Official Ant-Man and The Wasp thread

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just got from the movies a couple of hours ago. I thought the movie was pretty cool. I think I overall like the first one better (probably cuz it just came off so unexpectedly good), tho in true sequel form, they upped the by-the-numbers beats over the first one (budget, effects, etc.). Marvel's reverse aging tech just keeps getting better and better. Michelle Phiffer looked phenomenal and beautiful as ever when she was young (still looked fairly good older as well). Dope to see L. Burner got the young tech treatment too and he looked probably, even ever so slightly, more realistic in it than the other two. I very much like that how it's low-key, a very diverse and multi-cultural casting that just is that, rather than focusing on it being that. That's a great thing that cinema is pushing in the right direction with that here and not just seem like pandering (at times; other movies). Cast was all good and all did their thang here IMO.

Even tho I'm far from a fan of him, and am just whatever about his character, I was still glad to see TI still in the movie. Like someone else mentioned earlier, I was worried from trailer absence that TI wasn't going to be in the movie and just unceremoniously recasted or even the character would've been wholly dismissed from the movie altogether and was actually relieved when he finally showed up to show that wasn't the case. I hate that in any series and it just always looks worse when it's one of our own that it happens to since it happens so often.

Anywho, back to the movie. Jokes and writing overall, I felt weren't quite as sharp/funny as the first movie. Still was funny tho. Action was stepped up from the first one, with the focus on Wasp and that was all to good effect. Her and Ant-man doing team-up combos was pretty dope too. The villainess was only just barely better than the first movie villain. They gave her good grounds of sympathy tho, along with dope power usage and action and that actress is just fukking gorgeous as fukk. I could watch her do whatever all gotdamn day. Pretty fun movie overall. Nothing amazing. I rank it about 7.75 outta 10.

Marvel did an excellent job of showing that The Wasp can more than hold her own in the movie. A lot of times female superheroes and their contributions seem forced (Black Widow) but here by the end of the movie you really want Wasp to have a larger role in the MCU in general. It would also be cool if Ghost made more appearances.

Eh...I wouldn't alway say that Black Widow seems forced. She had some dope action sequences in a few of the movies (IM2, first action scene in Civil War). The thing about Widow that always seemed ridiculous is that she's essentially just a regular, non-powered human woman that is fighting beside super soldiers and literal Gods. With that in mind, they could easily bench her and sub in Daisy, and have a way more effective female team member, lol!

Last edited:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I loved this movie

If it would have been just the raw story it would have been a 3/5

But I was laughing out loud all through this masterpiece

I don't care what anybody says: humor ALWAYS makes movies better

Now you might not like ATTEMPTS at him or that don't land. That gets annoying fast.

But actual humor - stuff that makes you bust out laughing - can never fail

I laughed more at this than the other "funnybook" movies like Ragnorok, GotG, and Deadpool.

I am in awe of the fights involving Ghost and the Pym Gang. One being immaterial and the others being able to vanish into size was just BRILLIANT.

The physics is all over the place, but I'll allow it. Either you have the same stats as a grown man or not. You can ride a flying ant, but you can toss an grown man. One requires the mass of an aphid, the other requires full adult mass.

Another 4/5 from MCU

1/5 = never attempt to watch

2/5 = worthy of laying eyes on in some way but overall not entertaining

3/5 = something to see. You'll get enough to warrant the time spent

4/5 = dope. Fun. You'll be glad you came

5/5 = you need this movie in yer life. You'll watch it anytime it's on FX

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
some of yall reaching about them not being more involved with the IW shyt. LMAO. Not everybody was concerned with Thanos shyt. Muhfukkas always kind of assumed shyt would get handled. I mean, that nikka Wong literally dipped out right in the middle of shyt. :bryan:

That nikka hit Bruce wit the "What y'all finna do?", and stabbed out :russ:

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
it was light funny the whole way:ehh:( except for the ant in the house joke they kept doing) and the action scenes had fun kinetic feel to them
tbh if it wasn't for infinity war I would've waited for this to come on putlocker:krs:
ghost had me scared I was about to switch to #Pawgset then I realized she got melanated heritage:whew:

Now we wait for 2019:sitdown:
#endgame

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
:snoop: fukk, I completely didn't realize homie was supposed to be Jimmie Woo...that actually annoys the fukk out of me :childplease:.

They didn't do that character justice at all :upsetfavre:
i swear yall randomly get "attached" to the most random marvel characters :russ:....guess yall wanted him to be the typical kung fu asian and since he was just a normal fbi agent it annoys u :mjlol:....being mad about the mandarin is one thing but jimmy woo? :laff: cmon brehs

Last edited:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
The 1st act had some problems. Allocating too much time on the wrong things and not spending enough time on Ghost or making her more charismatic. Ghost flashback was unnecessary and would be better told through dialogue. Could of made Ghost a bad ass character, but they really limit her to keep the light tone.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Marvel did a bang up job making Hope look like Veronica Avluv :takedat:

Shout out to Furious Styles making a cameo in the movie :obama:

Evangelina lily did that herself by not aging well, when hot white women get old we also kendra list, Christine Brinkley, Brooke Burke, sela ward, etc

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Thanos ain't shyt

Dusting the Pym family after they just got back together in 30 years :mjcry:

word to everything i love after watching thst scene with my 5 yr old daughter she said "i want to punch thanos in the face"...she had me rolling:russ: . We saw infinity war twice so she knew what the dust meant