Official Apple 9/12/18 Event Thread | iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, Apple Watch Series 4, iOS 12 & Mac OS

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Do it. I talked about it earlier in the thread, but I can recap. I didn't think I'd use it as much as I do, until my wife copped one for my birthday this year. It's great because, you can read and respond to text messages without taking out your phone. Voice dictation works extremely well. You can get animated gifs on it and errything. Apple pay is probably my favorite feature and works at probably ~90% of the places I've shopped at, just double click the button on the side and tap your watch against the reader and you're set. No need to pull out your wallet. I also use it to set alarms/reminders. Just tell it the time and date and you're good to go. I can't lie, it feels fashionable too. Also, if you use the workout app, Strava, it'll record all the data and sync to it. I use to kill my battery before even finishing my weekend bike rides, but now I simply use my watch's gps to do so. The real time health streams are a nice feature too. All in all I feel that it's well worth the price of admission. I have a 2 and it suites my needs perfectly fine. I don't believe you need to break the bank to have the latest and greatest models, but if you have the coin, it probably wouldn't hurt to future proof yourself however.
:ehh: good shyt. the 3 is down to 279 now so that may be the move at the end of the month

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
:ehh: good shyt. the 3 is down to 279 now so that may be the move at the end of the month

I'm not wanting for anything with my 2, so I know you'll be happy with the 3, especially since you'll get a slightly better processor in it. With Watch OS 5 we get a walkie talkie function now too, which I'm also excited as well.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
A lot of people in my office got the Apple watch but for some reason I'd rather have an actual watch on my wrist.

The wrist is prime real estate. Can't just park anything on it ya feel me :ld:

It's so much more functional than a regular watch though. But to be fair, I didn't wear a watch at all prior to it, so I'd probably feel a bit different if it meant giving up a collection that I had built up...

Because once you start wearing an apple watch, you'd never go back to your old ones :troll:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
It's so much more functional than a regular watch though. But to be fair, I didn't wear a watch at all prior to it, so I'd probably feel a bit different if it meant giving up a collection that I had built up...

Because once you start wearing an apple watch, you'd never go back to your old ones :troll:

I guess. There was this watch I used to wesr that my grandmother got me.

I'd wear it on my non dominant to give it some "weight" when moving it around.

Idk if I care for all the other "functions" of the apple watch.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I guess. There was this watch I used to wesr that my grandmother got me.

I'd wear it on my non dominant to give it some "weight" when moving it around.

Idk if I care for all the other "functions" of the apple watch.

I like being able to check my texts and emails on it while at work. It makes me look like I'm being productive, rather than dikking around on my phone.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of people in my office got the Apple watch but for some reason I'd rather have an actual watch on my wrist.

The wrist is prime real estate. Can't just park anything on it ya feel me :ld:
That’s the point of a smart watch. 1000 times the functionality.

-Can leave your phone charging at home, run to the store and be fully connected

-you can pay for shyt with out reaching in your pocket

-control your music

-Quickly respond to messages

-reminders, stop watch, dictation, information from complications. All that shyt comes in handy. Small investment for what I got out f it last two years

A reg watch is really doing nothing for you other than look nice

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like being able to check my texts and emails on it while at work. It makes me look like I'm being productive, rather than dikking around on my phone.
In meetings I can glance at my wrist casually and see notifications with out beeing THAT guy on my phone.

A lot of reasons I will never go back to no smart watch

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Same shyt with me fam. I use it at work on the vending machines and people be like :dwillhuh:

I think lots of AW users don't even know about this feature. I was at a store this sunday and the girl at the register had never even seen someone use their watch to pay. It really is quite a bit more convenient than using your card, I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered it.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
i'm legit considering the XR. Outside of the screen and 2nd camera it's a pretty good phone spec wise and gets better battery life than the XS and XS Max.

I can live without the 2nd camera since I never bought any iPhone plus and OLED would be nice but its not necessary.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
i'm legit considering the XR. Outside of the screen and 2nd camera it's a pretty good phone spec wise and gets better battery life than the XS and XS Max.

I can live without the 2nd camera since I never bought any iPhone plus and OLED would be nice but its not necessary.

I dunno, the size and price is right, but I really like having my phone as a mobile photo album, and that resolution is straight up asscheeks. I'm thinking going Max and running with a slightly too big phone for another couple years until they can come out with a smaller one that isn't too narrow and checks all the right boxes spec wise.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I couldn’t spend damn near 800 on an lcd in 2019. plus with oled if you use a black wallpaper battery life significantly increase.

Oled is so crisp I get mad I see people with it

drifter

Superstar
Daps

J Will put a video out a few days ago about the XR that got me thinking. Earlier I said I would get last years X over it and still would if it's cheaper since being discontinued, but I'd definitely get it over the XS. Max too if it's too big for you. He's right, iPhones can't display more than 1080 so if you really look there isn't that much difference between the XR and the Max besides another camera.