Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Apple iPhone found to infringe on three MobileMedia patents in US court

Bloomberg News is reporting this morning that Apple's iPhone has been found to infringe on three MobileMedia patents in a US court. For those unaware, MobileMedia is an outfit that's owned by Sony, MPEG-LA and Nokia, being formed in early 2010 mostly as a means to enforce patents owned by the trio. Earlier this year, a court ruled that a screen rotation patent suit couldn't go to trial, with the primary issue being a question of whether the iPhone's rotation and call rejection features violated patents held by Sony and Nokia. We're digging for more details and will update this story as it develops.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
1) I'ma use Nova Launcher Prime on the optimus G so the LG u.i is irrelevant. I didn't even use Touchwiz on my epic, i used launcher pro

2) G is on ICS but only temporarily its getitng jellybean this month, plus i'm still on gingerbread so the upgrade to 4.0 will keep me happy until i get 4.1

3) the only thing i'm seeing that is better about the s3 is "popularity" "phone aesthetics" and a better camera however the G has a 13mp camera:wdff:

Bro dont do it to yourself :dwillhuh: Why not buy a nexus 4?? :cook:

GS3 4.1.2 is rolling out overseas :win:

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Google Stock Jumps Above $700 After Maps Returns to iOS :pacspit:

fc86edebc52a28ab12cee04051e9cbbc.png

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Nexus Availability Update: Nexus 7 16GB, Nexus 10 32GB, and Nexus 4 8GB “Sold Out”

Many of you may be making final holiday present preparations, so we thought an update to the status of the Nexus lineup in the Google Play was in store. If you were planning to pickup a Nexus 4 8GB, Nexus 7 16GB, or Nexus 10 32GB, you should probably consider other options. The 8GB version of the Nexus 4 has been sold out for at least a week, the 16GB version of the Nexus 7 joined it this week, and the 32GB version of the Nexus 10 flipped to “Sold Out” this morning. In the past, we have seen the shipping estimate extended for devices rather than a dead-end “Sold Out,” so they really must be struggling to keep up with demand.

Also, the 16GB version of the Nexus 4 is now shipping in 6-7 weeks, however, a number of folks are reporting much quicker shipping times. I for one received mine in about 3 weeks after having been told it would take 4-5. The 16GB Nexus 10 and two other Nexus 7 options are all at 3-5 business days, so they are still in play.

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I would but there's no guarantee that the s4 is more powerful then the optimus g. IMO the G has the specs of a 2013 holiday phone

That shyt is pretty much a guarantee. The dual core they have running in the Nexus 10 almost keeps up with the Optimus G while pushing that high resolution screen. Can you imagine what the quad core version of that processor in a 5 inch phone would do? :whew:

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
which carrier t-mobile?

Yeah HSPA+ > Sprint speed

Walmart.com: Save money. Live better.

The unlocked GSM phone straight from Google is definitely superior to the Sprint controlled CDMA phone as far as software, updates, freedom, lack of garbage apps forced on you, battery life (even though you won't get great battery life on either), and other random things. The no-contract Tmobile plan is better than the contract Sprint plan for both the lack of contract and the greatly reduced cost.

Assuming you have decent Tmobile coverage where you live, you will get much better speeds with Tmobile than with Sprint. Sprint has the worst speeds nationwide of any carrier. Where I live, Sprint data speeds, regardless of whether you have 3g or 4g, average 100Kbps and this is not unusual for Sprint anywhere, although if you live in one of the few places with decent Sprint speeds then you can factor that in for yourself.

With the unlocked GSM phone with no-contract plan, you can always switch service providers, switch sims, switch plans, etc. Sprint you are stuck with. As long as you have decent Tmobile coverage where you live/work, I would go with them and the unlocked phone regardless of which plan you choose. I have the $30 plan and am happy with it.

If you need a lot of minutes and don't want to use one of the voip workarounds or if having roaming is important to you, then I would go with one of the tmobile value plans rather than Sprint anyway. It will still be cheaper, the phone can still be used internationally and on other service providers in the US, you will still get faster speeds, you will not have to deal with Sprint software, and you will get the latest updates immediately, as well as being able to mod your phone easier if you choose.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Dropbox Buys Streaming Media Company 'AudioGalaxy' - Is A Cloud-Based Streaming Music Service In The Works?

nexusae0_1_thumb36.png

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS:noah:

Where can I get some Nexus 7 accessories? I need covers and all that. Christmas is coming:noah: