Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'm pretty sure Biden doesn't get them but I could be wrong, plus remember that only applies to foreign policy. But the transition is more than that. It's getting your people where they need to be on day one, being briefed on government iniatives, etc. For instance Obama was briefed on how bad the economy truly was during his transition. Bush administration knew there needed to be some type of direct stimulus after TARP passed but deferred until Obama took over.

Consider the coronavirus. Is Jared Kushner going to walk his successor through where the current response team is? Will Pence invite Biden people to a coronavirus task force meeting? Will Biden be briefed on the progress of the vaccine? Maybe Fauci and others say fukk it and decide to brief Biden but what if Trump tells them not to.

There are two and a half months between the election and the inauguration. Valuable time that could be lost if Trump wants to be a vindictive a$$hole.
I’m probably naive but I think they would be more likely to want to pass it off and get it off their plate.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I’m probably naive but I think they would be more likely to want to pass it off and get it off their plate.
Maybe but with the vaccine I think Trump could feel it was his "idea" and he doesn't want Biden to get credit for it. Trump has been claiming it'll be ready or close to ready in January. Which is in the transition period. What if he halts progress after the election? Or what if they're lying and we aren't close to a vaccine. Fauci seems hopeful but there has never been a vaccine that was ready to go in under four years of development.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Been meaning to post this but the idea of Trump painting Biden as old and out of it might be a net negative for him:

• Biden stumbles but he’s got a known stuttering problem and generally speaking he does with a fairly high level of energy.
  • Contrast 45 last night and he was a mess of reading and slurred words. He had a Lincoln Project ad full just last night
  • This probably doesn’t play well with older voters which Trump can’t afford to lose. It would be one thing id he was a younger better speaking candidate but he’s not much different and the messaging might hit older voters a little too close to home.

Last edited:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been meaning to post this but the of Trump painting Biden as old and out of it might be net negative for him:

• Biden stumbles but he’s got a known stuttering problem and generally speaking he does with a fairly high level of energy.
  • Contrast 45 last night and he a mess of reading and slurred words. He had a Lincoln Project ad full just last night
  • This probably doesn’t play well with older voters which Trump can’t afford to lose. It would be one thing id he was a younger better speaking candidate but he’s not much different and the messaging might hit older voters a little too close to home.

He really doesn't have a angle with Biden, in terms of appealing to independent voters. All the things he critiques Biden of he's actually guilty of as well. And they're both white men so the white nativism gas-lighting won't work either.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been meaning to post this but the idea of Trump painting Biden as old and out of it might be a net negative for him:

• Contrast 45 last night and he a mess of reading and slurred words. He had a Lincoln Project ad full just last night
said the same thing

biden comes off as likeable and relatable to old voters. trump better tread carefully with that attack line if he wants to play it

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

Plus Joe Biden has done a good job framing himself as a blue-collar politician. When he makes a gaffe, it's to be expected as its part of his image.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i think biden is gonna win the woman vote for a few reasons, which probably flips the election

-women dont want to vote for another woman :dead: maybe a gretchen whitmer, but not a hillary clinton. that clearly happened last time

-biden's wife is gonna lowkey play a part in this, i like her. the average married couple is more biden/jill, not trump and his russian mail order bride. older voters are probably gonna see biden in their husbands as well, with all his senior moments :dead:

-suburban women are abandoning trump in droves. between the crudeness, misogyny and mishandling of this disease that affects everyones family, hes finished in that demographic barring some crazy turnaround

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Yeah, the Twitter thread @Hood Critic posted a while back is the story here more so than polls. The gist of the thread was that when you take away dedicated voters for either side, Trump needs to win 90+% (I think) of “undecided” voters to win. As it stands he doesn’t have a realistic path without a very successful voter suppression program.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, the Twitter thread @Hood Critic posted a while back is the story here more so than polls. The gist of the thread was that when you take away dedicated voters for either side, Trump needs to win 90+% (I think) of “undecided” voters to win. As it stands he doesn’t have a realistic path without a very successful voter suppression program.
outside of the former confederacy, which we arent gonna win anyway, im not sure how effectively theyll be able to suppress votes

i dont say that naively, i know the rethugs are gonna try. but at least the 3 swing states PA MI and WI all have dem governors

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
outside of the former confederacy, which we arent gonna win anyway, im not sure how effectively theyll be able to suppress votes

i dont say that naively, i know the rethugs are gonna try. but at least the 3 swing states PA MI and WI all have dem governors
Good point. I guess Florida is the biggest issue there. That one state that would crush him in the South.

The voter suppression effort might hurt him as well. The more they do overtly fires up those not voting for him.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
honestly im just looking at florida as a pleasant surprise if biden wins it :dead:
I don't see Biden winning that either, but there was a surge of Puerto Rican's that moved into Florida in 2018-2019 after the hurricane so that could tighten the race a bit. I think that's why Gillum was so close to DeSantis in 2018. There's been a lot more that have moved since that election so it could be close.