Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Defunding the police is such piss poor messaging. Why not call it reform the police?

if your slogan is so polarizing that you have to end up explaining it then it’s probably a bad one politically

the rethugs are so good at political messaging. “Right to work” completely shyts on workers but you wouldn’t know it by the messaging
fukk outta here

Police reform has been around since Rodney King. Reform the police happened under Obama and people are still getting brutalized and killed. You gotta stop being a coward with what is necessary. All you are doing is playing to the opposite side.

Defund the police means cutting police budgets and putting money in social services that actually prevent crime. Policing. Doesn’t. Prevent. Crime.

We have known this since the early 20th century, ffs.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
fukk outta here

Police reform has been around since Rodney King. Reform the police happened under Obama and people are still getting brutalized and killed. You gotta stop being a coward with what is necessary. All you are doing is playing to the opposite side.

Defund the police means cutting police budgets and putting money in social services that actually prevent crime. Policing. Doesn’t. Prevent. Crime.

We have known this since the early 20th century, ffs.

my post completely went over your head. I didn’t say the action of defunding the police is wrong, I said the messaging/slogan is poor choice politically because it’s polarizing. The fact that you had to explain it so emotionally proved my point.

We could still run it as “Reform the police” but still defund it in the manner you describe.

Just like “Right to work” actually means give employers all the power and workers very little but you wouldn’t realize that on the political messaging surface level.

It’s much harder for rethugs to demonize the policy when you’re marketing it as “Reform” even if your intentions of reforming is defunding because most Americans agree that some form of reformation is needed. It’s still politics at the end of the day and messaging matters

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

my post completely went over your head. I didn’t say the action of defunding the police is wrong, I said the messaging/slogan is poor choice politically because it’s polarizing. The fact that you had to explain it so emotionally proved my point.

We could still run it as “Reform the police” but still defund it in the manner you describe.

Just like “Right to work” actually means give employers all the power and workers very little but you wouldn’t realize that on the political messaging surface level.

It’s much harder for rethugs to demonize the policy when you’re marketing it as “Reform” even if your intentions of reforming is defunding because most Americans agree that some form of reformation is needed. It’s still politics at the end of the day and messaging matters

Republicans went right after police reform when Obama was President. They kept screaming about DOJ overreach. Blue Lives Matter. All this other bullshid.

Defund the police is not politically popular. We know that. But the protesters are done with 'reform'...

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I said the messaging/slogan is poor choice politically because it’s polarizing.
Your post didn’t go over my head. I knew exactly what you meant.

Defunding the police is the right wording. Nothing about removing police funding to go towards social service improvements is about reforming police work. Body cams were supposed to reform the police.

Everything you said in your two posts is placating to bad actors. It’s time we stop doing that.

Outlaw

Daps
Reppin

Republicans went right after police reform when Obama was President. They kept screaming about DOJ overreach. Blue Lives Matter. All this other bullshid.

Defund the police is not politically popular. We know that. But the protesters are done with 'reform'...
Republicans are gonna say what they want to say regardless but if you actually want the legislation to pass and take hold without political blow back you need to make sure the messaging is popular as well as the policy

Outlaw

Daps
Reppin
Your post didn’t go over my head. I knew exactly what you meant.

Defunding the police is the right wording. Nothing about removing police funding to go towards social service improvements is about reforming police work. Body cams were supposed to reform the police.

Everything you said in your two posts is placating to bad actors. It’s time we stop doing that.
Defunding the police isn’t going to pass if low information voters are against it. You need to market the policy in the right way. If you call it police reform or police reorganization then you may have a chance of defunding actually passing. Being passionate about it doesn’t mean shyt if low information America is going to reject because the branding sounds too radical

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Defunding the police isn’t going to pass if low information voters are against it. You need to market the policy in the right way. If you call it police reform or police reorganization then you may have a chance of defunding actually passing. Being passionate about it doesn’t mean shyt if low information America is going to reject because the branding sounds too radical
Reforming the police isn’t going to pass because of low information voters. Stop placating bad actors. The GOP, oligarchs, police departments and police unions do not want any changes. They will tell you any reforms is bad for “police work.”

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You forgot Obama and Biden still get Ts briefs and the goings on in Government right? Biden don’t need a transition from Trump
I'm pretty sure Biden doesn't get them but I could be wrong, plus remember that only applies to foreign policy. But the transition is more than that. It's getting your people where they need to be on day one, being briefed on government iniatives, etc. For instance Obama was briefed on how bad the economy truly was during his transition. Bush administration knew there needed to be some type of direct stimulus after TARP passed but deferred until Obama took over.

Consider the coronavirus. Is Jared Kushner going to walk his successor through where the current response team is? Will Pence invite Biden people to a coronavirus task force meeting? Will Biden be briefed on the progress of the vaccine? Maybe Fauci and others say fukk it and decide to brief Biden but what if Trump tells them not to.

There are two and a half months between the election and the inauguration. Valuable time that could be lost if Trump wants to be a vindictive a$$hole.