Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What did you have before?

iPhone 4. Tired of that :flabbynsick: iOS. Threw that shyt in the bushes. If there is a heaven, this must be it. :ahh:

How responsive this shyt is :lawd:

Widgets :noah:

Not seeing rows of fukking icons :ohlawd:

The customization. The options :whoo:

This big ass beautiful screen :to:

Should i root this shyt? People say stock android is always the best. But I'm feeling touchwiz. I do kinda want to get rid of these samsung apps though. I ain't tryna see 3 music apps :merchant:

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
iPhone 4. Tired of that :flabbynsick: iOS. Threw that shyt in the bushes. If there is a heaven, this must be it. :ahh:

Should i root this shyt? People say stock android is always the best. But I'm feeling touchwiz. I do kinda want to get rid of these samsung apps though. I ain't tryna see 3 music apps :merchant:

Welcome to the team breh, I did the same thing you did a few months ago, went from a 4s to a s3 and now i have a nexus 4 ..there is no going back breh. Not really any need to root the s3 unless you want a stock rom (pure Google without any Samsung apps or overlays) or you want to tether. Stock Roms on the s3 is piff but if you want a 100% stock experience by Google and instant updates youll have to get a nexus. The cm10 (stock ROM) for s3 is still buggy

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Welcome to the team breh, I did the same thing you did a few months ago, went from a 4s to a s3 and now i have a nexus 4 ..there is no going back breh. Not really any need to root the s3 unless you want a stock rom (pure Google without any Samsung apps or overlays) or you want to tether. Stock Roms on the s3 is piff but if you want a 100% stock experience by Google and instant updates youll have to get a nexus. The cm10 (stock ROM) for s3 is still buggy

breh im thinking about selling my s3 for the nexus 4 just because cm10 is so buggy. i love the cm10 rom but the homebutton lockscreen wouldn't always wake up the phone. gps navi wouldnt lock on etc etc

how is the nexus 4 compared to the s3?

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Yeah I found out disabling those apps hides them anyway so I'm good.

Hmmm. My home button is a little loose brehs. Should I be worried or is that common/normal :merchant:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I might cop an Optimus L9 for $199 and go off contract. $60 per month unlimited everything is sounding good right now.

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Get nova launcher. I got that on my note 2 to keep it as stock as I can.

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
breh im thinking about selling my s3 for the nexus 4 just because cm10 is so buggy. i love the cm10 rom but the homebutton lockscreen wouldn't always wake up the phone. gps navi wouldnt lock on etc etc

how is the nexus 4 compared to the s3?

Its much faster, and smoother. And stock jelly bean 4.2 is :whoo:....best phone I ever had by far. $30 plan from T-Mobile is unbeatable right now so I'm good off this nexus 4.

Also getting any future updates the day it comes out is big, if you ever had any android phone other than a nexus then you'll know how bad it is. That's enough to buy a nexus alone

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
better tethering app than foxfi? I have been using that lately and while I like it I am still looking for something with more options.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got a nexus 7 for Christmas. Time to throw the kindle my job gave me last year in the bushes

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Verizon accidentally leaked android 4.1.2 for the original droid razr :snoop:

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/12/24/original-droid-razr-receiving-mysteriously-large-331mb-update-as-build-98-72-8/

Update 5: Here is a download link Dev-Host - Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service (via Shamo316) to the file for those that want to venture into the land of Jelly Bean. I should warn you that we do not know if this is a final build or not. It could be, but today’s update push also may have been a giant mistake. Proceed with caution. Drop on SD card (not internal storage), boot into recovery, select the file and update. Need to be on .211.

Manually install update:
◾Download file from above and drop on SD card (not internal storage)
◾Power phone off
◾Hold Power and both Volume Up and Down until boot screen appears
◾From boot screen, scroll down to “Recovery” with Volume Down
◾Press Volume Up to select it once it has been highlighted
◾When Android and exclamation show up, press both Volumes at the same time.
◾Then “install update from external storage” and find the file.

Screenshot_2012-12-24-11-22-24-365x650.png

jelly-bean1-365x650.jpg

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Verizon accidentally leaked android 4.1.2 for the original droid razr :snoop:

Original DROID RAZR Receiving Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Build 98.72.8 (Updated) – Droid Life

Update 5: Here is a download link Dev-Host - Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service (via Shamo316) to the file for those that want to venture into the land of Jelly Bean. I should warn you that we do not know if this is a final build or not. It could be, but today’s update push also may have been a giant mistake. Proceed with caution. Drop on SD card (not internal storage), boot into recovery, select the file and update. Need to be on .211.

Manually install update:
◾Download file from above and drop on SD card (not internal storage)
◾Power phone off
◾Hold Power and both Volume Up and Down until boot screen appears
◾From boot screen, scroll down to “Recovery” with Volume Down
◾Press Volume Up to select it once it has been highlighted
◾When Android and exclamation show up, press both Volumes at the same time.
◾Then “install update from external storage” and find the file.

Screenshot_2012-12-24-11-22-24-365x650.png

jelly-bean1-365x650.jpg

Let me know when this is confirmed to work like a final build so I can hook my mom up with her xmas present :shaq: