Official Apple 9/12/18 Event Thread | iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, Apple Watch Series 4, iOS 12 & Mac OS

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I think ill bite on apple watch when it can be used with home kit and can do shyt like replace your Key FOB (unlock doors and car start)

I would like one now for the health funtions tho.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
J Will put a video out a few days ago about the XR that got me thinking. Earlier I said I would get last years X over it and still would if it's cheaper since being discontinued, but I'd definitely get it over the XS. Max too if it's too big for you. He's right, iPhones can't display more than 1080 so if you really look there isn't that much difference between the XR and the Max besides another camera.

i disagree with this the oled displays looks much sharper, with better viewing angles and blacks that dont look ashy compared to LCD. difference is night and day

drifter

Superstar
Daps
i disagree with this the oled displays looks much sharper, with better viewing angles and blacks that dont look ashy compared to LCD. difference is night and day

Everyone knows the advantages of OLED to LCD, the point is the value in what you're getting. And it's 1080p OLED vs 720p LCD at the end of the day. I've been looking at the X's screen for almost a year and had a 7 Plus before that, used a 7 for a short time and also had a S8+. The screen isn't hundreds of dollars better the 7 screen. The main reason to buy that phone was the new design and edge to edge screen, OLED was just the cherry on top. It could've been a 1080p LCD display and still sold the same and the differences would be even more minor this year. If you can get past 1080 vs 720 without getting hung up I don't think the XR is a bad purchase, but still it should be 1080p. There's not really an excuse for it not to be besides profit margins.

Last edited:

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I’m 2:13 in and the nikka said “I have big hands and I end up using two hands every time to reach notifications “

:francis:

I think I might cancel my order and just wait til both are in store and see which one i want. I'm not tryna pay restocking if I dont like the max. Might just cop a used X from last year for $600 and say fukk it.

He also compared an app like twitter to the X and you see the exact same ammount of info, just...bigger

Daps

I’m 2:13 in and the nikka said “I have big hands and I end up using two hands every time to reach notifications “

:francis:

I think I might cancel my order and just wait til both are in store and see which one i want. I'm not tryna pay restocking if I dont like the max. Might just cop a used X from last year for $600 and say fukk it.

He also compared an app like twitter to the X and you see the exact same ammount of info, just...bigger

See im coming from an LG V30 andni orders the iphone xs this LG V30 is 6.0 and its really perfect for my hands. I said im give tbis iphone experience a year to see if i like and I might get a watch to I heard some pretty good things about the watches.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
J Will put a video out a few days ago about the XR that got me thinking. Earlier I said I would get last years X over it and still would if it's cheaper since being discontinued, but I'd definitely get it over the XS. Max too if it's too big for you. He's right, iPhones can't display more than 1080 so if you really look there isn't that much difference between the XR and the Max besides another camera.

I'd rather have the X than the XR but that's just me. If I'm spending $700ish then I'd be ok spending $1000ish. It's not that much more.

Honestly though anybody with an iPhone 6S or better should probably pass on all these phones unless it's a tech junkie. I remember getting the X and being impressed with it for like a week and then it was basically just another iPhone to me. From a core functionality standpoint looking back there's virtually nothing I couldn't do on the 6S that I've gained the ability to do on the X.

On a 6S Apple has that battery upgrade for $29 or whatever. Outside of some water resistance none of the features we've gotten past the 6S actually matter. Much of the stuff like Face ID and Wireless charging is just a different way to do stuff you could already do on an older phone. Even the gesture controls are that. I barely if ever use the second camera.

Basically when I look at everything I need a phone to do some of these phones I had years ago did all that stuff.

-DMP-

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
nikka how!? Bro i been googlying lyrics to find songs for years lol. This is a dope feature for me

Just got charged for the Max :whoo: Does that mean it shipped? When should i get it? :lupe:

You should get it day of release (assuming you preordered as soon as it was available). I pre ordered the X last year and got it the day it came out (T-Mobile)

-DMP-

Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Save some money and cop the X, you get premium features for the XR price. theres a reason apple cancled it :whistle: