[Official] Apple Event: “Peek Performance”. March 8th, 2022. 10am PST

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
i see the memory is expandle with the SD card slot.

dunno if I want do the 14 or 16.

14 was sufficient for me, cuz I was coming from 13 to 14, so it's slightly bigger.

I'd rather have less screen size and spend the extra money on upgrades on the 14 personally.

u bout to pull the trigger? this laptop has phone caliber battery life.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
14 was sufficient for me, cuz I was coming from 13 to 14, so it's slightly bigger.

I'd rather have less screen size and spend the extra money on upgrades on the 14 personally.

u bout to pull the trigger? this laptop has phone caliber battery life.

yeah, I was debating on the m1 max but it sounds like the pro is more than fine. I'm not doing no heavy level computing. and the hard drive isn't critical witht he SD slot. I can do a 500 gig drive and throw a 1 gig SD card in for much cheaper.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
yeah, I was debating on the m1 max but it sounds like the pro is more than fine. I'm not doing no heavy level computing. and the hard drive isn't critical witht he SD slot. I can do a 500 gig drive and throw a 1 gig SD card in for much cheaper.

never thought about doing this. I already have 400GB used up on mine right now. what's the speed on those SD cards compared to the SSD?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
@Rekkapryde one more thing. if u get the MBP, setting it up will be mad easy. I think u can even copy a lot of shyt off windows. I know on my first one, I copied my entire music library from itunes with ease.

and also, apple has time machine to do backups. I have a cheap 2TB external I use to back up my laptop. when u restore a backup from time machine to a new MBP or the same MBP, it literally is child's play.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
@Rekkapryde one more thing. if u get the MBP, setting it up will be mad easy. I think u can even copy a lot of shyt off windows. I know on my first one, I copied my entire music library from itunes with ease.

and also, apple has time machine to do backups. I have a cheap 2TB external I use to back up my laptop. when u restore a backup from time machine to a new MBP or the same MBP, it literally is child's play.

i got a lot of my pc shyt backed up via external or onedrive/google drive. And I got an external SSD hard drive.

Would I be able to connect that external SSD hard drive without an adapter?

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I got the M1 Pro 14 base + 32gb.

Didnt upgrade neither the GPU nor the CPU and shyt's smooth as hell even when I'm opening some heavy 3d models, no noise, no heat. It's incredible. 16gb RAM seemed too little for what I was working with as I was quickly at 85%. Had to refund it to get a base one with more RAM.

I'd honestly advise against 16gb if you guys working with several softwares at the same time or using Parallels VMs. Those M1 are efficient with memory swaps when out of RAM but this eats at the ssd longetivity so it's better to eat the 400 bucks and upgrade the RAM.

This is the only Apple product I have and the hole it did on my bank account stung hard but I expect to be very comfy for at least 5 years.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
i got a lot of my pc shyt backed up via external or onedrive/google drive. And I got an external SSD hard drive.

Would I be able to connect that external SSD hard drive without an adapter?
I've seen plenty of reviewers plugging external SSDs easy. There are 3 thunderbolt connections so it should be enough. There's also an sd card slot if needed.

I work on my NAS and got the 512gb SSD and it is filled at 40% at the moment, not sure I'll ever cross 50% but I'm not storing personal stuff on it, it's a strictly work laptop.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
M1 Ultra specs look DISGUSTING. I just wish some of that power could be used for gaming.:sadcam:

that kills me. There’s no reason in 2022 to not have a easy way to game on a MacBook

let's keep it funky. that mac studio could EASILY play PS5 games.

they should do a deal with sony to emulate PS5.

hell, at worse, there should be a proper PS5 app. not the remote play PS5 app. that should also exist on apple tv now that we mention it.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Apple's 1TB 14-inch MacBook Pro is $200 off, plus $60 off AppleCare, now in stock | AppleInsider

:patrice:

I have this configuration in the cart right now

MacBook Pro 14" with Liquid Retina XDR Display, M1 Pro Chip with 10-Core CPU and 16-Core GPU, 32GB Memory, 1TB SSD, Space Gray, Late 2021

Price is 2891 with free shipping

@beaniemac @Liu Kang

I see u decided to go with 1TB.

I mean in 2022, I think 1TB is mandatory.

I had 512GB back in 2014 even.

go head and pull the trigger. u gotta rip that band aid off. it will suck now, but 4 months from now, u will be glad u did. that's how I feel. I was :sadcam: when I seen the purchase. but its paid for, so now I feel great about the purchase.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I see u decided to go with 1TB.

I mean in 2022, I think 1TB is mandatory.

I had 512GB back in 2014 even.

go head and pull the trigger. u gotta rip that band aid off. it will suck now, but 4 months from now, u will be glad u did. that's how I feel. I was :sadcam: when I seen the purchase. but its paid for, so now I feel great about the purchase.

should I downgrade to the 14 core gpu? :patrice:

Also, is Applecare worth it? The discount gives not only 200 off the pc, but 60 off Applecare

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
should I downgrade to the 14 core gpu? :patrice:

Also, is Applecare worth it? The discount gives not only 200 off the pc, but 60 off Applecare

personally, I don't see the point of a GPU upgrade. I don't photoshop or do anything related graphics. so unless ur editing video and what not, I don't see it. plus I don't game on the laptop either.

applecare is cool, but my last macbook, the battery died after the 3 years, so it wouldn't have helped. I never buy applecare to be honest. I don't see the value since they shyt is built to last for the most part.

however, they will cover u for accidents like say u drop it and shatter the screen. just remember, u get a default 1 year warranty regardless. applecare just adds 2 more years.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
personally, I don't see the point of a GPU upgrade. I don't photoshop or do anything related graphics. so unless ur editing video and what not, I don't see it. plus I don't game on the laptop either.

applecare is cool, but my last macbook, the battery died after the 3 years, so it wouldn't have helped. I never buy applecare to be honest. I don't see the value since they shyt is built to last for the most part.

however, they will cover u for accidents like say u drop it and shatter the screen. just remember, u get a default 1 year warranty regardless. applecare just adds 2 more years.

Bet, I'll downgrade to the 14 core gpu