Official Apple 9/12/18 Event Thread | iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, Apple Watch Series 4, iOS 12 & Mac OS

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I'm still #SamsungMasterRace through and through but i saw a speedtest video and the xs max humiliated the note 9 :francis:

but then again... the dude was already using the note 9 religiously for a month while he just got the iphone, so...

A part of me wants to buy the max just to use it and then return it... but the thought is seeing $1500 fly out of my bank account for even 2 weeks..:mjcry:

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Been using the max all day. There’s no way I’m going back to screens smaller than this again :wow:
My shyt dont get here til Monday, but i went to a store and held it. Its dope as fukk, but I cant one hand that bytch no more. Like i cant reach the top to pull down w/ one hand :noah:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
How's that reachability function working out for everybody?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My shyt dont get here til Monday, but i went to a store and held it. Its dope as fukk, but I cant one hand that bytch no more. Like i cant reach the top to pull down w/ one hand :noah:
It’s a bit of a struggle but to be honest it’s not a deal breaker. I just quickly use my other hand and it’s back to using one hand again. It also has a firm grip, especially as I have a leather case so it makes it easier.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Browsing the coli on the XS, do i see less of people's post because it's narrower? If so, does it make up for it since it's longer?

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I'm still #SamsungMasterRace through and through but i saw a speedtest video and the xs max humiliated the note 9 :francis:

but then again... the dude was already using the note 9 religiously for a month while he just got the iphone, so...

A part of me wants to buy the max just to use it and then return it... but the thought is seeing $1500 fly out of my bank account for even 2 weeks..:mjcry:

Nah chief, I'll bet you the $1500 the same thing would happen to a Note fresh out of the box. Apple's had the cpu/gpu game sewed up since last year and I don't see Qualcomm or Samsung doing anything about it. One of the advantages of the software being designed for the hardware.

Also a month isn't long enough to really degrade a battery let alone performance.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

The 8GBs of RAM on the Note9 says otherwise. Maybe it beats it for a bit on a cold boot but once the programs load into RAM the Note9 will beat it simply for the fact that it doesn't have to constantly reload stuff.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
What colour did y'all go for?

XS is tempting me but I think I'll hold onto my 7 for the time being.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
What colour did y'all go for?

XS is tempting me but I think I'll hold onto my 7 for the time being.

Gold. In some lighting it's a little rose gold others light gold

I'll keep it but silver is probably my favorite as far as looks go. SG feels the best in hand bc of the polish on the band but it's easily the slipperiest

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The 8GBs of RAM on the Note9 says otherwise. Maybe it beats it for a bit on a cold boot but once the programs load into RAM the Note9 will beat it simply for the fact that it doesn't have to constantly reload stuff.
Just benchmark..iPhones and one plus always do very well but nothing downloads faster than s9, s9 plus, or Note 9 on Tmobile network. iPhone got humilated. 40 percent slower.