Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
f1851028-baa3-4248-a420-00fae11aaa4d-IPSOS-poll-6.10.20-online.png

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Carter got put in a bad situation from the time he stepped foot in office. He had to deal with an unemployment crisis along with many other things that he didn't handle well that set up his demise.

If Biden wins he could be walking into a similar situation hopefully, his outcome isn't the same as Jimmy Carter's was in 1980.
This is why it’s important for Dems need to have a supermajority in Congress to pass economic reforms, police reforms, and reforms to deal with Covid-19.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This is why it’s important for Dems need to have a supermajority in Congress to pass economic reforms, police reforms, and reforms to deal with Covid-19.

Blame Beto and Stacy Abrams when dems fail to get a super majority. Even a 2008 style wave election is going to get them to 60 votes. Not because "dems suck lol" or anything like that...they just don't have the candidates to make it work. Talking about McConnell losing is fun, talking about Lindsay Graham losing is fun...but truth be told both will be re-elected. Doug Jones is probably going to lose in Alabama. And even dems picking up AZ/NC/ME/MT doesn't get them to 60.

To me the question is simple: how bad does Biden want to be a consequential figure? If he just wants to be a transitional figure that removes Trump and rides the wave wherever it takes him...he will probably be a one term president because the economy is going to be trash and conservatives will do everything in their power to rip the country apart on the state level (guns, police protections, more attacks on Obamacare, etc).

If Biden wants to be a consequential figure, he will have to destroy senate protocol by eliminating the filibuster. It is the only path forward if he wants to pass the big, bold stimulus he will need to jumpstart the economy. Including payments to Americans. It's the only way to restore Obamacare funding and add a public option. McConnell will not allow bills to pass without 60 votes. Even if he did, Rand Paul is there to stifle any progress. Do you just sit back and cry about it, or do you put your balls on the table and take a risk? I can see Biden trying to reason with republicans first...and I'm fine with that. He's a man of the senate, he will try to talk common sense with republicans friends he has worked with before. But...they will not budge. And how Biden deals with that will determine his fate.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blame Beto and Stacy Abrams when dems fail to get a super majority. Even a 2008 style wave election is going to get them to 60 votes. Not because "dems suck lol" or anything like that...they just don't have the candidates to make it work. Talking about McConnell losing is fun, talking about Lindsay Graham losing is fun...but truth be told both will be re-elected. Doug Jones is probably going to lose in Alabama. And even dems picking up AZ/NC/ME/MT doesn't get them to 60.

To me the question is simple: how bad does Biden want to be a consequential figure? If he just wants to be a transitional figure that removes Trump and rides the wave wherever it takes him...he will probably be a one term president because the economy is going to be trash and conservatives will do everything in their power to rip the country apart on the state level (guns, police protections, more attacks on Obamacare, etc).

If Biden wants to be a consequential figure, he will have to destroy senate protocol by eliminating the filibuster. It is the only path forward if he wants to pass the big, bold stimulus he will need to jumpstart the economy. Including payments to Americans. It's the only way to restore Obamacare funding and add a public option. McConnell will not allow bills to pass without 60 votes. Even if he did, Rand Paul is there to stifle any progress. Do you just sit back and cry about it, or do you put your balls on the table and take a risk? I can see Biden trying to reason with republicans first...and I'm fine with that. He's a man of the senate, he will try to talk common sense with republicans friends he has worked with before. But...they will not budge. And how Biden deals with that will determine his fate.
im not expecting anything from joe biden but to not be donald trump for the next 4 years :yeshrug: and im fine with that

2024 is the election that decides the future of this country

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
im not expecting anything from joe biden but to not be donald trump for the next 4 years :yeshrug: and im fine with that

2024 is the election that decides the future of this country

Which is why I'm trying to get the fukk out of this country.

I don't trust the people in this country to make the necessary changes to move the country forward.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which is why I'm trying to get the fukk out of this country.

I don't trust the people in this country to make the necessary changes to move the country forward.
idk breh. the way demographics are changing, if the dems run a dynamic ticket in 2024 they should crush the republicans

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
idk breh. the way demographics are changing, if the dems run a dynamic ticket in 2024 they should crush the republicans

My only issue with the Democrats is they tend to drag their feet and only go in halfway with necessary changes needed in this country.

The only good thing that may happen in the upcoming years is the Republican party having a civil war to remove the far right lunatics.