JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
In a perfect, upgraded service area, T-Mobile is fast. The problem is those are few and far between. Plus, T-Mobile uses high wavelength spectrum, which penetrates walls for shyt, compounding the problem. And AT&T won't be upgrading their hspa+ since they've started going LTE. That 700 mhz LTE (vzw, at&t) is where it's at.

If you live in a great T-Mobile area and don't travel, awesome. Many people, myself included, are just shocked that Google would not include an LTE version. They've been pushing the technology boundary this whole time, and this just feels like a step back. That's the main issue I think.

I feel like come the first of the year they'll try to do something for nexus fans on big red. We'll see.

There's nothing to be shocked about. The Nexus program was never about porting about the best device. It was about putting out a developers phone with a stock version of Android that served as an example of what manufacturers should standardize. A few important factors go along with this goal: a) no bloatware, b) no carrier branding, and most importantly c) instant updates. There is simply NO WAY at this point for Google to release a dev phone through CDMA carriers while maintaining the integrity of Nexus devices.

Now I see people up in arms about no LTE forgetting that Google did this a year ago with both Verizon and Sprint in an experiment that completely and utterly failed. Verizon not only delayed the OTA updates for the Nexus, but they didn't even promote the device to make it worth Google's time. In case you guys weren't aware, CDMA carriers were the last to update their Nexus devices. That just doesn't go along with the goal here.

So I'll end with this... if one of the most important things to you isn't getting the latest Android updates, them sorry, this phone isn't for you. And no, Google shouldn't release a LTE version because it's "standard."

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps
There's nothing to be shocked about. The Nexus program was never about porting about the best device. It was about putting out a developers phone with a stock version of Android that served as an example of what manufacturers should standardize. A few important factors go along with this goal: a) no bloatware, b) no carrier branding, and most importantly c) instant updates. There is simply NO WAY at this point for Google to release a dev phone through CDMA carriers while maintaining the integrity of Nexus devices.

Now I see people up in arms about no LTE forgetting that Google did this a year ago with both Verizon and Sprint in an experiment that completely and utterly failed. Verizon not only delayed the OTA updates for the Nexus, but they didn't even promote the device to make it worth Google's time. In case you guys weren't aware, CDMA carriers were the last to update their Nexus devices. That just doesn't go along with the goal here.

So I'll end with this... if one of the most important things to you isn't getting the latest Android updates, them sorry, this phone isn't for you. And no, Google shouldn't release a LTE version because it's "standard."

I have a nexus on vzw. I'm well aware of the issues. Slow updates or not (not a problem for me since I don't rely on OTAs), it's still the only phone I'd consider owning right now.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
T-Mobile is fast depending on where you live.

In Inwood I got great service with T-Mobile, but as soon as I visited my girl in Queens/LI my service would slow to a crawl and since she lived in a basement...it was 1 bar status most of the time.

Great service in Lexington also, actually better than AT&T. I was tempted to jump to verizon because of my discount at work, but I am not about data caps...unacceptable.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
:comeon: He's actually dropped a bunch of news before anybody else regarding android. Today was the first time in a long time I've seen the dude be wrong about some android shyt. Most of the android news over the past news has been posted by RBK
:whoo:

This is nothing you don't already get from a basic rss feed or from a site like Reddit. He doesn't have anything new or groundbreaking otherwise he'd a hired writer.

If the coli is your main source of news then I guess he's helpful. :manny: But the majority of us know he's a clown.

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
I keep hearing nikkas yapping about lte, Googles wants to control their updates and to be able to sell their phones cheap. What are yall not getting about that? lte chips are expensive and carriers want to add bloat to the devices which cripples the update process. Seen what happened to gnex?

Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps
I keep hearing nikkas yapping about lte, Googles wants to control their updates and to be able to sell their phones cheap. What are yall not getting about that? lte chips are expensive and carriers want to add bloat to the devices which cripples the update process. Seen what happened to gnex?

Apple does just that. Google needs to get some negotiators on their team and go to work.

Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps
This is nothing you don't already get from a basic rss feed or from a site like Reddit. He doesn't have anything new or groundbreaking otherwise he'd a hired writer.

If the coli is your main source of news then I guess he's helpful. :manny: But the majority of us know he's a clown.

Exactly. He's just reposting droid life and some other site's articles. Kind of pointless. Just follow them on Twitter and be done with it.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Apple does just that. Google needs to get some negotiators on their team and go to work.

At the end of the day these carriers don't five two fukks unless your phone moving units and Verizon gives even less of a fukk if they're name isn't branded on the phone. Negotiating ain't gonna do shyt unless the Nexus can sell on its own (see the iPhone, see the Galaxy S series). So if you want your LTE Nexus phone then either buy Nexus or tell a friend to (and do it with the GSM versions only)

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

:beli: most of us come here before any RSS feed or reddit. Stop it, he's the main nikka dropping news in here before most of us even peep it. And his clown behavior is beside the point in this instant, he's been very tolerable recently. No need to shyt on the breh as soon as he makes his one mistake

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York

Exactly. I don't know why they put the nexus on a carrier network. Nexus S and G.nex are failure. They don't sell enough to justify being on a carrier network. The nexus is a Google side project. Where they put the envelope. Being on a carrier just doesn't make any sense

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't get me wrong..I get WHY they did it..doesn't negate the fact that not having Lte sucks...no matter how you sugar coat it...once you have it..its sucks to go back...just saying.

I'm hoping what that article said happening in the future is true..I'd love to have a true Google phone that has Lte...its truly convenient as hell to have data speeds that are 25-30mb at any time (what I get in my area)

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Don't get me wrong..I get WHY they did it..doesn't negate the fact that not having Lte sucks...no matter how you sugar coat it...once you have it..its sucks to go back...just saying.

I'm hoping what that article said happening in the future is true..I'd love to have a true Google phone that has Lte...its truly convenient as hell to have data speeds that are 25-30mb at any time (what I get in my area)

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

You know that google never sold any unlock LTE G.nexus in their plauy store right?? They sold unlock GSM models. They started to sell the 5 months after the LTE model hit shelf. The slow update process from verizon frustated them. If you want stock android either root or buy a motorola phone since Its close to stock android with LTE. Nexus is a side project. I blame google for the confusion. Nexus is a gumbo experiment.....it shows the power of the ASOP. Google gimped on the specs for both the nexus s and gnex. The nexus 4 matched the nexus one vision. The nexus line is now created to push the ecosystem. Nexus 10 is made not to be a ipad killer but to inspire the android base and app devs. Let reviewers bash the phone it doesnt matter. Android needed this in their portfolio. They did it for the people. GSM is the worldwide standard

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't have LTE noway and I doubt we will get it since waco and austin got it but they said fukk us.