Essential Official Beauty Thread

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Anybody know what I should do with these dark spots from old bumps? My skin is getting clearer from using black soap but these stubborn dark spots are whats left.

I tried incorporating tea tree oil but that burned me in a couple spots, maybe I should dilute it. Somebody mentioned something with glycolic acid. Any help is appreciated ladies:mjcry:

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Anybody know what I should do with these dark spots from old bumps? My skin is getting clearer from using black soap but these stubborn dark spots are whats left.

I tried incorporating tea tree oil but that burned me in a couple spots, maybe I should dilute it. Somebody mentioned something with glycolic acid. Any help is appreciated ladies:mjcry:
Yeah a glycolic acid peel is okay but supposedly a Mandelic peel is the best out there for dark skin (that's if you're dark of course).
Raw potatoes is good for dark marks, salicylic acid, making sure you exfoliate, lemon juice and honey. And even tho you are black you gotta make sure you use sunscreen or a moisturizer that has it in it. There's a bunch of remedies but you have to have patience. There are also vitamins that you can take that generates faster cell turner over. How could I forget, vitamins c serum is really good for brightening the complexion and it's something you can make yourself at home.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Yeah a glycolic acid peel is okay but supposedly a Mandelic peel is the best out there for dark skin (that's if you're dark of course).
Raw potatoes is good for dark marks, salicylic acid, making sure you exfoliate, lemon juice and honey. And even tho you are black you gotta make sure you use sunscreen or a moisturizer that has it in it. There's a bunch of remedies but you have to have patience. There are also vitamins that you can take that generates faster cell turner over. How could I forget, vitamins c serum is really good for brightening the complexion and it's something you can make yourself at home.

Currently using, I dont know if its working though:yeshrug:
I dont peel, but then again its meant to be real gentle.
Some have had a lot of success with it though.

Im tryna shift my Melasma.
I should've started this in the winter, maybe it'd be gone by now, its coming up to Summer

Last edited:

MoonGoddess

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Currently using, I dont know if its working though:yeshrug:
I dont peel, but then again its meant to be real gentle.
Some have had a lot of success with it though.

Im tryna shift my Melasma.
I should've started this in the winter, maybe it'd be gone by now, its coming up to Summer
How long have you been using it for? You dont see any change at all?
I haven't tried myself but i bought it for my nephew.

Krazy

Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
How long have you been using it for? You dont see any change at all?
I haven't tried myself but i bought it for my nephew.
Erm probably maybe a month
I personally dont see much change, aside from less spots maybe.

I should've took pics before I started and compared but when I run out I may try a different brand and a higher strength.

Maybe there is a difference but Im not noticing:yeshrug:

MoonGoddess

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Erm probably maybe a month
I personally dont see much change, aside from less spots maybe.

I should've took pics before I started and compared but when I run out I may try a different brand and a higher strength.

Maybe there is a difference but Im not noticing:yeshrug:
True. Where did you get from?
I got mine from Make Up Artist Choice and they have some pretty convincing testimonials.
Tell you the truth i only learned about it a couple of weeks ago on my search to help my nephew get clear skin.

Krazy

Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
True. Where did you get from?
I got mine from Make Up Artist Choice and they have some pretty convincing testimonials.
Tell you the truth i only learned about it a couple of weeks ago on my search to help my nephew get clear skin.
Mines a "Novopeels" brand
Im in the UK we dont really have places like MakeUpArtistChoice and I read its like $30 to ship:pacspit:
Although I've seen other brands online in the UK im gonna try and see how they are, who claim to be "industrial formulation chemist"

I had heard about Mandelic Acid for a while and chemical peels in general but was always put off doing it, finally took the plunge with Mandelic Acid, started with a Serum took a break then jumped back on it with a peel.

I need to invest in some sun screen too especially since its summer and the peels make your skin more sensitive to sunlight:shaq2:

MoonGoddess

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Mines a "Novopeels" brand
Im in the UK we dont really have places like MakeUpArtistChoice and I read its like $30 to ship:pacspit:
Although I've seen other brands online in the UK im gonna try and see how they are, who claim to be "industrial formulation chemist"

I had heard about Mandelic Acid for a while and chemical peels in general but was always put off doing it, finally took the plunge with Mandelic Acid, started with a Serum took a break then jumped back on it with a peel.

I need to invest in some sun screen too especially since its summer and the peels make your skin more sensitive to sunlight:shaq2:
Damn lol. Well i just checked on amazon and they have a 40% lactic acid peel and a triple enzyme peel. I suppose you could check to see how much the shipping is from there but im not sure the lactic is that great for black skin. Yep sun screen is so important but a lot of us think that we dont need it. Anyways good luck on your journey to clear skin. If you have any questions just holla at me, im no professional but i take skin care very seriously.

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

I visited the website and those testimonials are pretty convincing. How did that MUAC mandelic peel work for your nephew?

I think im going to get the 25% one, but does it matter that I shave every 2 days? And if I do use it, will my unrefined shea butter be enough to moisturize my face after the wash?:lupe:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

If you getting burned from fukking tea tree don't dare try a acid peel lol. Tea tree is an essental oil and meant to be benign as possible. so if that burns....

use this

http://www.aveda.com/products/5234/Collections/EnbrightenmentTM/index.tmpl

I struggled with hyperpigmentation too and this shyt is amazing. Also if you can swallow your masculine pill or w/e go to an aveda salon and ask for a plant peel. equal to a 30% glycolic peel but plant based so reduced irritation.

good luck brother

MoonGoddess

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
I visited the website and those testimonials are pretty convincing. How did that MUAC mandelic peel work for your nephew?

I think im going to get the 25% one, but does it matter that I shave every 2 days? And if I do use it, will my unrefined shea butter be enough to moisturize my face after the wash?:lupe:
I havent used it on him yet. Ill let you know when i do tho it im sure we have to try it a few times to get results. As for the shaving im pretty sure that you should wait at least 2 days after. Im not 100% sure since im not a man but those are the instructions i got online so that i can be prepared to do it for my nephew.
After a peel it is imperative that you use sunscreen or lotion with sunscreen in it. Your face will be very sensitive to the sun. shea butter is non-comedogenic so i think it will be fine to use. But i have to stress again on using sunscreen.
But everyones face is different, i made a lot of mistakes on my face so i try to avoid making the same on his. Theres tons of info online, im not a doctor lol, i just do what works for me. You could always email those MUAC staff and they'll probably give you more thorough advice and instructions.
Good luck. I'll get back at you after i perform the peel for my nephew, he'a been sick so im waiting on him to feel better.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I havent used it on him yet. Ill let you know when i do tho it im sure we have to try it a few times to get results. As for the shaving im pretty sure that you should wait at least 2 days after. Im not 100% sure since im not a man but those are the instructions i got online so that i can be prepared to do it for my nephew.
After a peel it is imperative that you use sunscreen or lotion with sunscreen in it. Your face will be very sensitive to the sun. shea butter is non-comedogenic so i think it will be fine to use. But i have to stress again on using sunscreen.
But everyones face is different, i made a lot of mistakes on my face so i try to avoid making the same on his. Theres tons of info online, im not a doctor lol, i just do what works for me. You could always email those MUAC staff and they'll probably give you more thorough advice and instructions.
Good luck. I'll get back at you after i perform the peel for my nephew, he'a been sick so im waiting on him to feel better.

you doing a glycolic peel for your nephew :mjcry: ???

MoonGoddess

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
you doing a glycolic peel for your nephew :mjcry: ???
Lol a mandelic peel. He had real bad cystic acne and with the help of essential oils we were able to heel the bumps and smoothen out the scars. Now we're working on the marks left behind. He's insecure about it you know? And it hurts me when he says certain things about hisself so Auntie D gotta do what she gotta do:mjcry:.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Lol a mandelic peel. He had real bad cystic acne and with the help of essential oils we were able to heel the bumps and smoothen out the scars. Now we're working on the marks left behind. He's insecure about it you know? And it hurts me when he says certain things about hisself so Auntie D gotta do what she gotta do:mjcry:.

if you getting them peels done have a licensed esthetician do it. You don't want to mess up young breh skin further :mjcry:

I'm not too well versed in this mandelic peel tho but i'm intrigued :patrice: cuz working for aveda I just use all their shyt :takedat: but I'm always open to learning new safe products.