[Official] Apple announces streaming event for October 18, 2021. 10am PDT/ 1 pm EST

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Ordered a 14 inch Pro with the M1 Pro, 16GB of memory and 1TB of storage. I wanted 32GB of memory, but the delivery dates were already slipping and from using the M1 MBP earlier this year, I think I should be fine with 16GB of memory. It'll be a big improvement over this 16 inch MBP either way.

Make me wonder which models they'll have in store though. Apple's good for having a few souped up versions of their Macs available in-store that isn't immediately apparent from just browsing the site :patrice:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Ordered a 14 inch Pro with the M1 Pro, 16GB of memory and 1TB of storage. I wanted 32GB of memory, but the delivery dates were already slipping and from using the M1 MBP earlier this year, I think I should be fine with 16GB of memory. It'll be a big improvement over this 16 inch MBP either way.

Make me wonder which models they'll have in store though. Apple's good for having a few souped up versions of their Macs available in-store that isn't immediately apparent from just browsing the site :patrice:

once u start customizing the laptop, u know u aren't gonna be able to get it in store, so havinng to wait is a given essentially.

for me, this is a product I'll be using for 4-5 years every day of the week, so I don't mind waiting. also, knowing u cannot upgrade it, I put the 32GB of RAM in there just cuz. and my current joint has like 160GB remaining of HDD space of the 500GB, so 1TB will be more than enough for me this time out. my last 3 laptops have all had 500GB in them.

my current MBP works just fine except for the fact that the battery is shot despite me putting less than 50 cycles thru it.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I forgot to post my specs:

14-inch MacBook Pro - Space Gray
Apple M1 Pro with 10-core CPU, 16-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine
16GB unified memory
1TB SSD storage
96W USB-C Power Adapter

Tax was a bytch though. Moved 5 minutes away from my old house in a different zip code and tax was $100 more :pacspit:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
fukking disgusting.

Thank you to all of the fukkers saying “the iPhone notch isn’t too bad…you don’t notice it after a while…I kinda like it”. fukk y’all. This was the natural progression due to you fukkers being complacent with that hideous ass notch. fukk y’all!

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
once u start customizing the laptop, u know u aren't gonna be able to get it in store, so havinng to wait is a given essentially.

for me, this is a product I'll be using for 4-5 years every day of the week, so I don't mind waiting. also, knowing u cannot upgrade it, I put the 32GB of RAM in there just cuz. and my current joint has like 160GB remaining of HDD space of the 500GB, so 1TB will be more than enough for me this time out. my last 3 laptops have all had 500GB in them.

my current MBP works just fine except for the fact that the battery is shot despite me putting less than 50 cycles thru it.

I feel you on that. I tend to upgrade my laptops a little more often, like every 2 -3 years, so when/if 16GB isn't enough, it'll probably be about time for me to replace the whole machine anyway. Apple usually does have a more more custom configuration available in-store, but based on past experience, it'll probably be a 64GB memory/2TB storage model for like $4000+ :dead: