Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

southpawstyle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
California
Seriously, you didn't ask this question when Trumps was bailing out farmers in Iowa after starting a trade war with China.

It's not ever program that everyone needs to benefit proportionally from.

Such a bad faith argument.
I’m pretty sure there’s an actual “bad faith arguments from cac mamba” thread where he acknowledges his rhetorical shortcomings...unless that’s someone else.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Definitely not. Biden cut into just about every demo margin, sometimes dramatically. If he hadn't, there's a strong chance Trump could have had another narrow electoral college victory.
Eh...not based on the data that I saw. He held onto some of the gains in the suburbs from 2018 but otherwise he just ran up the numbers with Dems.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
So, I know you're familiar with this issue, isn't it a bit tricky for him to do it by EO?

Nope. Trump paused student loan payments through 12/31 via EO.

Biden could do the same indefinitely.

The answer, according to Luke Herrine, a Ph.D. student in law at Yale, lies with an obscure statute dating back to the Eisenhower presidency known as “compromise and settlement” authority. This authority was granted to the Department of Education first in 1958 and then codified further in the Higher Education Act of 1965.

Herrine, who recently finished a public draft of a paper on the subject, explained in an interview that compromise and settlement operates similarly to the concept of prosecutorial discretion, a “whole line of jurisprudence” that “is not really something the courts can question.” For example, if someone hits your car, you have standing to sue. But there’s nothing that says you must sue. Similarly, the Department of Education can just decide not to collect on student loans.

Compromise and settlement gives the Education Department this explicit authority. Herrine writes: “ED has absolute discretion to determine when to stop collections, when to collect less than the full amount, and when to release debtors’ claims in toto.”

Cancel Student Debt—Almost All of It

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
i just dont get why you have a problem with giving everyone 50k.
Sure, as soon as everyone bears the same burden of a continuous loan payment for something that neither guarantees them a job or a stable livelihood.

Its amazing how you invalidate everyone who owes even more than 50K in student loans.