Official Better Call Saul Season 5 Thread

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I may be off with this comment but they’re basically telling the same story as BB. The parallels between Walt and Jimmy are uncanny yet it doesn’t feel similar whatsoever, if that makes any sense.

There are parallels but not the same story. For starters, with BB, we did not know how it would going to end. With BCS, we know exactly how it would end, we just don't know the journey leading to it. The other fact is that with BB, the show was about change. It was watching the manifestation of someone who is an average American father transform himself into a violent notorious villain. Whereas with BCS, the show is about some people can never change even if they tried. Jimmy always been who he is. He always was Slippin' Jimmy or Saul lowkey. He always been a conman and a swindler. This is who he is the entire time, what is happening is Jimmy fully accepting who he is and not pretend to be who he is not.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I meant Walt’s intentions at the beginning were the same as Mike’s in that speech he gave Jimmy. He wanted to leave his family financially secure, he started out with the best of intentions but being king poisoned him.

The difference is that Walt was lying to HIMSELF. He conceded that in the finale when he called Skylar that his intentions were all for him. Mike, on the other hand was content with his fate. It was a large part of the reason why mike HATED Walt and lashed out before Walt killed him about how they had a great thing going until Walt messed it up going to war with Gus.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know how long the bail system takes:yeshrug:Fortunately.

No, what I mean is that Jimmy said he was going to be back home before SHE did. Saul never made it home. So that next day she went to confront Lalo. It wasn't the case of whether he made bail or not, but the fact Jimmy never made it home which mean she knew the money didn't make it. That's why she came in with the demands of informing her what location Saul was.

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
What if Lalo tries to blow up gus like Walt did:ohhh:

he already blew up One of his chicken spots :lolbron:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
uyqkiycb9fr41.jpg

Gilligan showing his nuts on screen. The imagery in this episode was so nice and calmly, especial those late night shots.

Was there a dead body down in that well? Even after rewinding it I wasn't sure what I was looking at.

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just read this somewhere
It’s a credit to episode director Vince Gilligan that he’s able to create a sense of tension even though fans know Mike and Jimmy will definitely survive their desert trek
Brehs this is so true. I actually got lost in the scene and thought Saul was gonna get shot dead when the gun was pointing at him and definitely thought there's no way they'll survive the desert trek :russ:.

1 little thing tho, i can't stop noticing that Mike's gotten :flabbynsick: to the point i start thinking which scenes they're using body doubles like where you see him walking from the back etc.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
They actually weighed out how much $7 mill would be. :dead:

Better Call Saul’s Vince Gilligan Directs His Most Challenging Episode – Variety

They did reduce the weight slightly as they were shooting in 100+ degree weather every day.

I don't think Mike is good enough to shoot a driver from that range on a moving target, going 65 mph(what the stunt driver was actually doing).

I don't think most snipers on the planet could do that. I think he just made whatever shot was available to him at the time. Jimmy is dumb for walking away from the car but I'll chalk that up to him being delirious at that point.

Fred.

posters want Bob to kill himself carrying around a realistic amount of fake money in a real hot desert :mjtf:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I wouldn't be surprised if the Mexican guy from the garage who made the call to set up the heist ends up with his head on a tortoise.

The Salamancas can very well figure out it was him (highly doubtful they will devote any screentime to this though).

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
I wouldn't be surprised if the Mexican guy from the garage who made the call to set up the heist ends up with his head on a tortoise.

The Salamancas can very well figure out it was him (highly doubtful they will devote any screentime to this though).
As much as I want some Twins action I don't think I'll happen because they might not even find out about the heist attempt.

Saul will have to lie about the lost time because he can't tell Lalo about it, be credible enough and leave Mike outside of it. If this was Jesse, maybe a "see they tried to rob me, but the Sun melted their pistols and I managed to run away" would've worked.

He'll say he had car trouble most likely.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Just read this somewhere

Brehs this is so true. I actually got lost in the scene and thought Saul was gonna get shot dead when the gun was pointing at him and definitely thought there's no way they'll survive the desert trek :russ:.

1 little thing tho, i can't stop noticing that Mike's gotten :flabbynsick: to the point i start thinking which scenes they're using body doubles like where you see him walking from the back etc.

73 year old Mike playing a 50 year old :heh:

Gus is starting to show his age too

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as I know they're not using body doubles for Mike. If you watch the "making of" video for this ep he's really out there in 100+ degree weather.

But yeah....he's old as fukk. They need to wrap season 6 up ASAP.

Fred.