Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
We are not going to win TX, OH and FL...

And betting on Florida to turn blue is the equivalent of betting on Trump to pass a 5th grade reading comprehension exam...

I don't care what the polls say, it ain't happening breh...

I think the point he is making, is that Texas has become a battleground state. Even I wouldn't have thought about that for at least another 10 years. But its actually happening now in 2020.....during a pandemic. The probably of Trump willing all battleground states is practically 0%. The Midwest is officially gone like Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, PA are now a distant memory. You got southern states that are within 2% of each other. Even Trump's first run around he won those places in the double digits.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True but its an inbred retarded state...

A grown man who supposedly went to college should be able to read and write above a 4th grade level...

I wouldn't bet on Trump to pass that exam so I can't bet on Florida either...
obama won florida twice :yeshrug: i think his VP can win it

but youre right, im not actually counting on it. biden only has to win MI, PA and WI and thats the electoral win :banderas:

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...

:snoop: i remember that.... lol... that was when cats thought mcmuffin would split the vote in utah and hillary would win there... she was so invested in flipping red states blue that blue states flipped red instead.....

Last edited:

F K

All Star
Daps
:snoop: i remember that.... lol... that was win cats thought mcmuffin would split the vote in utah and hillary would win there... she was so invested in flipping red states blue that blue states flipped red instead.....
:mjlol::to:

Cats were talking about... it's not enough just to beat trump we have to destroy him.:birdman: We didn't do either:shaq2:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol::to:

Cats were talking about... it's not enough just to beat trump we have to destroy him.:birdman: We didn't do either:shaq2:

Make no mistake, Biden already said that the Midwest is a priority. I mean, a major one.

• Dap
Reactions: F K

F K

All Star
Daps

:dahell: He better put rat boy in charge of something that will benefit black people because his mayoral track record is horrible. Mr #All-lives-matter is not going to win if he doesn't get his black numbers up.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Texas Poll Shows Dems Winning
by Evan Scrimshaw | Apr 30, 2020 | Uncategorized | 0 comments

On Saturday, I wrote on these pages that Texas Is Going Blue, based on a Texas Tribune/YouGov poll of the state which had some extremely wonky crosstabs that suggested Democrats were in good shape. Today, we got confirmation of this with a PPP poll of the state showing Biden ahead by 1. Now, it’s PPP, so caveats apply, but there’s reason to believe this poll is more reliable than the last one. Let’s start with the way the poll was broken out – having a big Trump lead with white voters makes a lot more sense for Texas than the close race YouGov showed. There’s a 4% swing towards the Democrats with white voters in the state since 2016, which makes a lot more sense than the 17% swing the previous poll had. The black vote is a lot more in line with what you should expect – instead of a big swing to Trump like YouGov, it shows Biden outrunning Hillary Clinton by 5%, which makes complete sense as well.

Now, 5% overperformances with black and white voters isn’t enough to flip Texas’ 9% margin – but they are if you’re outperforming Hillary Clinton by 20% with Hispanics. From a 27% win with those voters in 2016, Biden is looking at a 47% win now – and that sort of strength is what it will take to win Texas. Put another way, Texas Hispanics voted 11% to the right of the nation as a whole in 2016, and now they’re not doing so. That strength for Biden with Hispanics is not reflected in every poll, but this isn’t the first poll showing heightened Hispanic support for Biden recently – a Monday Siena College poll of New York showed Biden outperforming Clinton with Hispanics by 18% up there. If these patterns repeat, the GOP go from mildly troubled in Texas to up shyt’s creek without a paddle.

And that’s what this is actually about. Politics rarely moves wildly state to state – there’s an order and rhythm to state movements. Texas is not likely to be the tipping point, and is much more likely to be a cherry on top of a Democratic landslide if they win it. But that is the point exactly. The fact that I am writing about Texas at all means it is a landslide. If Texas is a coinflip for the GOP – a state that voted 11 points right of the nation in 2016, for fukk’s sake – then they’ve lost a whole hell of a lot before Texas, and that means Joe Biden is the President of the United States. I am not actually happy about the fact that the polls consistently point in one direction – I am a political junkie and boring elections that don’t have large amounts of uncertainty lose stakes. My mind is already drifting from 2020 because nothing is changing – and going to Australian byelections instead. But there is no doubt about it – Joe Biden’s going to be President unless Donald Trump gets his shyt together, and this Texas poll is a stake in the heart of his re-election chances.