Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
Can someone explain to me why it's a big deal for a sitting President to accept the nomination from the White House? Obviously this wouldn't be an issue if there was no pandemic, but even as a Dem, I don't give a shyt where he accepts his party's nomination.
Typical shyt about breaking norms. White House isn’t supposed to be used for political purposes.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Can someone explain to me why it's a big deal for a sitting President to accept the nomination from the White House? Obviously this wouldn't be an issue if there was no pandemic, but even as a Dem, I don't give a shyt where he accepts his party's nomination.
The White House is not supposed to be used for blatantly partisan events. The President is the OCCUPANT not the owner of the White House, so holding partisan events at the White House means that Trump would be turning it into his own home and not the American people's home (which it is).

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there seems to be an unwritten rule about partisan campaigning from those grounds

just imagine what rethugs would say if obama did it in 2012. theres your answer :dead:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Honest question...why aren't assassination attempts a thing anymore? I was shocked Obama didn't have more from crazy CACs and im even more shocked Trump doesn't have them everyday seeing how insane and divisive he is. Esp considering public shootings are a bigger things these days and gun nuts are everywhere. Is security just that much better for the pres? Do they not go in public like they used to?
Everyone telling you not to write this is why they don’t happen. Government is watching you.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It’s against the law for a government employee, in their place of work, to make political statements. GS-15 Joe at GSA would lose his job over it.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Honest question...why aren't assassination attempts a thing anymore? I was shocked Obama didn't have more from crazy CACs and im even more shocked Trump doesn't have them everyday seeing how insane and divisive he is. Esp considering public shootings are a bigger things these days and gun nuts are everywhere. Is security just that much better for the pres? Do they not go in public like they used to?
Soft targets and easy publicity vs hard target and failure notoriety.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trump supporters excuse for the polls are moderates who will vote for Trump won’t admit it over the phone in fear of backlash if they say there gonna vote for him which is bs