OFFICIAL "Animal Ambition" Sales: FLOP! Sells 47k first week...91k after 6 weeks

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
too late for that:mjhehe:

i've never joked about album sales but 50 cent is the one who basically invented this whole first week sales phenomenon. he deserves everything he's getting :banderas:
And yall was bytching about it then. "Just talk about the music fif" ass nikkas.

Now that he putting out music feeding his fans 3 months straight yall on some "he aint shyt if he don't go plat first day" type shyt.

50 got you nikkas turning on yourselves. :mjlol:

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Actually Sale Climate is everything. Also 50 didn't have that Blockbuster single that he always has to push his albums. I agree with people that said this is basically a pressed up mixtape. As far as his relevency. Musically he's took a deep fall but 50 is still very visable in pop culture. As for Ross, what's the point of doing damn near 200k and you can't even get to Gold anymore?

The point is Ross' first week will probably more than double the total sales that Animal Ambition will ever see :lolbron:

You don't need a #1 single to sell 100k+ first week, you just need a loyal fan base that will go out and buy your music........Curtis has a huge stan brigade online but obviously they were too busy making threads about him to go to the store and buy his album :russ:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
if he didn't have joints like the Trey Songz (with a Dre beat he kept in the stash for a couple of years) single or been everywhere on tv, radio etc i wouldn't have been that bothered with people calling it a mixtape with a barcode like JR Writer started doing with the later volumes of his Writers Block series after the Feds shut down Drama and co but 50 did all that and isn't projected to do recoupable numbers.

when 50 was laughing at Fat Joe's numbers was anybody saying "it was good for independent artist" ?
nah, everybody laughed so if people want to gloat and laugh they should..i'd never expect 50 to put up a number like that.

Ross album didn't even have such a forced single to try and shift units.

we might be getting G-Unit freestyles/records or more fukkery all week though to distract people who want to go in on these sales...so.. :feedme:

MiC

Pro
Daps
cant wait for curlys next interview

radio interviewer: so did ur first week sales meet ur expectations?

curly: the actual content of the record dictated the numbers...when lil wayne was released from jail in 2011, he had a mixtape following that slim and baby manufactured within the actual industry...and now trinidad james video has 2.4 million views, but the actual public isnt convinced about him as an artist yet

This is from another thread but needs to be posted here. CLASSIC 50 cent interview style trying to sound like he's saying something but just tabling about nothing

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
how do they project the first weeks sales after only one day?:dahell:
The same way they do election polls with just a few thousand people like 3000 people.
I.e. If you have the first day sales you can look at how album sales historically move during the first week contingent on factors such as genre, e-sales, album store sales, planned events during the week, radio, reviews, tv and more

However, this projection of 30-35k was an early projection, the real projection is released today. I think it'll increase to 40-45.

MiC

Pro
Daps
I have a feeling you may be right Harry they released it very early so a more accurate one should be out today

thewave

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yall clowning off old shyt which is cool

50 been saying for a year or so now he aint gonna sell and he dont care. so its like beating a dead horse cause its not gonna stop him releasing music