Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Civil war should jump right into wuteva sets off the registration act. Actually hulk and iron man fukking up africa could be that event with tony agreeing to cooperate with the gov because of his involvement. Then Panther and Spidey supposed to be just cameos.

In the after credits scene when falc suggested calling iron man what did cap say? He wont go along with this or its complicated? So the shyt probably already started
i mean i don't think it'll be long... maybe explained in the first 30 mins

i just find it weird IF they do a whole civil war movie... and only have 4 main characters... so i'm GUESSING they gonna have to go big with all these movies they put out

i could be wrong... i could be overthinking what they want to do here... especially not having the x men involved either

but yes.... the last credit scene cap says the gov won't let him help... so at that point, it's been set... but we don't know where that scene is in the timeline yet

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
So 2 things:

Are you saying the opening scene didn't connect Antman to the MCU?

Also, the final scene and after credits didn't mean anything?

Ok say Antman never met Falcon on camera......

So next year when Cap3 drops, are you or would you really be cool with "off panel" Antman knowing/meeting the Avengers?

That's going 0-60 without that scene. I think for evidently where they are obviously going, it was necessary
Of course for where they're going it was necessary lol. But for this film, on its own, it clearly was not.

Which is the point I believe the other poster was trying to make.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Of course for where they're going it was necessary lol. But for this film, on its own, it clearly was not.

Which is the point I believe the other poster was trying to make.
Breh I even said in my original post that those scenes served no other purpose in the movie but to connect it to the larger MCU :pachaha:

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

DiamondCutter

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I have one question about this whole movie, if the weight of the shrunken object stays the same how in the hell did Pym have a tank on a damn keychain?...

Overall I enjoyed the movie and Rudd's performance as Scott, can't wait for 2016. SS, BVS, Civil War, so much more...

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Breh....they didn't NEED to write that into the story. Some device to do something that allows them to do something, etc blah blah. It was a macguffin to get him to fight Falcon.

Now, I'm not saying that I didn't like it, because I thought it was fukking great. But it was clearly there only to connect to the MCU. That movie, without that scene/story beat, isn't any different lol.
You just summed up every MCU film though. The connected universe is paper thin and you could make them all individual films with almost 0 effort.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
Not sure why but this Movie actually made me Appreciate how there are so many Geniuses in Marvel Comics but that they're actually being Explored in the Movies. It's Cool to me. Everybody has there own specialty and plenty of Minds for different tasks and what have you. The Movie was Good and I damn sure wasn't expecting certain things to happen. I liked how the Ant-Man Suit came in to Play with Mr. Lang. The Story of Pym was Good but a part of me also wanted to see more of Hank and Janet.

:russ:"Too Busy dropping Cities Out Of The Sky.":mjlol:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Not seeing @Strike-Wun and his wife in the movie :blessed:

Did anybody see this movie in 3D? I heard the scene when Ant-Man goes sub-atomic looks amazing in 3D.
I don't know man maybe I ain't looking at the screen right but 3d just seems like a mirage. Its like after a while you don't even feel like you are watching something in 3d just feels like 2d cept you got goofy glasses on

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Civil war should jump right into wuteva sets off the registration act. Actually hulk and iron man fukking up africa could be that event with tony agreeing to cooperate with the gov because of his involvement. Then Panther and Spidey supposed to be just cameos.

In the after credits scene when falc suggested calling iron man what did cap say? He wont go along with this or its complicated? So the shyt probably already started
Feige said the post credit scene is from roughly the middle of Civil War. Cant really use that a measuring stick. Though the Africa turnup or the actual city dropping from the sky make a lot of sense and cut down on the set up.