Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I understand the hesitation some of you have about some moderate Republicans endorsing Biden. However, without some of those moderate Republican voters turning against the GOP in the suburbs then the Democrats would NOT have won control of the House in 2018.

Kasich is not a "moderate" Republican, he's just not a Tea Party-type like Jim Jordan. However, the endorsement of prominent non-Tea Party Republicans can definitely help Biden & the Democrats get back control of the Presidency & Senate.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I understand the hesitation some of you have about some moderate Republicans endorsing Biden. However, without some of those moderate Republican voters turning against the GOP in the suburbs then the Democrats would NOT have won control of the House in 2018.

Kasich is not a "moderate" Republican, he's just not a Tea Party-type like Jim Jordan. However, the endorsement of prominent non-Tea Party Republicans can definitely help Biden & the Democrats get back control of the Presidency & Senate.

Its been a decades long project for the Dems to win the suburbs. Trump accelerated it.

I'm only saying, do not trust these people or expect them to be on your side when it is time to get dirty and govern.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Wow. And yes he was the governor of Ohio before the current one. He clashed with Trump throughout the 2016 primaries. I knew his former campaign manager was one of the main Lincoln Project guys but I didn’t expect him to convince a former well respected GOP governor to endorse Biden.

Kasich and Biden went on a speaking tour together a couple years ago too.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
First off, what is a moderate Republican?

In my mind, they were wiped out in 2010 in the Koch funded Tea Party wave. There's basically none in Congress. I could even go back to the 2006 Dem Wave even. Maybe even the 1994 midterms.

You either have Libertarians who are only there to prop up big business, tax cuts, tax cuts, destroy government at all levels. Or you have regular Republicans who are also there to increase the power of security state, push for more war, and not govern but there to give tax cuts, tax cuts, and aim to complete the work of Reagan.

Sure, there's rhetoric on controlling immigration but as we've seen the GOP can't govern unless they can cut taxes.

You may find common ground with Libertarians on war and peace and curtailing the security state. That's about it.

These people in the Tea Party use populist themes to stay relevant with their voting bloc..but what do the voters want? They may want more pro-worker policies that exclude minorities. They may talk about being anti-elite yet... they support Trump and his corrupt administration that rules for elites. They definitely want no immigration into the country. They have no problems with corporate corruption because that funds their movement. No issue with climate change. And in some cases, no problems with a war with another Muslim majority country like Iran despite the disaster it'll entail.

In my mind, I don't believe none of these fukking Republican leaders are moderates. None. Lincoln Project guys are not moderates. They are all to this day justifying Bush's crimes.

I'm in Maryland, Larry Hogan is my governor. He is NOT a moderate despite the characterization. He's just a competent figure who can't implement his agenda because of Maryland's Democratic supermajorities.
Mitt Romney, Charlie Baker, Larry Hogan, Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins to a certain extent are moderate Republicans.

You said a whole lot without answering my question.

Do you believe you can find more common ground with Tucker Carlson right wing type populists than Mitt Romney/John Kasich moderate Republicans?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm not really sure it matters much what Republican politicians are saying right now. The election is a referendum on Trump and virtually everybody already knows how they feel about him at this point. :yeshrug:

And it's pretty much guaranteed a lot of those Republican voters will go back to the GOP once Trump is gone, for the same reasons they voted Republican to begin with.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I'm not really sure it matters much what Republican politicians are saying right now. The election is a referendum on Trump and virtually everybody already knows how they feel about him at this point. :yeshrug:

And it's pretty much guaranteed a lot of those Republican voters will go back to the GOP once Trump is gone, for the same reasons they voted Republican to begin with.

agree with the latter 100%

biden comes in and raises taxes and the GOP is back in the game :yeshrug: its that simple

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
There’s more common ground to be found with sane moderate republicans than leftists who advocate for an “alliance” with right wing populists
In today’s climate, Dubya is considered a moderate.

Mitt Romney, Charlie Baker, Larry Hogan, Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins to a certain extent are moderate Republicans.
These people are not moderates

Your posts on this topic shows how successful the right wing has been in America to pushing the center towards the right.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Its been a decades long project for the Dems to win the suburbs. Trump accelerated it.

I'm only saying, do not trust these people or expect them to be on your side when it is time to get dirty and govern.
I never said that we should love these Republicans or let them change the Democratic Party. If they help Biden & Democrats get control this year, then I don't care what they do after this year.

A NeverTrumper Republican Jennifer Rubin said it herself, once Trump is gone we can go back to arguing over policy.

:manny:

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
In today’s climate, Dubya is considered a moderate.

These people are not moderates

Your posts on this topic shows how successful the right wing has been in America to pushing the center towards the right.
That’s your opinion not fact. America isn’t as left wing as you wish it were

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

I wouldn't go that far. It's going to take years for Republicans to undo the damage caused by Trump.

This is the Biden or Trump related but I'm still posting it:

Bruh :dead:

Jesus fukking Christ. Glad I moved to Missouri a couple years ago and will have the privilege of voting against him in November.