Daps
Reppin
NULL
It all depends on what specific features are important to you I guess..

...all I know is operation wise NO phone is fukking with the nexus 4. OK no expandable memory...no extended batteries...that's cool ..but day to day use none of these phones are fukking with this nexus 4 I'm sorry. The speed...the polish...the features of the latest version of android....all apps running without hiccups...the updates when they drop....the screen...and being out of contract >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment from the gs3...literally the only thing I miss is the option of a extended battery...the difference pretty much is me putting my phone on the charger once if I go super hard on my phone. Other than that...shyt is smoother...faster...on the latest android..and the screen is better and even feels better swiping on.

The note 2 is a great device...but personally I could not have that big ass slab as my main phone...its just too big for my liking. Also...I'd much rather rock the latest android when it drops and avoiding some of the minor things that touch wiz brings visually that are still there even with launcher apps like nova (notification menu, phone, etc).

All great phones but if the most important thing to you is efficient operation, polish, speed, the best plan pricing, and immediate official updates....nexus 4 is the no brainer.

One thing I see people never mention is the smoothness of the multitasking on the nexus 4 compared to the note 2 and gs3...shyt is MUCH smoother and quicker...it encourages you to use it more IMO. I remember at times on my gs3 I'd skip even using multitasking to go to and previously opened app because it would take almost a couple seconds of holding the home button before it would pop up...when I could just go back home and click the app in damn near the same amount of time. Even when it is up...it scrolls choppy for some reason...shyt annoyed me even though it wasn't a major deal. On the nexus 4 that what pops up immediately and NEVER lags when scrolling through apps

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It all depends on what specific features are important to you I guess..

...all I know is operation wise NO phone is fukking with the nexus 4. OK no expandable memory...no extended batteries...that's cool ..but day to day use none of these phones are fukking with this nexus 4 I'm sorry. The speed...the polish...the features of the latest version of android....all apps running without hiccups...the updates when they drop....the screen...and being out of contract >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment from the gs3...literally the only thing I miss is the option of a extended battery...the difference pretty much is me putting my phone on the charger once if I go super hard on my phone. Other than that...shyt is smoother...faster...on the latest android..and the screen is better and even feels better swiping on.

The note 2 is a great device...but personally I could not have that big ass slab as my main phone...its just too big for my liking. Also...I'd much rather rock the latest android when it drops and avoiding some of the minor things that touch wiz brings visually that are still there even with launcher apps like nova (notification menu, phone, etc).

All great phones but if the most important thing to you is efficient operation, polish, speed, the best plan pricing, and immediate official updates....nexus 4 is the no brainer.

One thing I see people never mention is the smoothness of the multitasking on the nexus 4 compared to the note 2 and gs3...shyt is MUCH smoother and quicker...it encourages you to use it more IMO. I remember at times on my gs3 I'd skip even using multitasking to go to and previously opened app because it would take almost a couple seconds of holding the home button before it would pop up...when I could just go back home and click the app in damn near the same amount of time. Even when it is up...it scrolls choppy for some reason...shyt annoyed me even though it wasn't a major deal. On the nexus 4 that what pops up immediately and NEVER lags when scrolling through apps

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
How are you going to talk about multi tasking when the note 2 has multi window?
Here, just read.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2019280

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
What are the wireless charging options for the N4? The orb isn't even out right? Any mats?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:heh:

This is the first time I've heard about the GS3/Note phones having inferior radios in them. I know for a fact that my wife's GS3 picks up LTE much better than my EVO, and it's been well documented also.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

This is the first time I've heard about the GS3/Note phones having inferior radios in them. I know for a fact that my wife's GS3 picks up LTE much better than my EVO, and it's been well documented also.

It's very hard to know which phones have better radios just by looking. I just found out that my Galaxy Nexus has been lying to me about the service I've been getting for almost a full year. Used to think I always got great service. Updated the phone and saw all my service being down at least one bar... Thinking something was wrong with the update, did some research and found out the update gave MORE accurate service readings :damn:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York

Samsung phones in general. Everybody knows Motorola uses the best radios in their phones. You get better signal. That's why people buy moto phones. LG phones use good radios also. HTC and Samsung are hit or miss. Google Samsung weak radio

Sent from my Nexus 4

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's very hard to know which phones have better radios just by looking. I just found out that my Galaxy Nexus has been lying to me about the service I've been getting for almost a full year. Used to think I always got great service. Updated the phone and saw all my service being down at least one bar... Thinking something was wrong with the update, did some research and found out the update gave MORE accurate service readings :damn:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Not in this case.

For LTE the signal indicator doesn't go by what's shown in the notification bar.

Settings > About Phone > Status > Signal Strength

When you're connected to LTE, the lower your dBm number the stronger your connection is. I've researched this quite a bit with my phone.

With the GS3 it would show a lower number than the EVO LTE when they were sitting side by side. That's how I know it has a better radio than my phone. Can't comment on it compared to the N4 though.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
As i said before... the GS3 and the EVO 4G LTE uses the same radio... If there is an issue with either, then it's a software/driver problem, which most of the time is easily fixed by flashing a newer/different radio/baseband dump.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Not in this case.

For LTE the signal indicator doesn't go by what's shown in the notification bar.

Settings > About Phone > Status > Signal Strength

When you're connected to LTE, the lower your dBm number the stronger your connection is. I've researched this quite a bit with my phone.

With the GS3 it would show a lower number than the EVO LTE when they were sitting side by side. That's how I know it has a better radio than my phone. Can't comment on it compared to the N4 though.

Motorola phones will display the lowest dBm because it has the best radio. It leads to moto phones having the best battery life because it doesn't drop signals.

Sent from my Nexus 4

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As i said before... the GS3 and the EVO 4G LTE uses the same radio... If there is an issue with either, then it's a software/driver problem, which most of the time is easily fixed by flashing a newer/different radio/baseband dump.

:stopitslime:

I've flashed the latest JB Stock ROM with the newest radios/baseband on the phone and it still doesn't compare to the GS3's signal as far as connecting to LTE.

I also flashed CM10 on it as well, and it's the same thing. I can take a picture of both phones side by side showing their dBm numbers and the GS3 will be much lower.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
:stopitslime:

I've flashed the latest JB Stock ROM with the newest radios/baseband on the phone and it still doesn't compare to the GS3's signal as far as connecting to LTE.

I also flashed CM10 on it as well, and it's the same thing. I can take a picture of both phones side by side showing their dBm numbers and the GS3 will be much lower.

I don't know what to tell you breh... could be a defective product, could be a design flaw with the EVO or it could be that Samsung different materials for the GS3. Unless you got another EVO to compare it to then :manny: but both phones use the exact same chipset with the same LTE Radio/baseband.