Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
:whoo: You got an exact date breh? Time frame maybe?

Naw but googlers been on android websites with the 4.2.2 / new software. As a site owner it tells you which OS system is browsing your forums/site. It also tells you the version of the operating system. This is how 4.2.1 was discovered also. Then again googlers dont try to hide anything. Android police dudes be scooping out everything :russ:. Vic the CFO got busted taking pics with the nexus 10 by going into the pics detail

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
been waiting on this
Google Nexus 4 LG E960 Nillkin Flip cover case

2ed6faad42a2abea9fd017a88bb73b78.jpg

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Google be shytting on the OEMs

Why use MTP instead of USB Mass Storage?
We didn't do this because we wanted to use ext3 (although that is a side benefit.) We did it because we wanted to be able to merge the "public shared storage" (i.e. for music and photos) with the internal private app storage.

We got tired of seeing OEMs include many GB of internal storage for music, while users were still running out of space for apps and data. This approach lets us merge everything on one volume, which is way better.

USB Mass Storage has one big drawback -- when you mount the storage partition (whether it's an SD card or an internal block like the Nexus S has), you've dedicated the entire partition as in use by another machine. This means the original host (that'd be your phone or tablet) doesn't have access to it, and the new host (the computer you've plugged your phone or tablet into) is allowed to do bad things that might mess it all up. That's why moving some applications to the SD card -- and especially widgets -- would sometimes end up in wonkiness.

As a bonus, using MTP means that Android device makers no longer have to use FAT file systems on device storage, and can use ext formatting to make things work a bit better and faster. Devices will still be sold with SDcard slots, and they will be able to use the same USB Mass Storage mode that we're used to, but new devices without removable storage should all use MTP from Ice Cream Sandwich forward.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
:wow: is this why you can still go in and view and play the files while device is still mounted?

Yes and also being able to add files to your phone while mounted and access them in real time. I understand the gripes of those than want/need external storage, but for those that don't MTP is the way to go. Hopefully 32GB becomes the standard storage space in flagship devices in 2013. We've been stuck at 8/16 for waaaay too long now.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
and thats why old phones cant be updated to the new software :snoop: yet people still want SD cards

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yes and also being able to add files to your phone while mounted and access them in real time. I understand the gripes of those than want/need external storage, but for those that don't MTP is the way to go. Hopefully 32GB becomes the standard storage space in flagship devices in 2013. We've been stuck at 8/16 for waaaay too long now.

it will change to 32 gb this year. I dont know what the hell HTC is smoking. Nexus is dev phone it has an excuse...I hope Samsung do away with sd cards.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it will change to 32 gb this year. I dont know what the hell HTC is smoking. Nexus is dev phone it has an excuse...I hope Samsung do away with sd cards.

HTC always comes with something I think will be heat and then gimp it. Off of there own doing. They make great quality devices with great screen and then put a damn 1200ma battery in it. :huhldup:

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
what's the best call blocking app at the moment?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2