[Official] Apple announces streaming event for October 18, 2021. 10am PDT/ 1 pm EST

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I gave it some thought and ended up reordering the 14-inch with 32GB of memory. 16GB is fine for just Xcode, but Xcode can also be temperamental and since this should run a lot quieter and cooler than any of the Intel MacBook Pros, I can actually push this without worrying about the thermals.

The quoted delivery date was November 5th - 10th, which isn't too bad a wait and Apple tends to underpromise and overdeliver on their delivery dates, so there's a good chance it'll come before the 5th

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I gave it some thought and ended up reordering the 14-inch with 32GB of memory. 16GB is fine for just Xcode, but Xcode can also be temperamental and since this should run a lot quieter and cooler than any of the Intel MacBook Pros, I can actually push this without worrying about the thermals.

The quoted delivery date was November 5th - 10th, which isn't too bad a wait and Apple tends to underpromise and overdeliver on their delivery dates, so there's a good chance it'll come before the 5th

same date they gave me. and they didn't charge my credit card yet, so its whatever. hopefully it comes earlier.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
who cares? it already has touch ID. plus, if u got an apple watch, u don't even need touch ID to be honest, cuz the apple watch unlocks the laptop automatically.

Not everybody had one of those watches. I don't see the point of having the upgraded camera with notch if no Face ID. They charging 2.5-4k for this, put everything in

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
it looks like investors wanted apple to make Apple Music more accessible at a cheaper price point to get more market share in the streaming space
instead of making a tier with ads they opted for some awful voice only offering that's like the iPod shuffle but worse :mjlol:

Amazon Music echo plan for 2.99 must be putting a serious dent in them.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:lupe:Just when I am wishlisting the M1 Pro, Apple brings out the M1 Max.

I'm torn because I mainly want a Macbook for productivity, some minor gaming (preferably WOW), and some photo editing, but this M1 Max looking promising:damn:.

1999:picard:

Yeah I'll stick with the M1 Pro whenever the funds are ready once Passport gang is official.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Knew this was coming and still got an M1 MacBook Air this year... Lowkey regretting it, but my device is suiting me well. M1, 16gb RAM, 1TB SSD.

I do want that new design though. I may upgrade in a couple years.

You can get 600 trade in value for it

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Waiting to see the gpu and mainly gaming tests before I trade in my old macs

Last edited: