Official 'Atlanta' Season 3 Thread

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
I was really feeling the first episode. They know CACs LOVE seeing us act a fool on tv/say nikka etc, so for them to show this episode hopefully made those cacs take a look in the mirror. It's a good reminder not to forget Devonte Hart and his story. That shyt was fukked up when he asked if Hugs was his dads name.

The second episode was crazy as well with the planned death?! Was he already terminal or something? Either way Darius had me rolling saying he felt the thug spirit. The blackface shyt had me jarred as well, which I knew about the Zwarte Piet shyt already, but again cacs like to overlook their own transgressions so I'm glad that shyt was amplified as well.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
:francis: the event was loosely based on a true story breh.

The mother, unfortunately, had to drill into her son’s head that this world does not like him.. but at the same time.. he’s a child. Simply being excited for Black Panther 2 almost had him drowning in a lake.

I don’t agree with the “tough love” stance.
It was a dream breh. No sane mother would let cps take their kid willingly the way she did over him dancing at school. That wasn’t supposed to be realistic. That’s why they did it the way they did it and didn’t make it a “flashback of Darius as a kid” for instance. It’s metaphorical.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I was really feeling the first episode. They know CACs LOVE seeing us act a fool on tv/say nikka etc, so for them to show this episode hopefully made those cacs take a look in the mirror. It's a good reminder not to forget Devonte Hart and his story. That shyt was fukked up when he asked if Hugs was his dads name.

The second episode was crazy as well with the planned death?! Was he already terminal or something? Either way Darius had me rolling saying he felt the thug spirit. The blackface shyt had me jarred as well, which I knew about the Zwarte Piet shyt already, but again cacs like to overlook their own transgressions so I'm glad that shyt was amplified as well.

That would mean that would have to hold themselves accountable for things, which they never do. They probably took that episode as slapstick comedy instead of something with an actual message.

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Just finished the first ep. All I can say is damn I miss the first season of Atlanta. I get everything they doing but man a nicca just wanna laugh.
i second this, bring back the crazy barber episode from season 2. i know gambino wanna make you think and dont forget about some of the realer issues society but for a season premier i just want to smoke some weed and laugh a little bit. first episode had my night all fukked up

ImLionyall

Workin on dat Roar
Daps
Reppin
Serengeti
The ice on the cable box/electronics so moms don't know you had it on:wow:
This whole beginning is triggering :wow:
Verbal abuse from moms while dad is around to lay the smack down
I thought I was the only one:wow:

Edit: my nikka being adopted by yt lesbians....are they going where i think they are:lupe:

Edit 2: i think they are:mjcry:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
What's the theme for this season?

This season Donald Glover says the goal was to make a “Black Fairy Tale”. Its why I knew that Loquareeous would survive. This season is going to end up being lighter than Robbin Season and show a real maturation process for the characters.

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
Man, it’s so crazy he would do all this and still married a white woman :mjlol:

Cacs will not like this season. It appears Donald Glover recognized the pull he had and good favor he built up over his career to sketch in stone that it’s 2 seasons or no seasons. Mf said he has something to say.

I honestly feel like he had this sht orchestrated from day one. Got white people nice and comfy with him until he could unleash his magnum Black opus. If this how he coming with 2 full seasons locked, loaded and paid for? Oh maaaaan!!!:mjlol:These Cacs are in trouble. :mjlol:

All the allusions to real life events y’all picking up on, y’all missing one: Gambino is a mastermind, fck a btch to pass the time.
That’s literally how ep1 ends and ep2 begins

Im more interested in how everything will be received more so than the actual show lol. This is a culture shifter.:wow:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
"Sinterklaas is assisted by Zwarte Piet ("Black Pete"), a helper dressed in Moorish attire and in blackface. Zwarte Piet first appeared in print as the nameless servant of Saint Nicholas"

i feel the need to research santa clause all of a sudden :francis:

Spain has a similar Holiday procession called "Three Kings Parade". In their minds, they're paying homage to the Black King Balthasar. King Balthasar is depicted as a man of African origin. More specifically, he is believed to be from what is present-day Ethiopia or Yemen.

A Look At Spain’s Controversial Annual Blackface Three Kings Parade - Travel Noire

blackface-1-970x717.jpeg

8PVO067.png
8PVO067.png
8PVO067.png
8PVO067.png
8PVO067.png
8PVO067.png
8PVO067.png

Daps