Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Didnt Mitch's wife's company get caught smuggling cocaine from Colombia and China?

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People never been more fired up to get Trump outta office. Even non-voters are going to vote for the first time ever. People are fed up with Trump even worse than George W Bush's second term.

This is not entirely true. Bush’s approval ratings dipped to as low as 28% compared to 43% for Trump. Trump has like 93% approval rating from Republicans.

This is not a slam dunk especially with Grandpa Simpson running against Trump.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

this dude was one of those tea party retards, and he voted for trump in 2016

look what trump has done to some of these republicans :laff:

Yeah, and people forgot what the likes of John McCain did against Trump before he died.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Michigan: Out Of The GOP’s Reach

by Evan Scrimshaw | Apr 19, 2020 | Uncategorized | 0 comments

With fresh reporting out of the Grey Lady, it’s clear that the Trump campaign is seeing the same things out of Michigan as LeanTossup. From the New York Times write up: “More ominous for the president are some private Republican surveys that show him losing ground in key states like Michigan, where one recent poll has him losing by double digits, according to a Republican strategist who has seen it.” (For the record, LeanTossup? Biden +8.1%.)

I’ll get to the whole point about what it means for the electoral map in a second, but the fact that this is leaking is hilarious. “Hey, this poll has us absolutely fukked, what should we do with it?” “I dunno, give it to the Times,” is one hell of a thought process, not gonna lie. A thought process I am a fan of, admittedly, but still. Anyways, if the GOP are really losing Michigan by double digits, just, give Joe Biden the keys to 1600 Penn already.

Let’s be charitable here to the GOP and say a double digit lead means that Biden is up by 10% in Michigan. That would mean Biden is outrunning Hillary Clinton by 10.2% compared to 2016, and would represent a national environment of something like 12.5%. Such a swing – and remember, we’re taking the low end of what the swing could be based on the description of this polling – would be big enough to see Joe Biden pull off the landslide Optimus foresaw this week, and which I wrote up on Friday. In short, it’s a nightmare for the GOP, and they’d be lucky to get 150 Electoral College votes.

Now, because I can already hear the obvious notes here, it is true that Michigan is not the country. Maybe there’s a more concentrated swing in the Rust Belt than the Sun Belt, so Texas wouldn’t flip. Maybe that’s correct – but while it may spare Trump and the GOP from the sheer volume of a disaster, it would just mean that the upper Midwest is moving against Trump more than the nation at large, and that the states that got Trump over the line – Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Iowa – will therefore be swinging back to Democrats as more than the nation at large. In other words, neither is a good answer for the GOP, and both end with humiliating losses and probable Democratic control of the executive and both Chambers of Congress.

The thing is, even without all of that extrapolation, this is still a disaster for the GOP. Even if we accept this is a made in Michigan disaster for the GOP, and that the rest of the polling conducted isn’t in alignment with the general sense of it, this should take Michigan off the board. And doing that would help the Democrats immensely. Imagine what the DSCC could do with the money they have presumably been setting aside for Gary Peters if suddenly they don’t have to spend it there? Imagine what a boost that could be to Montana or Kansas, or Iowa even. Same with the top of the ticket – if Biden doesn’t have to spend resources there like we would have thought – both in money and time – that’s resources he gets to spend in other places. It’s trips to Pennsylvania and Wisconsin instead, or time that VP candidate Harris or Duckworth can spend getting the vote out down south.

No matter how you slice this Times nugget, it’s a disaster for the GOP. It’s yet another data point to suggest the Republicans are in a bad place right now, and seemingly getting worse, day in day out. If they can’t get out of this fast, then this will continue to be uncompetitive. The GOP still have time to turn it around, but, I’ve been saying that for 6 weeks and the hits keep on coming. Eventually, they either have to get off the mat or they’ll have taken one too many punches.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I wasn’t going to vote for Joe Biden. Not a fan at all. After this COVID-19 situation I can’t in good faith not vote for whatever candidate has the best shot at beating Trump.

This isn’t a vote for Biden as much as it’s a vote to remove Trump from office.

People fukking died because this moron couldn’t get his shyt together and manage the country. They’re still dying. I feel like to not vote for Joe is to say that what just happened is fine with you.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wasn’t going to vote for Joe Biden. Not a fan at all. After this COVID-19 situation I can’t in good faith not vote for whatever candidate has the best shot at beating Trump.

This isn’t a vote for Biden as much as it’s a vote to remove Trump from office.

People fukking died because this moron couldn’t get his shyt together and manage the country. They’re still dying. I feel like to not vote for Joe is to say that what just happened is fine with you.
i dont think joe biden is a particularly good person, or gonna bring radical change. its not really about that

imagine in the future saying "i didnt vote out trump in 2020, i just stayed home " :scusthov:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Michigan: Out Of The GOP’s Reach

by Evan Scrimshaw | Apr 19, 2020 | Uncategorized | 0 comments

With fresh reporting out of the Grey Lady, it’s clear that the Trump campaign is seeing the same things out of Michigan as LeanTossup. From the New York Times write up: “More ominous for the president are some private Republican surveys that show him losing ground in key states like Michigan, where one recent poll has him losing by double digits, according to a Republican strategist who has seen it.” (For the record, LeanTossup? Biden +8.1%.)

I’ll get to the whole point about what it means for the electoral map in a second, but the fact that this is leaking is hilarious. “Hey, this poll has us absolutely fukked, what should we do with it?” “I dunno, give it to the Times,” is one hell of a thought process, not gonna lie. A thought process I am a fan of, admittedly, but still. Anyways, if the GOP are really losing Michigan by double digits, just, give Joe Biden the keys to 1600 Penn already.

Let’s be charitable here to the GOP and say a double digit lead means that Biden is up by 10% in Michigan. That would mean Biden is outrunning Hillary Clinton by 10.2% compared to 2016, and would represent a national environment of something like 12.5%. Such a swing – and remember, we’re taking the low end of what the swing could be based on the description of this polling – would be big enough to see Joe Biden pull off the landslide Optimus foresaw this week, and which I wrote up on Friday. In short, it’s a nightmare for the GOP, and they’d be lucky to get 150 Electoral College votes.

Now, because I can already hear the obvious notes here, it is true that Michigan is not the country. Maybe there’s a more concentrated swing in the Rust Belt than the Sun Belt, so Texas wouldn’t flip. Maybe that’s correct – but while it may spare Trump and the GOP from the sheer volume of a disaster, it would just mean that the upper Midwest is moving against Trump more than the nation at large, and that the states that got Trump over the line – Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Iowa – will therefore be swinging back to Democrats as more than the nation at large. In other words, neither is a good answer for the GOP, and both end with humiliating losses and probable Democratic control of the executive and both Chambers of Congress.

The thing is, even without all of that extrapolation, this is still a disaster for the GOP. Even if we accept this is a made in Michigan disaster for the GOP, and that the rest of the polling conducted isn’t in alignment with the general sense of it, this should take Michigan off the board. And doing that would help the Democrats immensely. Imagine what the DSCC could do with the money they have presumably been setting aside for Gary Peters if suddenly they don’t have to spend it there? Imagine what a boost that could be to Montana or Kansas, or Iowa even. Same with the top of the ticket – if Biden doesn’t have to spend resources there like we would have thought – both in money and time – that’s resources he gets to spend in other places. It’s trips to Pennsylvania and Wisconsin instead, or time that VP candidate Harris or Duckworth can spend getting the vote out down south.

No matter how you slice this Times nugget, it’s a disaster for the GOP. It’s yet another data point to suggest the Republicans are in a bad place right now, and seemingly getting worse, day in day out. If they can’t get out of this fast, then this will continue to be uncompetitive. The GOP still have time to turn it around, but, I’ve been saying that for 6 weeks and the hits keep on coming. Eventually, they either have to get off the mat or they’ll have taken one too many punches.

And the thing is, people are ready to cast early ballots and have the "sledgehammer on ants" mentality against Trump. No one is listen to polls anymore and literally putting their lives on the line, to go vote in Nov. No one on the Dems side are taking things lightly this time around.....