Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
I was going back n forth with @Mephistopheles about this in the Tom Cotton thread. I just don't see "Trumpism" moving forward without Donald Trump. I think he has a unique ability to con, sale, and hold the media attention needed for a movement like this. I also believe a lot of his "supporters" are only with him because he won and he's in the position of power to enact their agenda. I don't envision the party continuing to kiss his ass once he loses that power. The rest of his family are a joke. Don Jr. isn't built for this.
A lot of the MAGA folks were part of the tea party wave during Obama. For years there has been this resentment from the talk radio and other far right space against Republican establishment for being RINOs. The tea party wave was the breaking point because them racist cacs couldn’t believe Obama won two terms. Trump was seen as anti establishment and the far right hero they wanted. If Trump loses and Dems take power they will be further radicalized. Fox News will be there to radicalize them. I don’t see the GOP going moderate because the base doesn’t want to moderate. They will select a far right candidate for 2024. The establishment has lost control of the base.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
A lot of the MAGA folks were part of the tea party wave during Obama. For years there has been this resentment from the talk radio and other far right space against Republican establishment for being RINOs. The tea party wave was the breaking point because them racist cacs couldn’t believe Obama won two terms. Trump was seen as anti establishment and the far right hero they wanted. If Trump loses and Dems take power they will be further radicalized. Fox News will be there to radicalize them. I don’t see the GOP going moderate because the base doesn’t want to moderate. They will select a far right candidate for 2024. The establishment has lost control of the base.
How do you continue to radicalize and still remain competitive on the national stage when Texas (33 electoral votes) is looking like this?

oUWAc7H.png

The data above is from the Quinnipiac poll from a few days ago. Biden is currently winning every age group but 65+ in Texas. Many of those old people that are keeping Republicans competitive in this state are going to be dead in 4-8 years. Meanwhile, many young (more liberal) Hispanics are coming to voting age in the next decade. If they continue to radicalize, this state will be firmly blue in the future, and the WH will be a pipe dream for Republicans. The numbers simply are not on their side moving forward, they have to expand the tent. So I envision an adjustment to their platform - softer tone on immigration, a softer stance on drugs (marijuana), a return to some semblance of common decency, and an olive branch to suburban women.....Nikki Haley 2024.

Cassidy-NikkiHaley.jpg

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
How do you continue to radicalize and still remain competitive on the national stage when Texas (33 electoral votes) is looking like this?

oUWAc7H.png

The data above is from the Quinnipiac poll from a few days ago. Biden is currently winning every age group but 65+ in Texas. Many of those old people that are keeping Republicans competitive in this state are going to be dead in 4-8 years. Meanwhile, many young (more liberal) Hispanics are coming to voting age in the next decade. If they continue to radicalize, this state will be firmly blue in the future, and the WH will be a pipe dream for Republicans. The numbers simply are not on their side moving forward, they have to expand the tent. Republicans know this and will adjust accordingly. As much as they are a party of hate, they are also a party of chameleons that will transform themselves into whatever it takes to maintain power, their base will fall in line when a Democrat is the alternative. So I envision an adjustment to their platform - softer tone on immigration, a softer stance on drugs (marijuana), a return to some semblance of common decency, and an olive branch to suburban women.....Nikki Haley 2024.

The Republicans aren't a national party. What was the last national program the GOP fought for? No child left behind? And that was with Teddy Kennedy.

They don't really care about the presidency to that extent. Look how much havoc they caused the the judiciary just by slowing down Obama's appointments.

The only thing they care about is tax cuts( which they can bargain Dems to give them by withholding votes) and wars which they can use Faux News, right wing radio, and NYT editorials to popularize with the nation as some patriotic thing. Or just drone strikes authorizations wars that no one notices like Obama, Bush, and Trump do.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Disgusting :hhh:

Can't put all the blame on Cubans this time.
Hispanic people are scared about their money right now. That's all I see from those numbers. They probably think overwhelmingly that Trump is the way back to prosperity. :yeshrug:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hispanics are a funny voting bloc man...:francis:

Have you noticed how Trump has toned down his rhetoric re: illegal immigration? I think that's a strategic decision by his team as they see an opening with Hispanics to make some gains there.
:ohhh: Haven't heard about the wall and illegals in a long time.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
The Republicans aren't a national party. What was the last national program the GOP fought for? No child left behind? And that was with Teddy Kennedy.

They don't really care about the presidency to that extent. Look how much havoc they caused the the judiciary just by slowing down Obama's appointments.

The only thing they care about is tax cuts( which they can bargain Dems to give them by withholding votes) and wars which they can use Faux News, right wing radio, and NYT editorials to popularize with the nation as some patriotic thing. Or just drone strikes authorizations wars that no one notices like Obama, Bush, and Trump do.
Well Republicans also are in danger of losing the Texas state House in November which would mean they'd lose totally autonomy on re-districting matters. So their issues here are also on a more local level.

But back to your main point, I think it's a little farfetched to say that they don't really care about the presidency. Their party has committed to spending more than a billion dollars for Trump's re-election campaign. As long as the president has appointment powers for the judiciary then they will care deeply about the presidency. If taxes is 1A for them, 1B would be the courts.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
:ohhh: Haven't heard about the wall and illegals in a long time.
It's by design breh. I've seen enough racist online commentary from Hispanics during the last few weeks of protests to know that there is a firm enough base there for him to finesse a third of that vote.

Last edited:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It's by design breh. I've seen enough racist online commentary from Hispanics during the last few weeks of protests to know that there is a firm enough base there for him to get a third of that vote.
On the other hand, if the white vote starts slipping too much towards Biden, better believe immigration is back on the ticket.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
It's by design breh. I've seen enough racist online commentary from Hispanics during the last few weeks of protests to know that there is a firm enough base there for him to get a third of that vote.

I feel like its concentrated in places like FL and TX and CA