Official Better Call Saul Season 5 Thread

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
Can someone breakdown the scene where jimmy gets ambushed in the desert by a cartel. What cartel was that and who was responsible for it? I saw the dude in the warehouse make a call when the psycho brothers picked up the money.

MrFirst2doit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think Kim's gonna get killed. You see how Jimmy was like "I dont know how I could go on if something happened to her" to Mike. He seems relatively happy & productive in Breaking Bad. Not acting like the love of his life got killed. If anything they get divorced...but I think the Jury is still out on that. Only thing I expect is for her to somehow get disbarred for fukkin wit Howard

I don't get how everybody thinks she will die, she is from Nebraska from that flashback and that's where Gene is now...... She obviously will show up in the Gene timeline , maybe defending him when he gets caught... No way that's a coincidence

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I never bought Nacho as a gangster. Step up from Jesse Pinkman though :mjlol:

I think that's the point of his character. Everybody in that world aint super hard or ruthless. Nacho a smart cat, who's not about that 9-5 square life.

He's more of a hustler. He don't have an appetite for gangsta shyt, he just wants to get money. But he does what he has to do when the pressure is on.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think that's the point of his character. Everybody in that world aint super hard or ruthless. Nacho a smart cat, who's not about that 9-5 square life.

He's more of a hustler. He don't have an appetite for gangsta shyt, he just wants to get money. But he does what he has to do when the pressure is on.

Yep. In season 3 he was gonna let Krazy 8 slide for coming up short until Hector said something.
He's not a gangster and doesn't enjoy the drama or violence. Unfortunately that's pretty much all that's been happening around him the last 2 seasons. :mjcry:

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Can someone breakdown the scene where jimmy gets ambushed in the desert by a cartel. What cartel was that and who was responsible for it? I saw the dude in the warehouse make a call when the psycho brothers picked up the money.

I see people already answered you but I'll give you a longer answer....

Gus is a better earner than the Salamancas.

Lalo started fukking with Gus (getting his dealers jammed up, burning down his restaurant, etc.) to make him fall out of favor with Don Eladio and the cartel.

Bolsa, realizing Lalo is fukking up Gus's operation and costing the cartel money, hired goons to steal his bail money so he couldn't get out.

Gus/Mike wanted Lalo out of jail so they could later kill him. So Mike killed the goons Bolsa hired.

So Bolsa couldn't reveal it was him that sent the goons, and Gus couldn't reveal it was Mike that killed the goons.

Fred.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
"It's what Bolsa has brought me from Fring...."

"Excellente"

Elaido: "eso crees?"

"Claro que si"

Eladio just humiliates Bolsa in these scenes, over and over

Those scenes at the rancho made me want to be in Mexico now

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
I see people already answered you but I'll give you a longer answer....

Gus is a better earner than the Salamancas.

Lalo started fukking with Gus (getting his dealers jammed up, burning down his restaurant, etc.) to make him fall out of favor with Don Eladio and the cartel.

Bolsa, realizing Lalo is fukking up Gus's operation and costing the cartel money, hired goons to steal his bail money so he couldn't get out.

Gus/Mike wanted Lalo out of jail so they could later kill him. So Mike killed the goons Bolsa hired.

So Bolsa couldn't reveal it was him that sent the goons, and Gus couldn't reveal it was Mike that killed the goons.

Fred.
Good looking :salute:..parts of the show are kind of blurry because I watched breaking bad a while ago and dont remember.

• Dap
Reactions: hex