Official Better Call Saul Season 5 Thread

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have. What's your point here

paraphrasing, but basically...
  • hector (and by extension, the salamanca's) have had beef with gus damn-near since he joined the cartel. first he was a joke to hector, a lackey from too far south of mexico to be trusted. it's made clear hector never wanted him to be a part of the cartel. but then as gus grew in power, their resentment grew. they've never fukked with him. and they've never trusted him.
  • the important thing to note is that they're right not to trust him, even if hector is to blame for why they cant trust him.
  • they know gus is up to SOMETHING that he doesnt want the cartel to know about (building the meth super lab). aka... they know gus is moving to consolidate power in a way that could eventually upend the cartel... which is proven to be correct multiple times in BB, ultimately leading to gus taking down the cartel.
  • but at this point in BCS, they dont know what he's doing. they only have clues.
  • since they dont have proof, they cant openly take gus down, because the cartel would never ok it. so they're sabotaging him behind the scenes to basically make the price of doing business with him so costly that the cartel decides to cut him out (and then they can cut him into pieces).
  • on the flip side, gus cant just off lalo because the cartel wouldnt ok that either, and he's not powerful enough yet to take them down. which is why he set lalo up to be arrested instead, and ok'd nacho to burn down the los pollos hermanos.
basically lalo and gus are playing a long-ass game of chess. gus wants to take down the cartel, and lalo wants to take down gus.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
paraphrasing, but basically...
  • hector (and by extension, the salamanca's) have had beef with gus damn-near since he joined the cartel. first he was a joke to hector, a lackey from too far south of mexico to be trusted. it's made clear hector never wanted him to be a part of the cartel. but then as gus grew in power, their resentment grew. they've never fukked with him. and they've never trusted him.
  • the important thing to note is that they're right not to trust him, even if hector is to blame for why they cant trust him.
  • they know gus is up to SOMETHING that he doesnt want the cartel to know about (building the meth super lab). aka... they know gus is moving to consolidate power in a way that could eventually upend the cartel... which is proven to be correct multiple times in BB, ultimately leading to gus taking down the cartel.
  • but at this point in BCS, they dont know what he's doing. they only have clues.
  • since they dont have proof, they cant openly take gus down, because the cartel would never ok it. so they're sabotaging him behind the scenes to basically make the price of doing business with him so costly that the cartel decides to cut him out (and then they can cut him into pieces).
  • on the flip side, gus cant just off lalo because the cartel wouldnt ok that either, and he's not powerful enough yet to take them down. which is why he set lalo up to be arrested instead, and ok'd nacho to burn down the los pollos hermanos.
basically lalo and gus are playing a long-ass game of chess. gus wants to take down the cartel, and lalo wants to take down gus.
I know all this. Lalo's sabotage of Gus was too overt is what I was getting at. All his actions were brash and obvious, to the point that their middleman tried to keep him in jail when he put that hit out on his bail money.
It's bad for business for him to sabotage Gus and Don Eladio would've been angered if they told him.

Daps
I know all this. Lalo's sabotage of Gus was too overt is what I was getting at. All his actions were brash and obvious, to the point that their middleman tried to keep him in jail when he put that hit out on his bail money.
It's bad for business for him to sabotage Gus and Don Eladio would've been angered if they told him.

It is bad business, but I think Eladio might hold Lalo in higher esteem than Bolsa. We saw when Lalo met with Eladio he was low-key sonning Bolsa and winning the Don's favour.

Eladio might have been pissed that Lalo was fcking with Gus, but I'd argue he'd be MORE pissed if he knew Bolsa tried to keep Lalo locked up.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Started tearing through seasons a few weeks back, finally reached and finished S5 :wow:

It makes no sense how a world with 5 full seasons of Breaking Bad + the El Camino movie + now 5 full seasons of BCS can introduce a character like Lalo this late in the game and still hit such a home run. shyt's beyond a flex :mjlol:

Watching cookie cutter Kim Wexler transform into Slippin Kimmy is wild, even Jimmy had to hit the :picard:

Season 6 is about to be crazy, whole lot of heartbreak on deck :mjcry:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So im on season one episode 7

does it get better?? Some scenes are good n some scenes i find boring
it depends on what you find boring.

there still is A LOT of jimmy/kim/jimmy's brother shyt. if you really find it that boring then it might not be for you.

as the seasons go on though there is more and more of the gus/mike drug cartel shyt, the last season was like 50/50 between jimmy and mike storylines and they bleed into eachother.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
So im on season one episode 7

does it get better?? Some scenes are good n some scenes i find boring
It gets better. The pace is the same as breaking bad's. Lots of character development. It is worth getting through the "boring" episodes as they will make more sense once you get to the suspense filled ones