Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Payday23

Superstar
Daps

:lolbron:

tenor.gif

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I think student loan forgiveness is a start but I think we also have to admit that targeted programs aimed specifically at African Americans
would be considerably better.

Often times when it comes to progress they seem to take a "all boats rise..." approach, so I think @Houston911 also has a point.
What about the White children who are already starting at second or third base ? This doesn't necessarily "close the gap", in many
ways it might keep that gap roughly the same but earn the politician who implements it a ton of political clout and good will.
the white kids starting on 2nd or 3rd base 1) dont have loans 2) if they do have loans their parents will pay them off or they will get an inheritance, this makes no difference for them. yall worried about what white kids get sound as silly as poor whites voting down things that would help them because of what a black or brown person will get out of it.

once again, black kids take on more debt for school, are stuck with the debt longer, work jobs that pay less, and often black kids who go to college end up financially supporting people outside their nuclear family (spouse and kids) at a higher clip than white people - not having this debt has an exponentially positive effect on their lives, regardless of a white kid having debt forgiven that their family could pay.

lastly, this isn't supposed to be an AA specific piece of legislation. there is nothing stopping people from looking for AA specific legislation, but you don't stall progress on universal legislation that could help black people simply because it also helps others. :dahell:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
what does any of this have to do with the fact that black graduates earn less money and their saving will need to go towards necessities instead of wealth generation :what:

y’all read faster than y’all can process and start arguing shyt nobody said

never said it wouldn’t help blacks people
because if they weren’t paying $600/month in loans they have more money to save, invest, or at bare minimum, have more disposable income to cover day to day living expenses :what:

in what world does having less debt not have a net positive effect on your life? :mindblown: this one proposal doesn't fix every disparity black college grads face, but it 100% is a positive change

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Shout out to @wickedsm as well.
Hope she is safe and enjoying this wherever she is.
I miss her so much, she was such a great person! Authentic and compassionate, I truly hope whatever her situation is, her and hers is safe, happy, and celebrating! If you ever see this @wickedsm we still miss you, talk about you, and wish you nothing but the very best, all love from over here!

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
because if they weren’t paying $600/month in loans they have more money to save, invest, or at bare minimum, have more disposable income to cover day to day living expenses :what:

in what world does having less debt not have a net positive effect on your life? :mindblown: this one proposal doesn't fi disparity black college grads face, but it 100% is a positive change

Who said it doesn’t have a net positive on Their life? :what: Quote what you’re responding to

if you make $40,000 then you’re prolly just making ends meet so that money saved is going to day to day living (which is what I said twice already)

I said that white folks can use these savings to invest and generate wealth. You’re responding to a bunch of shyt that nobody said