GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ahh:

The joys of unlimited data.

Have my home ISP connection maxed out downloading a BRRip on the desktop, so I my tether phone's connection to my laptop so I can still do work and browse the net without any hiccups.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loving this nexus 4...I'm noticing little extra steps I don't have to take with this phone that I had to with my gs3...can't stress enough how much this thing flies through the os.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Same shyt. Some would argue its better than stock 4.2.1. Smh. It an based off aosp with more features.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe you weren't paying attention...dude wasn't talking roms. Even said he doesn't want them. And no...It's not the same. Stock always runs best on my phones

Mac071415

Go spurs
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Maybe you weren't paying attention...dude wasn't talking roms. Even said he doesn't want them. And no...It's not the same. Stock always runs best on my phones

Lol. Try using a different kernel and report back.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Always...sometimes it may seem like they are better cuz of a few features...but stability wise...naaaaa. I learned a lot messing around with my galaxy nexus..I was never really heavy into rom'ing before I got my nexus...then I decided to just go all out for like a month trying everything....one ROM worked damn near flawless for like 3 weeks then out the fukkin blue it messes up while I'm on the job and I had to revert back when I needed my phone to work properly the most. Roms are cool but my phone is too important on the job to have shyt like that happen randomly

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE Android 4.1.2 update package emerges | Android Central

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE Android 4.1.2 update package emerges

note-2-review-04_0.jpg

Samsung has been hard at work preparing Android 4.1.2 updates for a number of its Galaxy smartphones, and it seems the first device to get the upgrade will be the international 4G LTE version of the Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7105). That's the version that supports LTE on Euro-friendly 800, 1800 and 2600 MHz bands, not to be confused with the 3G/HSPA-only version we reviewed back in October.

Today's firmware package comes via unofficial Samsung update archive Samsung-Updates.com, which shows it has the build number N7105XXDLK7. The version available right now has Vodafone South Africa branding, but that shouldn't stop it working on other carriers' Note 2 LTE devices, assuming they carry the model number GT-N7105. We imagine we'll begin to see Android 4.1.2 rolling out over-the-air for various Samsung devices soon. Earlier rumors had suggested the first Samsung 4.1.2 updates were due to begin in December.

Android 4.1.2 is a minor update to the OS, introduced in October, shortly before Android 4.2 hit. Aside from the usual bug fixes and tweaks, the most visible changes include subtle alterations to the way the notification shade works -- in 4.1.2, notifications can be expanded with a single finger swipe down.

Fingers crossed for more Samsung updates later in the month. The Galaxy S3's 4.1.2 update is rumored to include a particularly tasty festive treat, in the form of the multi-window feature from the Galaxy Note 2

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Them shyts is :scusthov: If you gonna make some headphones, at least let them shyts look fly

Polk Audio announcing 3 new headphones made specifically for Android | Android Central

Polk Audio announcing 3 new headphones made specifically for Android

uf2000a-cropped.png

Polk Audio, makers of quality headphones and speaker systems, is announcing today that it will be offering three different headphones made specifically to work with Android devices. The headphones offer full call, volume and music controls with microphones as well. The models are part of the "UltraFit" line and are appended with "a" in the model name to indicate their functionality. You'll find the UltraFit 1000a, 2000a and 3000a are available now in the $70 to $100 price range.

Although there is a spec for headphones that work with Android devices, we've yet to see quite the set of offerings that users of Apple devices have had for years. Hopefully with Polk kicking things off, other manufacturers can follow suit.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Jelly Bean begins pushing for the Droid RAZR HD/MAXX | Android Central

Jelly Bean begins pushing for the Droid RAZR HD/MAXX

droid-razr-hd-jelly-bean.jpeg

With the official 'heads up' having arrived last week, Droid RAZR HD and Droid RAZR HD MAXX owners can now delight in the wonder that is Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. By now, we're sure you are all aware of the enhancements that come with it but just in case you're not, Motorola has outlined a few of the finer additions on the blog:

• Google Now – Shouldn’t your phone be able to anticipate what you’ll need throughout your day? With Google Now, you get answers before you even have to ask. Real-time notifications let you know whether you should pack an umbrella for later in the day or if you need to grab the train to avoid the accident that’s backing up I-495. Plus, you’ll receive the score of your favorite team’s game from last night. Though Google Now can’t make your morning coffee, it will provide you the convenience you want to keep you one step ahead.
  • Voice Search – Want a voice-search experience that doesn’t only work in TV ads? Google Voice Search on Android™ 4.1 lets you speak your questions directly into your phone. Run a quick search that will give you everything from great Italian restaurants on the Lower East Side to the next train leaving from Clark and Lake. And if you want to test Google Voice Search’s foreign language skills, go ahead. It currently supports 34 languages from around the globe.
  • Richer Notifications – Its always good to see a missed call or new email notification, but wouldn’t you rather just take action? With Android™ 4.1, now you can. You just received a meeting reminder and know your call is running long. No problem, you can tap once to email the team that you’ll be there in a few minutes. Missed calls can be returned with a single tap, all right from the notification shade.

There are plenty of bug fixes in place plus, the preloaded Color application has been removed only to be replaced by the Amazon suite of apps, same as what we've seen on the Droid DNA. If you've not grabbed the update yet, go ahead and check for updates. If you have, make sure you stop by the Android Central forums and let us know how things are going for you.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Sony pushing out software updates for Xperias P, U, Go, Sola | Android Central

sony-xperia.jpg

Sony Mobile has announced that it's pushing out new software updates for four of its ST-Ericsson NovaThor-based mid-range smartphones, the Xperia P, Xperia U, Xperia Go and Xperia Sola. The latest firmware is still based on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich; Xperia owners will be waiting until 2013 before Jelly Bean lands on their devices.

Bug fixes and performance tweaks are the order of the day, including stability fixes, as well as improvements to Wifi connectivity, tethering, camera, NFC and messaging.

Owners of Xperia U, Go and Sola already running ICS-based firmware should get the new update automatically over-the-air. Xperia P owners may have to wait a little longer, as roll-out will depend on carrier approval and other conditions. Sony advises anyone still running Gingerbread on one of these phones to download the PC Companion or Mac Bridge app to update manually.

All 2012 Xperia phones are due to be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean in early 2013, although Sony has not yet offered upgrade timeframes for early 2012 Xperias. An announcement regarding release timing for Jelly Bean on the Xperia S is expected in mid-December.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Samsung bout to drop that S4. Specs will probably be a beast :whoo:

Rumor mill hints at upcoming Samsung phones and tablets | Android Central

samsung-ifa_4.jpg

It should come as no surprise that Samsung is working on next-gen smartphones and tablets -- after all, every major manufacturer is engaged in the development of new products. But the latest round of rumors from SamMobile could shed some light on specific details of Samsung's upcoming tablets and phones. The site has proved accurate with earlier Samsung leaks, so we're inclined to give these reports a bit more time than the average Internet rumor.

Citing sources in Samsung's native South Korea, SamMobile claims the next-generation Galaxy S device (think Galaxy S4) is known internally as "Project J," and that current timetables call for an announcement in April 2013. As the Galaxy S3 was unveiled in London in early May this year, that means we could see a successor launch as the S3 turns one year old.

A new, budget-friendly Galaxy Note variant is also reportedly in the works. Apparently aimed at the European market and lacking S Pen support, the device likely won't wear the "Galaxy Note" branding if and when it appears. SamMobile speculates that Samsung might not use its leading HD SuperAMOLED display tech in this device.

Finally, a 13.3-inch ASUS Transformer-style device -- a tablet with QWERTY keyboard dock -- is also said to be planned, though there's no word on whether this will run Android, Windows or some other OS.

The "Galaxy S4" or "Project J" reports aren't particularly surprising; most manufacturers tend to release a new flagship phone every twelve months. But the introduction of a large-screen device with a more budget-oriented price tag would be an interesting development indeed -- right now, more affordable devices tend to top out at around 4.3 inches.

We'd take these latest rumors with a pinch of salt in any case. No doubt we'll learn more about Samsung's upcoming mobile devices at the CES and MWC shows over the next few months.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Verizon Galaxy Note 2 rooted | Android Central

note2-root.jpg

The Verizon edition of the Galaxy Note 2 now has a root method. As is par for the course with Samsung phones, you'll need to use ODIN and flash a rooted image file, but that's not nearly as difficult as it sounds.

It's worth noting that this method introduces a couple bugs, namely a broken signal indicator (data still works, just the indicator is broken) and some folks say the phone isn't as smooth as it was with the factory image.

These issues are both being worked on, and we imagine a rooted factory image will soon be available that keeps everything as it should be while just adding files needed for root.

It's also worth mentioning that this is just root, not a custom recovery or a full bootloader unlock. Chances are someone with access will show up with files needed to rectify this, but in the meantime know that you won't be able to flash ROMs and kernels until some work-arounds are figured out.

In our own forums, DroidXcon is back and will soon have the newbie friendly version ready if you're a bit lost on some of the methods and commands used.

We'll keep a close eye on this one, and let you know as things progress.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
fukk HTC

Sent from my bullshyt ass HTC EVO LTE still on Ice cream sandwich