Official Better Call Saul Season 5 Thread

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
anybody know why a bunch of these recorded on my DVR today? they listed as "new" and bonus editions. any idea what's different?

just the last two episodes are different?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing bothers me, if fring wanted lalo dead why not go it while he and nacho drive to Mexico

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One thing bothers me, if fring wanted lalo dead why not go it while he and nacho drive to Mexico

they were off the grid...if I’m remembering correctly someone was supposed to pick lalo up (that’s when he would’ve been killed originally) before he sensed shyt wasn’t right with saul’s story and went back to see him...after that he “disappeared” with nacho driving...nacho really had no idea where they were driving/headed to and even if he did how was he gonna get word to fring from the car?

it wasn’t til they got inside lalo’s little “fortress” that he had time to contact fring and let him know where they were when he called him from the bathroom

maybe fring could’ve assumed lalo and nacho were headed there but that doesn’t seem to be fring’s style to act/move on just hunches...he needs cold facts

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Seeing the thread upped I'm :scust:remembering how trash that hit squad was.
Gus must've got em from Budget Rent-A-Goon.:francis:

Murk the whole house except your primary target, brehs.

Fred.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Fred.
shoulda got the goons from 1940s Batman. (i was readin that thread again today:russ:)

• Dap

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.
He should of brought a whole platoon

• Dap

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He should of brought a whole platoon

He should've just sent in Mike.

Well, "BB" era Mike. At the current point in "BCS" Mike ain't really a hit man yet. But Mike would've killed everyone in the house including Lalo except the old people. And bounced before anybody even knew what was going on.

Fred.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Just binged all 5 seasons. Definitely a slooow burn, but it ended up being pretty good. I almost didn't make it through the first season.

Jimmy's storyline is actually the most boring to me. Only so many times I can watch him talk his sh*t and swindle people. The criminal storylines with Nacho, Gus, Mike, Don Hector, Lalo are good. Lalo is probably my favorite character.

One thing I didn't like though, was realizing Walter was involved in the death of all these characters--Tuco, Gus, Don Hector, Nacho's right hand man, Gus's goons, and worst of all, Mike. Mike was too smart, too tough, and too experienced to let bum ass Walter White get the drop on him and kill him with his own gun... smfh.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Just binged the first 4 seasons in two weeks on Netflix. It's definitely a slow burn with quite a few weak season finales. I have no idea how yall stayed with this in real time.

That being said, it's a good show. Tried to fire up season 5 on demand but apparently I gotta buy some AMC Premiere shyt so looks like I'm going to have to watch it via other methods. :mjlit:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I'm only on episode 5 but how tf does Saul have time for all these hijinks when he has 57 clients + court all day, and the cartel having him run all day side missions? :mindblown:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Aight I binged all 5 seasons in the past few weeks so everything is fresh to me.

Here are my thoughts:
  • They need to wrap this series up. Is it just one more season? All the actors are gettin old and I think it's ready for a conclusion.
  • I don't feel sorry for Kim. I know that's an unpopular opinion but she's made some really DUMB decisions in support of Saul. She's throwing away her career and everything. On the low, she's more fukked up than Saul. At least he's confident in who he is.
  • Is a $7M bail something that would happen in real life? Can they really count it in the precinct like that? shyt had me :lupe:
  • I figured they wouldn't have Lalo die this episode. That was a sloppy assassination attempt. WTF was their plan if Nacho wasn't there? "These are the best men money can buy." :usure: you sure Gus?
  • I like Howard. He aint do nothin to nobody. :manny:
  • I waiting on Mike to stop questioning Fring and become a loyal soldier. I thought it happened already but he's questioning him about Nacho. We never saw that side of Mike in BB.

That's all. Now it's time to read this long ass thread.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Aight I binged all 5 seasons in the past few weeks so everything is fresh to me.

• I don't feel sorry for Kim. I know that's an unpopular opinion but she's made some really DUMB decisions in support of Saul. She's throwing away her career and everything. On the low, she's more fukked up than Saul. At least he's confident in who he is.
I can still feel sorry for her and acknowledge that she's the one "breaking bad" on this show. Saul is who he is. (In fact I think he will somehow redeem himself as Gene).

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can still feel sorry for her and acknowledge that she's the one "breaking bad" on this show. Saul is who he is. (In fact I think he will somehow redeem himself as Gene).

She’s smarter then Saul but lacks his moral compass.

yea I just said that, her fall will legendary