Official 'Atlanta' Season 3 Thread

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Starting to see way too much Juelz'ing for DG's pretentious ass, same way there was for Peele before everyone decided he was overthinking and outsmarting himself lol.

Yeah this is how I feel. I see both sides of the views in this thread. On one hand, Atlanta is a genius show and it's refreshing depth and pov on the black experience will be sorely missed when it finishes. On the other hand, it's just a show and it's not that damn deep sometimes. And as much of a fan of DG I am, there are a few times where he gets too high on his own genius and ventures into pure weirdo territory.

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
On a side note when we getting back to paper boi and em? Like their actual story we already on like ep 5

horizon

Veteran
Daps
So some of y’all only care if the shyt is funny or not. There are plenty of comedies you can watch and rewatch for your escapism. This episode was fire. Just like the first episode I hope they have more of these.
People on this forum only care about “fukkery” damn everything else just give them “fukkery” and they’ll be spamming the :russ: smiley laughing at shyt clearly not meant to be “funny haha” because that’s the only lens they see through

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Am I the only one that expected this season to be different?
The gang is on a completely different continent, with different cultures and experiences. They’ve done a great job of making the city of Atlanta its own character, so I understand why it’s missed, but the fukkery was never gonna be the same.
I’ve enjoyed every episode thus far, and I’m looking forward to see it all come together.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
People are essentially complaining because the show isn't a a dressed up Kevin Hart Kat Williams show. Amazing lol smh.

This is like going to Ruth's Chris for steak complaining it doesn't taste like Micke D's

The modern viewer is low class and sadly extraordinarily unsophisticated.

No wonder we can't have nice things. Sometimes it seems like we don't deserve it.
Glover and crew are giving us real life Art.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are essentially complaining because the show isn't a a dressed up Kevin Hart Kat Williams show. Amazing lol smh.

This is like going to Ruth's Chris for steak complaining it doesn't taste like Micke D's

The modern viewer is low class and sadly extraordinarily unsophisticated.

No wonder we can't have nice things. Sometimes it seems like we don't deserve it.
Glover and crew are giving us real life Art.
200w.gif

k

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
People on this forum only care about “fukkery” damn everything else just give them “fukkery” and they’ll be spamming the :russ: smiley laughing at shyt clearly not meant to be “funny haha” because that’s the only lens they see through
this is a reductive take, you can have commentary, be entertaining and not brow beat to get your point across. Atlanta did it quite well in the first two seasons :ld:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
full
Continues.

:dead: @ being low class for calling this shyt out. Show is on some super pretentious Jordan Peele fake deep bullshyt.

Called it first episode, season is another ":krs: but they dropping gems" coli classic.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
So you're attracted to the carefree baby mama with no plan or job but NOT attracted to the semi-successful actress? :skip:

Van don't even be doing anything noteworthy besides looking good on the show.
We cant even really call her a "semi" successful actress, She gets more work than 99% of actors.

A-list, B-list, ect aside

She's in the 1% of her field

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not that the season is bad. Its because they took time off. Had it came out directly after season two, it would be cool but, taking 3 years off you gotta come with a perfect season to justify the delay. Not a regular one.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
It's not that the season is bad. Its because they took time off. Had it came out directly after season two, it would be cool but, taking 3 years off you gotta come with a perfect season to justify the delay. Not a regular one.

I’ve never understood this mindset, it’s almost as if they’re being punished for COVID, and having to take in to account the main cast’s boosted success. Mind you we’re only four episodes into the season.