Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
:pacspit:

Unsanitized: Federal Benefit Extension Looks Remote as Anger Mounts

Stamp Inflation

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer followed up on their meeting with Postmaster General Louis DeJoy by putting in writing their allegation that DeJoy admitted to slowing down the mail, through “reductions of overtime availability, restrictions on extra mail transportation trips, testing of new sorting and delivery policies at hundreds of Post Offices, and the reduction of the number and use of processing equipment at mail processing plants.”

We knew this was happening but didn’t have all the brazen specifics of the slowdown—testing new policies right now has nothing to do with a fiscal crisis and everything to do with degradation. More members of Congress are demanding a reversal to these orders, including rural Republicans, whose constituents rely on consistent mail service. There’s also the point that delaying the mail deliberately is a criminal offense, though I don’t see Bill Barr sending anyone over to cuff the Postmaster General anytime soon.

I do think we’ll see a reversal soon, because on top of everything, it’s a terrible position for an incumbent to make the most citizen-facing government agency in daily life demonstrably worse. But I want to point to something that only the (paywalled) Capitol Forum has pointed out. The Postal Service has informed states that they’ll need to pay first-class 55-cent postage to mail ballots to voters, rather than the normal 20-cent bulk rate. That nearly triples the per-ballot cost at a time when tens of millions more will be delivered. The rate change would have to go through the Postal Regulatory Commission and, undoubtedly, litigation. But the time frame for that is incredibly short, as ballots go out very soon.

A side benefit of this money grab is that states and cities may decide they don’t have the money to mail absentee ballots, and will make them harder to get. Which is exactly the worst-case scenario everyone fears.

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...

yea, biden is senile.... he's biking, driving, etc.... all meanwhile trump is just sitting on his fat ass tweeting... you tell me who is senile, the guy that can bike and drive and all the other activities cognitive people engage in or the guy that has trouble drinking water and walking down ramps....

give me a break man, i'm riding with biden....

Last edited:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Ok I been telling yall for months Trump wil try to buy off voters in the final months. Here it comes...4 executive orders — unemployment; evictions; student loans; payroll tax. Details to come.

President Trump is expected to sign as many as four executive orders as soon as Saturday after talks with Democrats faltered on an economic relief package, two people briefed on the planning said.

One of the executive orders would aim to restore some unemployment aid for millions of Americans whose enhanced benefits expire last month. Two of the other executive orders would relate to eviction protections and student loan relief.

And the fourth executive order would seek to defer payroll tax payments from July - retroactively - through December.