Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Anyone else think because of Trump dems are going to push more to the right?
It's certainly possible. I've been warning about that for two years. We'll just have to see if leadership thinks they can get away with it, because they've proven for the last three decades that there's no great commitment to a liberal agenda.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
breh, you have to look at this with more strategy :yeshrug: we HAVE to win first in november, that means bringing on board as many people as you can

later for wondering about how biden governs; first we have to make sure he puts his hand on the fukkin bible
There’s more common ground to be found with sane moderate republicans than leftists who advocate for an “alliance” with right wing populists

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
There’s more common ground to be found with sane moderate republicans than leftists who advocate for an “alliance” with right wing populists
That’s an overstatement.

The minute Biden wins, the second Dems pass a stimulus, the GOP will run back its 2010 playbook and those former moderate GOP voters will eat the propaganda up.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
That’s an overstatement.

The minute Biden wins, the second Dems pass a stimulus, the GOP will run back its 2010 playbook and those former moderate GOP voters will eat the propaganda up.
I disagree, the 2010 playbook wouldn’t work on Biden.

So you’re saying moderate republicans are less negotiable than right wing populist?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's certainly possible. I've been warning about that for two years. We'll just have to see if leadership thinks they can get away with it, because they've proven for the last three decades that there's no great commitment to a liberal agenda.

They will definitely try but I think the populace is going to push harder from the left especially after the trillions of $ stimulus to big business starts showing how it will shape the nation.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
then it's on the dems to pass a good bill that works for those voters :yeshrug:

make it hard for the GOP to shyt on a stimulus that directly benefits their voters :dead: this shouldnt be that hard if warren and bernie are writing all this genius legislation that benefits 80 percent of america

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I disagree, the 2010 playbook wouldn’t work on Biden.

So you’re saying moderate republicans are less negotiable than right wing populist?
First off, what is a moderate Republican?

In my mind, they were wiped out in 2010 in the Koch funded Tea Party wave. There's basically none in Congress. I could even go back to the 2006 Dem Wave even. Maybe even the 1994 midterms.

You either have Libertarians who are only there to prop up big business, tax cuts, tax cuts, destroy government at all levels. Or you have regular Republicans who are also there to increase the power of security state, push for more war, and not govern but there to give tax cuts, tax cuts, and aim to complete the work of Reagan.

Sure, there's rhetoric on controlling immigration but as we've seen the GOP can't govern unless they can cut taxes.

You may find common ground with Libertarians on war and peace and curtailing the security state. That's about it.

These people in the Tea Party use populist themes to stay relevant with their voting bloc..but what do the voters want? They may want more pro-worker policies that exclude minorities. They may talk about being anti-elite yet... they support Trump and his corrupt administration that rules for elites. They definitely want no immigration into the country. They have no problems with corporate corruption because that funds their movement. No issue with climate change. And in some cases, no problems with a war with another Muslim majority country like Iran despite the disaster it'll entail.

In my mind, I don't believe none of these fukking Republican leaders are moderates. None. Lincoln Project guys are not moderates. They are all to this day justifying Bush's crimes.

I'm in Maryland, Larry Hogan is my governor. He is NOT a moderate despite the characterization. He's just a competent figure who can't implement his agenda because of Maryland's Democratic supermajorities.