Essential Official Beauty Thread

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I been on that black soap and shea regiment for 3 weeks. My skin feels smooth but I keep getting ingrown hairs from shaving and it leads to spot breakouts. I use my clippers to cut my beard and I dont know if thats the problem

Edit: then again, I know yall dont shave:lupe:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I been on that black soap and shea regiment for 3 weeks. My skin feels smooth but I keep getting ingrown hairs from shaving and it leads to spot breakouts. I use my clippers to cut my beard and I dont know if thats the problem

get some tea tree oil or a hydrating lotion. its actually called folliculitis. Whats happening is the constant abrasion from that shave is causing bacteria to be trapped in the skin. Small pieces of hair can be trapped as well worsening the problem. Just make sure either not shave as close, or to use an antibacterial thoroughly and you should be fine.

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
get some tea tree oil or a hydrating lotion. its actually called folliculitis. Whats happening is the constant abrasion from that shave is causing bacteria to be trapped in the skin. Small pieces of hair can be trapped as well worsening the problem. Just make sure either not shave as close, or to use an antibacterial thoroughly and you should be fine.

Ok I kept hearing about tea tree oil and jojoba, but ima try that tea tree oil first. Should I mix it with my shea butter?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Ok I kept hearing about tea tree oil and jojoba, but ima try that tea tree oil first. Should I mix it with my shea butter?

I would try the tea tree first since its definitely a fix to that issue most of the time. You don't want to overload your skin with too much shyt at once other wise it throws it off balance and worsens it.

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.

Get a lotion or face wash with salicylic acid, aslo try doing a peel with glycolic acid.
what kind of blade are you using and whats your hair texture?
Oh also try to steam and condition your hair before you shave. soften those strands up.

MoonGoddess

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
I just like the idea of having a perfectly smooth face and looking in the mirror like :smugfavre: the most I wear is CC cream though. If I cared what a nikka thought I wouldn't be on the train to work at 7:00 in the morning looking a hot ass mess with bags and dark circles like I do 90% of the time.

I got two trunks of makeup though that I ain't even touch. :mjcry: I got a problem. :mjcry:
Story of my life. I have a many beauty supply shop in my house along with a pharmacy and a vitamin shop lol.
I usually end up giving it all away and starting over. i told myself I was gonna use em but its already april and the most ive done is lip gloss and mascara.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Those products are really good for slick back buns especially the Coconut/Hibiscus Shine Mist and the Gel.

Yea, I use the gel like that, its too gellie (?) for me to use as anything else.

OAN I actually took time and did my make up yesterday and was pleased :leon: I still can't find the I was trying but I really am going to have to go on target.com

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Get a lotion or face wash with salicylic acid, aslo try doing a peel with glycolic acid.
what kind of blade are you using and whats your hair texture?
Oh also try to steam and condition your hair before you shave. soften those strands up.

I use my andis outliner clippers to shave, maybe I should go with the grain. My facial hair is patchy but thick wavy. I shave my face clean, wash with black soap, then put a thin layer of raw shea butter. It feels great, but I usually get like one ingrown hair and it leaves a red bump.

MoonGoddess

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
I use my andis outliner clippers to shave, maybe I should go with the grain. My facial hair is patchy but thick wavy. I shave my face clean, wash with black soap, then put a thin layer of raw shea butter. It feels great, but I usually get like one ingrown hair and it leaves a red bump.
Oh thats not bad, but yeah from what ive read you should always go with the grain. Theres this thing called demarest they sell it at walgreens or walmart. Its for dermatitis and psoriasis but it has salicylic acid in it. One day i decided to use it after i shaved down below, usually a couple days after i shave i would itch and get some bumps the itching would be worse tho cause i have a lot of hair and its thick down there. Well anyway i shaved it and it didn't itch and i got like one or two bumps but thats it my mound was nice and smooth and landing strip immaculate. Damn i can babble lol, but yeah try something like that it basically helps your skin shed the dry itchy skin that grows after shaving and when you exfoliate leaves it nice and smooth. Prevents ingrown hairs cause it causes the skin to have a light peel.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
My skin has really been so uncooperative lately due to my fukked up ass hormones.

However microdermabrasion has been a God send.

k2-_48582a6b-98eb-4421-848e-378c3835b2ab.v1.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

aaaaaaa

Banned
Daps
Ladies what are the black owned hair or beauty products you guys use? Let's get a list together and try to promote them. Maybe we could even get the owners to guest post on the coli

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Omg Rae why did you tell me? :mjcry:

You know I'm finna go right? :mjcry:

when does it end :mjpls:

I had to share :mjcry:

Last thing I saw said Sunday on heyfranhey but it was still up today it might be a two week thing

Or they just let me make it I'm blessed :mjcry: