Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Who said it doesn’t have a net positive on Their life? :what: Quote what you’re responding to

if you make $40,000 then you’re prolly just making ends meet so that money saved is going to day to day living (which is what I said twice already)

I said that white folks can use these savings to invest and generate wealth. You’re responding to a bunch of shyt that nobody said
:mjtf:Should we take away HUD because white folks benefit from it as well? I'm confused on your angle on this

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Who said it doesn’t have a net positive on Their life? :what: Quote what you’re responding to

if you make $40,000 then you’re prolly just making ends meet so that money saved is going to day to day living (which is what I said twice already)

I said that white folks can use these savings to invest and generate wealth. You’re responding to a bunch of shyt that nobody said
what does what white people do have to do with what black people do? there are a multitude of things that have gotten us behind, student loans are yet another cuff black people bear at a higher rate than white people in our attempt to move forward economically. so because this savings get only gets black people to point 1 while possibly getting white people to point 3, we should skip it and leave black people at -2 and white people at 1? what the hell logic is that?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
what does what white people do have to do with what black people do? there are a multitude of things that have gotten us behind, student loans are yet another cuff black people bear at a higher rate than white people in our attempt to move forward economically. so because this savings get only gets black people to point 1 while possibly getting white people to point 3, we should skip it and leave black people at -2 and white people at 1? what the hell logic is that?

Quote where I said it wasn’t a net positive since you put that in your last post

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Quote where I said it wasn’t a net positive since you put that in your last post
you seem to be against it because white people benefit (wealth generation), who cares that they benefit if it's a net positive for black people (being able to cover more than the basics)? if i'm misunderstanding, please feel free to better articulate why you feel a capped student loan forgiveness program is bad?

edit: and this doesn't widen the wealth gap, it simply shifts it. if a black kid with loans is worth 0 and a white kid is worth $25k, taking away $50k worth of debt now moves the black kid to $50k and white kid to $75, they still have the same extra economic power at work, except now the black kid isnt stuck at $0

Last edited:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
you seem to be against it because white people benefit (wealth generation), who cares that they benefit if it's a net positive for black people (being able to cover more than the basics)? if i'm misunderstanding, please feel free to better articulate why you feel a capped student loan forgiveness program is bad?
I’m still trying to understand how you interpreted anything said as “this is not a net positive for the blacks getting their loans forgiven”

please point that out

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Student loan forgiveness will increase the racial wealth gap :unimpressed:

How does this help the poor black folks who didn't go to college cuz they didn't wanna take on debt?

:scust:

You said this, which makes no sense lol. Not every social plan is a one size fit all. Relieving student loan debt will help poor black people who went to college and have amassed a significant portion of debt. In the future with free 2 year public college reform, that will also give black folks the option/access to even consider college in the first place. I don't see how this is a negative like any other social program such as HUD which also benefits a small segment of white folks.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I’m still trying to understand how you interpreted anything said as “this is not a net positive for the blacks getting their loans forgiven”

please point that out
because you're arguing against it because of some supposed benefit to white people, that connotes that you're overlooking, or dont care about, the net positive it is for black people

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You said this, which makes no sense lol. Not every social plan is a one size fit all. Relieving student loan debt will help poor black people who went to college and have amassed a significant portion of debt. In the future with free public college reform, that will also give black folks the option/access to even consider college in the first place. I don't see how this is a negative like any other social program such as HUD which also benefits a small segment of white folks.

this is a silly comparison. you’re comparing a low income housing program to loan forgiveness for people with incomes up to 150k :unimpressed:

Yes blacks borrow more frequently than whites, but because you have 5x as many whites as blacks in college the overwhelming majority of the money from loan forgiveness will be spent on white people (especially when you set the income limit that high). I’d prefer a program where that was not the case.