Sunhymns
idris-elba-coughing.gif

" They can't call you racist, if you've been previously conquered by the Moors"

iu

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Man, it’s so crazy he would do all this and still married a white woman :mjlol:

Cacs will not like this season. It appears Donald Glover recognized the pull he had and good favor he built up over his career to sketch in stone that it’s 2 seasons or no seasons. Mf said he has something to say.

I honestly feel like he had this sht orchestrated from day one. Got white people nice and comfy with him until he could unleash his magnum Black opus. If this how he coming with 2 full seasons locked, loaded and paid for? Oh maaaaan!!!:mjlol:These Cacs are in trouble. :mjlol:

All the allusions to real life events y’all picking up on, y’all missing one: Gambino is a mastermind, fck a btch to pass the time.
That’s literally how ep1 ends and ep2 begins

Im more interested in how everything will be received more so than the actual show lol. This is a culture shifter.:wow:

He pretty much has said this.

He said he spent most of his career making white people feel comfortable with him.

Donald Glover: Fear and Trembling - VICE

He said he used the credibility he’d gained as a writer on 30 Rock to get the execs at FX to trust him

He said he used he sold the pilot of Atlanta under the premise of rappers trying to make it big out of the city to “Trojan Horse” the series (meaning he told them it would be one thing and made an entirely different series)

Donald Glover "Trojan-horsed" FX to get his vision of Atlanta made

He said he hired Paul Simms as an executive producer because he knew he needed an “old white guy” that the execs would trust. He’d say something to FX, they’d turn him down, he’d tell Paul to tell them the SAME THING and Paul could get green lit. For example the execs at FX didn’t want any character but the white character from the pilot say the word “nikka” and Donald used Paul to get it approved.

Donald Glover says he used 'white translator' to get N-word in 'Atlanta'

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps
That guidance counselor bytch can go to hell. :pacspit:They love to throw black boys in special ed with the drooling retards for the smallest things, meanwhile Scooter the Shooter sitting in the corner making hitlists and pipe bombs is seen as "quiet and misunderstood".

They tried to do the shyt to me back in the day. Gave me some bullshyt "PDD" diagnosis (aka we can't prove he has autism, so we'll create a blanket term cause we can). My parents got me out of that shyt with the quickness. 20 year later, I'm an engineer making 6 figs. Thanks Mom and Dad for not giving up and letting me be food for the system.:salute:

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
He pretty much has said this.

He said he spent most of his career making white people feel comfortable with him.

Donald Glover: Fear and Trembling - VICE

He said he used the credibility he’d gained as a writer on 30 Rock to get the execs at FX to trust him

He said he used he sold the pilot of Atlanta under the premise of rappers trying to make it big out of the city to “Trojan Horse” the series (meaning he told them it would be one thing and made an entirely different series)

Donald Glover "Trojan-horsed" FX to get his vision of Atlanta made

He said he hired Paul Simms as an executive producer because he knew he needed an “old white guy” that the execs would trust. He’d say something to FX, they’d turn him down, he’d tell Paul to tell them the SAME THING and Paul could get green lit. For example the execs at FX didn’t want any character but the white character from the pilot say the word “nikka” and Donald used Paul to get it approved.

Donald Glover says he used 'white translator' to get N-word in 'Atlanta'
:krs:

These niqqas in trouble :wow:

:stylin:

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Facts but why does every black show gotta be so heavy handed. nikkas just wanna laugh sometimes dog. We know the issues cacs know the issues. Ain’t shii gonna change. Black people always gotta be worried about cacs perception. Shii seems like Brody just tryna make white people uncomfortable lol. The tone shift was weird after bro got the spotlight after the Emmy’s. Like bro on a mission to troll cacs for liking the show on some minstrel shyt.
:mjpls: