Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They didn't win because in most people eyes, getting rid of Trump was mission number 1 and they felt Biden was the best one to do that. Literally no one I know voted for Biden because they loved his policies. Most of them couldn't name a single Biden policy. It was all about getting Trump out of office.

THERE’S AN ENTIRE COUNTRY OF VOTERS OUT THERE. YOUR FRIENDS ARE MEANINGLESS COMPARED TO 75 MILLION PEOPLE. EVERYONE HAD A CHANCE TO PICK BERNIE AND THEY CHOSE BIDEN. IF YOU DONT KNOW BIDEN’S POLICIES, THEN YOU ARE NOT THAT ENGAGED IN POLITICS AS THEY ARE WRITTEN ABOUT EVERY SINGLE DAY IN THE WASHINGTON POST AND THE NYTIMES :mindblown: WHAT IS IT WITH YOU BERNIE NIKKAS? I WAS A WARREN VOTER AND I CAME ON BOARD ONCE BIDEN WON. YALL NIKKAS LOST. STOP WITH THE EXCUSES. IF PEOPLE WANTED BERNIE, HE WOULD’VE BEEN PRESIDENT.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

tenor.gif

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Yes, progressive policies are very popular. And you would probably register more Dem voters if you didnt appear to be repub-lite. You are running as a centrist and still losing so whats the difference. As a politician, you have to be able to brand things accordingly. Dont say its a "progressive policy", thats what it seems like centrist Dems love doing so they can cast off the progressive side of the policy. They want Americans to hate the far left of their own party.

M4A - 69% approval

Only reason its slipping for repubs is because its being branded as "AOC and Bernie's policy". Dems ae horrible at branding 9I think we can at least agree on that right?) Its still wildly popular across the board

Student loan forgiveness
53% of republicans are neutral or support. Thats 53% of republicans

Progressive economic positions are popular ; not progressive positions on social issues.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

I know Jamelle Bouie is being facetious, but....yes, Dems need to start doing more performative gestures like this. It's the one thing they can learn from Trump - when you do something good for the American people, go out and flaunt that shyt.

If it was up to me, Joe would be doing pep rallies around the country throughout his presidency. Anytime a bill/EO is signed, I'd hold the ceremony in factories, in schools, in hospitals where people are going to be affected. This is how you cut through the Fox News echo chamber by touching the people and forcing the local news to cover it (most people still get their news from local news). I think Biden should be outside of D.C. as much as possible once he gets this virus under control.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here we go. If this was true, why didn’t Bernie win? Why didn’t Warren win? The people had a chance to pick these progressive candidates. WHY DIDNT THEY? .
i think thats my favorite part of the dishonesty coming from the far left, even some posters in here

they think bernie and warren would have won a general election in america against a hardcore capitalist, but they couldnt win a primary comprised solely of just democrat voters

elizabeth warren, who got 1 percent of the primary vote, would have beaten trump in the general

the delusion is :laff:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Back to this Esper firing.

Didn't he also replace someone in a nuclear agency recently?

Now he has a yes man between himself and the nuclear football?

This is worrisome.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

This is worrisome.
I think that's two sperate platforms. Management of the nuclear supply (defense and otherwise) should fall under the energy department. Military is a nother matter but he has the final call on the football. Always has and will until Jan..................

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

This is worrisome.
Not that simple breh you have to be of sound mind and judgement to give the order to laund nuclear weapons.. Way to many redundancies in place to stop someone like trump in just giving the order to launch nuclear weapons

Uno

Superstar
Daps
They didn't win because in most people eyes, getting rid of Trump was mission number 1 and they felt Biden was the best one to do that. Literally no one I know voted for Biden because they loved his policies. Most of them couldn't name a single Biden policy. It was all about getting Trump out of office.

Joe Biden ran for president, what 3 or 4 times and got eliminated early each time. Now he is inspirational candidate and people were voting for him and not against Trump :mjlol:

Centrist are good spinning