Official Apple 9/10/19 Special Event Thread: “By Innovation Only” 1PM ET

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
You can still do it if I’m not mistaken. You just have to long press instead of doing the pressurized press.

don't need it cuz of haptic touch.

you can still use it. I’m using it on my X.

it’s definitely different now and feels like haptic touch instead of 3D Touch tho.

Yeah the haptic touch feels slightly different. Guessing they just removed it from the software completely. I'll have to get used to it I guess :to:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
y9uNXuY.jpg

Def not as slippery as last year, feels a lot better. Face id seems about the same. Figured I'd end up with sg, it looks nice and I wanted to see how much of a difference there was in the two colors. Apple should've made it black instead of grey bc they look the same unless you're on top of it, only major difference is the square.

The battery in the 5.8 is bigger than the XS Max which I'm satisfied with so I might just keep the smaller one, didn't realize how much I miss a smaller phone until I got it. Got a few days to decide.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
just got my pro max in, about to set it up. Joint is way heavier lol but actually feels good without a case. I got a Life Proof case coming in monday though.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Got the Apple Leather case because I had a gift card lying around. This shyt is a definite upgrade from my 7+ but I gotta finish restoring first before I can see how much of an upgrade it is.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Ya'll gotta get the bookbook case. When I had a iphone I loved that case.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Phone got delivered to my parents crib yesterday....but since I live in Germany I won't see that bytch for a couple of weeks. For now all I got is a case for it and a glass shield.

Walter H White

All Star
Daps
- Thought I never used 3D touch till I used haptic touch. Definitely miss it now and haptic touch is a noticeable step down.
- Selfie camera is still trash in my opinion, though main camera photos have improved. Idk what reviewers were smoking calling this arguably the best camera on a phone. ( I have also used pixel 3XL and Note 10+).
- Video quality is top notch ( good improvements here)
- Night mode for the few shots I have taken have been downright garbage. Need to take more to get a better idea of its capabilities.
- The screen upgrade is barely noticeable even when doing a side by side.
- Don't notice any speed difference.
- FaceID has improved, but that seems to be more of a iOS13 improvement than an iPhone 11 Pro improvement.
- Feels considerably heavier.
- Matte colors are really nice especially the green color.
- Battery life is much better for the day I have used it.
- The camera design in my opinion isn't ugly as it looked in the initial leaks, actually is decent.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
FaceID has improved, but that seems to be more of a iOS13 improvement than an iPhone 11 Pro improvement.

Funny how no reviewer brought it up or maybe I just need to get into the review game, if you hold the XS/11s side by side the Face ID sensor holes on the notch are bigger on the 11 phones.

I'm sure this is what they meant by "working at wider angles" but it's the exact same sensors & performance on a X/XS running 13, the bigger cutouts aren't making much a difference. They could say we never said the sensors were upgraded but they did a good job marketing/muddying the water putting it in with hardware upgrades.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Funny how no reviewer brought it up or maybe I just need to get into the review game, if you hold the XS/11s side by side the Face ID sensor holes on the notch are bigger on the 11 phones.

I'm sure this is what they meant by "working at wider angles" but it's the exact same sensors & performance on a X/XS running 13, the bigger cutouts aren't making much a difference. They could say we never said the sensors were upgraded but they did a good job marketing/muddying the water putting it in with hardware upgrades.
Definitely see the iOS 13 difference with Face ID. I have an issue with my eye and had it covered with a cloth. With the 12, the phone wouldn’t unlock. But with one eye closed and covered with a cloth it unlocks on the 13. I have an XS Max.