Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
tumblr_nmkajoWX6m1s5zf6fo1_1280.jpg

Didn't even originally see that Ant-Man was in the pic:mjlol: Yellowjacket looks good and dangerous:ehh:. Reminds me a lot of Scarecrow from Batman Arkham Asylum. The confrontation even looks like the giant scarecrow sequences from the game:ohhh:.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Solid point but Guardians was in outer space, had numerous ill characters to juggle, Chris Pratt has a nice fanbase, Zoe Saldana, Benecio Del Toro and more star power with voicing by Bradley Cooper & Vin Diesel, nice special effects, good story, the animated characters had a little Star Wars type appeal, etc.. They caught lightning in a bottle. It was suprise hit but they had a really solid foundation and star power.

I just don't see it with Ant-Man. He's corny. I don't think Henry Pym the scientist is interesting enough and his persona of Ant- Man riding on the backs of ants like horseback riding is taken serious enough. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'll bite the bullet:yeshrug:
Chris Pratt off Parks and Rec had approximately 1/100th the fanbase Paul Rudd or Michael Douglas have. Evangeline Lilly is more famous than Chris Pratt was at the time of Guardians

Conz

Superstar
Daps
btw, everyone is still creaming their pants about the Nightcrawler scene from X2 - with good reason, that's the best scene from that overrated as fukk movie and it still probably holds up. I bet you there are multiple scenes like that in this movie that will be awesome. dude will just appear, punch someone in the face, shrink, flip a dude when he's mini, grow, etc. don't get how people don't think that's cool

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Solid point but Guardians was in outer space, had numerous ill characters to juggle, Chris Pratt has a nice fanbase, Zoe Saldana, Benecio Del Toro and more star power with voicing by Bradley Cooper & Vin Diesel, nice special effects, good story, the animated characters had a little Star Wars type appeal, etc.. They caught lightning in a bottle. It was suprise hit but they had a really solid foundation and star power.

I just don't see it with Ant-Man. He's corny. I don't think Henry Pym the scientist is interesting enough and his persona of Ant- Man riding on the backs of ants like horseback riding is taken serious enough. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'll bite the bullet:yeshrug:
let marvel cook:ufdup:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
so you need to see receipts before you can make your own assessment on if something is good? :leon:
like Kobe in that hotel room in colorado :mjlol:
My singular opinion doesn't matter. Let's use something more representative of the public at large as a measure of 'success'.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
watch Marvel just punt this and hope for the best. the tag in Ultron will be them talking about this new "bug" hero and etc, some cool scene, everyone will think it's a nice lead in for Ant-man... then they'll walk past a giant web. the people in your theater will pass out, and then July will roll around, "oh right, Ant-man is a thing."

im excited about the ad campaign for this. first trailer wasn't good, I'll admit that, but the next one HAS to be sick.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:dwillhuh: You can't see Ant-Man jumping in the pic? or were you referring to Yellowjacket? Both of them are in the picture and about to fight. They're all insects at the end of the day:mjpls:
was talking about yellow jacket :mjcry:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ant man could be visually very stimulating. I feel like its going to be a ok movie (cap 1) with some really great scenes. Which at this point, you really can't go wrong with since all marvel movies tie into each other.