Official Better Call Saul Season 5 Thread

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I may be off with this comment but they’re basically telling the same story as BB. The parallels between Walt and Jimmy are uncanny yet it doesn’t feel similar whatsoever, if that makes any sense.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That makes no sense . Some people aren’t meant to rise above their level. Walt was smarter than Mike and wanted to be king. Gus wanted to be king and killed the cartel, he could have played his position but didn’t. Gus and Walt are the same Mike is Jesse level.
I meant Walt’s intentions at the beginning were the same as Mike’s in that speech he gave Jimmy. He wanted to leave his family financially secure, he started out with the best of intentions but being king poisoned him.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I may be off with this comment but they’re basically telling the same story as BB. The parallels between Walt and Jimmy are uncanny yet it doesn’t feel similar whatsoever, if that makes any sense.

Well, the story itself isn't new. "Macbeth" is more or less the same thing as any anti-hero story we've gotten during the Golden Age of TV.

The major difference between "BB" and "BCS" is Walt was content to be a villain and Saul obviously isn't.

Season 5, episode 8 of "BCS" and Saul is tentatively embracing who he is.

Season 5, episode 8 of "Breaking Bad" Walt ordered 10 men killed in prison.

Fred.

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How could he not foresee holes being worn through the bags? :francis: In reality he wouldn't have made it more than 100 yards before money was leaking out.
A few things bugged me about this episode especially since they usually get all the little details right.
How much would $7 million dollars in bills actually weigh. Gotta be at the least 120lbs and no way an average man is carrying that more than a few 100 yards in the desert. Even a fit in shape person would struggle.

Also Mike as this great tactician should of had the idea to shoot the driver by using Saul as bait.

Normally I have no idea how these guys are going to get out of it but i thought that's exactly what was going to going to happen the first time the truck came back looking for them.

Lastly why was Saul's dumbass walking along the road with his back to the truck, off course the guy was gonna try hit him. I believe Mike shot the tyre out on purpose to save Saul. If he had killed the driver the truck woulda rolled right into Saul :francis:.
Better plan would have been for Saul to be near a rock or boulder, walk towards the car and when he sees the driver notices him act like he's panicing, drop the bags and run for cover. Driver has to stop to pick up the bags.

Just a few things but otherwise an awesome episode

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
A few things bugged me about this episode especially since they usually get all the little details right.
How much would $7 million dollars in bills actually weigh. Gotta be at the least 120lbs and no way an average man is carrying that more than a few 100 yards in the desert. Even a fit in shape person would struggle.

Also Mike as this great tactician should of had the idea to shoot the driver by using Saul as bait.

Normally I have no idea how these guys are going to get out of it but i thought that's exactly what was going to going to happen the first time the truck came back looking for them.

Lastly why was Saul's dumbass walking along the road with his back to the truck, off course the guy was gonna try hit him. I believe Mike shot the tyre out on purpose to save Saul. If he had killed the driver the truck woulda rolled right into Saul :francis:.
Better plan would have been for Saul to be near a rock or boulder, walk towards the car and when he sees the driver notices him act like he's panicing, drop the bags and run for cover. Driver has to stop to pick up the bags.

Just a few things but otherwise an awesome episode

They actually weighed out how much $7 mill would be. :dead:

Better Call Saul’s Vince Gilligan Directs His Most Challenging Episode – Variety

I wanted Bob to be method and drink his own pee. He’s pretty method, but he drew the line at that. But yeah, those, those prop bags of money would weigh 150 pounds. Mark Hanson, our prop master, figured out that each bag would weigh 75 pounds for a total of 150, if they were real. That’s how much $7 million in hundreds actually weighs, believe it or not.

They did reduce the weight slightly as they were shooting in 100+ degree weather every day.

I don't think Mike is good enough to shoot a driver from that range on a moving target, going 65 mph (what the stunt driver was actually doing).

I don't think most snipers on the planet could do that. I think he just made whatever shot was available to him at the time. Jimmy is dumb for walking away from the car but I'll chalk that up to him being delirious at that point.

Fred.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
Yea I think that if you have this as a top episode you probably like BB more than BCS. I'm still on the fence which show I like better. Right now BCS has a slight edge cause Jimmy's (and Mike's) journey from season 1 is so astonishing.

I'm not gonna lie, I think I actually enjoy BCS even more than BB.. The reason I have a problem with it is I consider BB to be one of the greatest tv series ever lol

Mike and Gus were my favorite characters from BB though so seeing so much of Mike is likely the reason.. I love Kim's character too though..

Gus is actually more of a villian in this series than he was in BB though. In BB having him pitted against Walt actually made you understand where he was coming from. In BCS, Gus is just plain cold blooded lol

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gus is actually more of a villian in this series than he was in BB though. In BB having him pitted against Walt actually made you understand where he was coming from. In BCS, Gus is just plain cold blooded lol
Imagine being Gus, doing all this shyt to get the cartel off your back, you get rid of them for the most part, you're King. And then it all goes to shyt because your cook has a giant fukking ego and wants to play daddy for his junkie assistant.

:francis:

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
Wrong. You seem to forget that Saul used a different lawyer to launder his money and he threatened to beat Saul to death find Jesse. He hates Saul.
That's why I said he doesn't hate him..it's more of a annoyance for him. But Walt? He despised everything about him. Mike was :hhh::scust: every time they was in proximity.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
Imagine being Gus, doing all this shyt to get the cartel off your back, you get rid of them for the most part, you're King. And then it all goes to shyt because your cook has a giant fukking ego and wants to play daddy for his junkie assistant.

:francis:
He was king for what, a month?:russ:

Should have killed Walt in the desert after they killed his dealers. Half measures:leostare:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why I said he doesn't hate him..it's more of a annoyance for him. But Walt? He despised everything about him. Mike was :hhh::scust: every time they was in proximity.
Got sad when Mike was telling Saul he does what he does to make sure his family is set, doesn't matter if he lives or dies, if his family is set, he's good.

Then thinking about Walt fukking that all up.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got sad when Mike was telling Saul he does what he does to make sure his family is set, doesn't matter if he lives or dies, if his family is set, he's good.

Then thinking about Walt fukking that all up.
Can’t put all the blame on Walt, Mike got his cash confiscated twice