Official Apple 9/12/18 Event Thread | iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, Apple Watch Series 4, iOS 12 & Mac OS

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Zack isn't above criticizing phones while he test them but dude slaughtered the iPhone XR.
"Charging $800 for this is like robbing al old folks home. Yeah it's easy and your targets won't notice but it's just wrong"

That last line was vicious. "I'll give away this blue one. You can always sell it and go buy yourself a real phone"

:laugh: One Plus 6t gang is laughing it up. Everybody is praising it to no end but this is iPhone is like settling for a used up 50 yr old hooker on a Sat night.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:laugh: One Plus 6t gang is laughing it up. Everybody is praising it to no end but this is iPhone is like settling for a used up 50 yr old hooker on a Sat night.
People into iPhones don't want a One Plus 6t. That phone doesn't have iMessages or an Apple Watch and isn't in the Apple ecosystem. I'm not as deeply rooted in the Apple ecosystem as many but I have an Apple Watch, and iPad, and the iPhone X. These devices play nice with each other. To you it might be an apples to apples comparison but to the Apple user who's friends all use iMessages and they have an Apple Watch or a Mac it's apples to oranges and they don't want an Android phone period.

The XR is the entry level iPhone. It's for people who want the product for as cheap as possible and don't care about the bells and whistles.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
People into iPhones don't want a One Plus 6t. That phone doesn't have iMessages or an Apple Watch and isn't in the Apple ecosystem. I'm not as deeply rooted in the Apple ecosystem as many but I have an Apple Watch, and iPad, and the iPhone X. These devices play nice with each other. To you it might be an apples to apples comparison but to the Apple user who's friends all use iMessages and they have an Apple Watch or a Mac it's apples to oranges and they don't want an Android phone period.

The XR is the entry level iPhone. It's for people who want the product for as cheap as possible and don't care about the bells and whistles.

Lol. It's still mediocrity. My Note 9 gets delivered in less than 6 hours and I'm not going anywhere.

Sin Simma

Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Nope. I'm straight. Getting the 11 next year. Not enough changes. Hoping for more battery life, USB-C, and a reduced notch. There aren't many more changes to make to a phone. Oh and more durable glass. iPads are rumored to move to USB-C.

I use the Anker 30w power delivery on Amazon.

Here:

You also need a lightning to USB C cable.

FIRE. This 2018 Mac is fire. That keyboard issue is GONE.

Bought a fast charger after being against it for a while. I was doing some research on the lightning to usb-c cable and it looks like there are 0 mfi certified cables for it and Apple is the only one. Next year, we’ll see mfi cables in the wild. You’re telling me that right now, Apple’s cable is the only cable you could cop now? That can’t be right. $35 cable? :usure:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
iPhone X is going strong. I’m glad I didn’t upgrade this year. I didn’t think the XS updates were significant enough to upgrade to. I’m loving my series 4 watch too.
How does the Apple Watch benefit you? What do u like about it? I ask because I want to go full apple on these bytches:noah:

Last edited:

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
How does the Apple benefit you? What do u like about it? I ask because I want to go full apple on these bytches:noah:
I love how the devices function in general and how they seamlessly sync together via iCloud. It’s nice to be able to access your media across all of your devices with your Apple ID.

In regards to my MacBook.. Moving from a PC to a Mac was also one of the best decisions I’ve made. It was seriously like night and day when it came to speed. It’s just nice to have a computer that doesn’t lag.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I haven’t had any complaints about Apple products. They’ve served me well for years.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How does the Apple Watch benefit you? What do u like about it? I ask because I want to go full apple on these bytches:noah:
An Apple Watch to me is better if you use it in the health and fitness tracking lane. Beyond that it's really just a second screen for your phone so you don't have to get it out of your pocket.

I feel like the Apple Watch should be a stand alone device but it's still not. It's almost there but some of the apps still look for an IPhone instead of just running on their own.

Making calls and texts on it is nice but ultimately it's a portable device you use so you don't have to use another portable device you have on your person already.

At least as a health and fitness device it's not duplicating functionality your phone can already do.

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
Bought a fast charger after being against it for a while. I was doing some research on the lightning to usb-c cable and it looks like there are 0 mfi certified cables for it and Apple is the only one. Next year, we’ll see mfi cables in the wild. You’re telling me that right now, Apple’s cable is the only cable you could cop now? That can’t be right. $35 cable? :usure:

i bought the amazon cable with the anker charger and it works just fine.