Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Kamala is fine. The importance of VPs is largely overstated. It's moreso about not fukking up. It's the candidate's first major decision. As long as he or she doesn't fukk up, normally people don't care that much. Obama made a good VP choice but did Biden make fence sitting white people side with Obama...or did McCain's erratic campaign in the midst of an economic crisis do the job? Speaking of erratic, McCain picking Palin was a desperate and stupid decision that blew up his main argument against Obama (experience). It was a bad selection.

Al Gore was prob the most consequential VP choice in recent history. It helped Clinton flip half the south blue, including Gore's home state of Tennessee, and gave dems an unbeatable electoral college advantage. There's not a democrat VP who is going to turn the needle in any major way. Warren would help younger voters come home. Kamala would excite black people. Flip a coin and pick one.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
they still vote.

racist trump ppl still vote.

that’s my entire point in a nutshell, y’all keeping thinking ppl u like appeal to the ppl we actually need to switchback or come to vote for the dems
Bruh, is a mixed VP candidate with a white bias and has you that triggered you won’t vote for the fukking presidential candidate running against trump, you - and they - are clowns.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I remember reading a comment that Kamala used black men to get ahead in her career (Willie Brown) and to get extra publicity (Montell Williams) then got with a white man when she was done using black men and now wants to act pro-black.
She got married late in life, how about maybe she was picking wrong and/or black men played games with her and she married who she could. All this :gurl: about her when there is substantive stuff about her political career to critique is clown ish

Daps
She got married late in life, how about maybe she was picking wrong and/or black men played games with her and she married who she could. All this :gurl: about her when there is substantive stuff about her political career to critique is clown ish
She could have had any black man she wanted.

Me personally, I don't care as much as militants do. She may lose some black male support, but she'll maintain black woman support and she'll be "safe" for white people because she's married to a white man anyway.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Middle class black men are looking to vote for a black police chief?

nikka shut the fukk up.

Thats who she got out to win in 2018 :mjgrin:

Like I said theres a disticnt difference between progressive twitter folk and actual middle age ppl who vote.

They almost outvote them 2 to 1.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Picking cops over prosecutors....

Her husband is a black cop, championing for police reform; he pushed for body cams. So yes, I trust his opinion over Kamala's. He's even pro defunding the police, right now as a mayor.

As the first African American Orlando Police Chief, the first African American Orange County Sheriff, and the first African American Orange County Mayor, among other “firsts,” Demings says the discrimination he experienced pushed him to make changes from the inside out.
“For those young people who find themselves frustrated, I say to all of them, get into the arena. Try to be the change by being part of these organizations,” Demings said.
They are organizations Demings must reflect the community as a whole.
"Our agencies are much more diverse today than they’ve ever been. Am I satisfied? No. I think it can be better and so our recruitment efforts have to be focused on getting the diversity that we need,” he said.
He also believes accountability and standards must be better.
‘Here in the state of Florida, it is not a requirement for a law enforcement agency to be accredited by the state of Florida. I believe that should change,” Demings said.
But change often requires money. Demings says law enforcement agencies are fairly well funded, and it’s about where the funding goes.
“We should look inward as a division of government to make sure we’re using the people’s money in the most effective way. I believe it’s going to require some changes in the way we train,” Demings said.
Orange County Mayor: Open-minded Leaders, Citizens Needed for Change