Official Apple 9/12/18 Event Thread | iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, Apple Watch Series 4, iOS 12 & Mac OS

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Zack isn't above criticizing phones while he test them but dude slaughtered the iPhone XR.
"Charging $800 for this is like robbing al old folks home. Yeah it's easy and your targets won't notice but it's just wrong"

That last line was vicious. "I'll give away this blue one. You can always sell it and go buy yourself a real phone"

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Zack isn't above criticizing phones while he test them but dude slaughtered the iPhone XR.
"Charging $800 for this is like robbing al old folks home. Yeah it's easy and your targets won't notice but it's just wrong"

That last line was vicious. "I'll give away this blue one. You can always sell it and go buy yourself a real phone"

if theyd just included the same 4g bands as the Xs and the 4gb of ram itd be a better argument for what they charging. its the 5c all over again:hubie:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
if theyd just included the same 4g bands as the Xs and the 4gb of ram itd be a better argument for what they charging. its the 5c all over again:hubie:
Except that was a budget phone and this is a phone for people who want an iPhone that looks like the X style but cost only a little less. They think they're saving a couple hundred dollars buying this but it actually cost a couple hundred more than it should be. The things they cut back on this phone at least to me seem like they aren't as much passing most of that savings on to the consumer.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Except that was a budget phone and this is a phone for people who want an iPhone that looks like the X style but cost only a little less. They think they're saving a couple hundred dollars buying this but it actually cost a couple hundred more than it should be. The things they cut back on this phone at least to me seem like they aren't as much passing most of that savings on to the consumer.
phone prices in general outta control now. Im holdin onto my iphone for 5 years minimum.:hubie:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps

he's a known apple hater

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I remember back I said the XR wasn't that bad a buy and dudes were wylin. I actually think it might be the best buy, I've been using the XS Max since it came out and can't tell a difference. Matter of fact I might like the XR more, right in that sweet spot size wise and should have a longer lasting battery than the Max. Don't really care about the telephoto lens.

Just gotta decide whether or not I feel like being bothered to sell this phone and which color I'd get. Leaning towards blue.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Bought an iPhone 7 and iOS :wow:

Will eventually upgrade down the line.

i have iphone x got it for 29 dollars

went to another phone company and my old one called me back offering me it

meh its ok, i actually don't see the difference between my essential phone and the iphone x except its slimmer and camera is better.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Got my XR in the mail yesterday :takedat:haven’t opened it yet though since I haven’t had time, but I’m gonna tinker with it tomorrow and see what I’ve been missing out on

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
None of these X's have swayed me into upgrading from my tried and proven 6s+.

I think i'll be able to hold off for another year, or even two:ehh: