Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're basically downloading it to your phone yes. Just don't try to look for it physically without getting a headache

Well that's defeating the purpose...its using my space on my phone. I want access too all my shyt without having to use data. I don't mind when I'm on WiFi but like I said...at work I don't have WiFi...I literally play atleast 4 hours of music a day at work. My hard drive space is down to under a gig right now.

Nobody wants to download whole albums using 4g when they don't have to. I have 6gig data cap...which is well over enough for my normal stream needs with good hard drive space...if I have to use the cloud all the time then I can that shyt getting shaky.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
The Nexus 4 doesn't have LTE because, unlike the iPhone 5, it's not a flagship phone, and was never intended to be

There's quite a bit of schadenfreude ricochetting through the Apple community (and grumbling in the Android camp) today after Google's latest phone, the Nexus 4, was announced without support for fast LTE 4G networking. That's because the iPhone 5 has support not only for LTE, but for international LTE, all wrapped up in an incredible thin, decently long-lifed package. And Android certainly is no stranger to LTE. If Apple can add it for its flagship phone, and many an Android manufacturer has LTE (like, all of them), why can't Google? It's actually more a matter of "won't," not "can't." Simply put, the Nexus 4 isn't, was never intended to be, and could never be a flagship phone.

Arguably no Nexus phone has been a "flagship" since the first one, the HTC Nexus One. The Nexus One was an Android phone from the future, with features we wouldn't see in the rest of the line, much less other platforms, for months to come. It was aspirational, as compelling in hardware as software. And Google couldn't sell it. Not to customers via its web store, and not to carriers, which already had to deal with an uncontrollable Apple and weren't about to let Google secure that kind of power.

So, instead of a Nexus Two, Google teamed with Samsung to ship the Nexus S. It wasn't an Android phone from the future by any stretch of the imagination, it was a summation of what had gone on with Android the year before. It still satisfied the demands of geeks and developers for an unlocked phone with the latest, greatest version of the Android software, but it did so safely, leaving plenty of room at the top of the hardware food chain for the next generation of carrier and manufacturer phones.

The also-by-Samsung Galaxy Nexus did likewise. It had the very best and most up-to-date version of Android software, but Its camera sucked, a GSM/LTE version never shipped, and it compromised the very nature of Nexus to get on Verizon.

The point of Nexus, at least to me, at least originally, was Android as Google intended, not only free from carrier and manufacturer shenanigans, but showing those ne'er-do-wells a better, brighter path forward. And the carriers and manufacturers killed it for that very reason.

I don't think there's an Android geek on the planet who wouldn't have rather had a fantastic camera in the Galaxy Nexus, along with every other cutting-edge bell and whistle imaginable, even if it drove up the price to something comparable with flagship phones. I don't think there's anyone reading a Mobile Nations site who wouldn't prefer a Nexus 4 with LTE. Conversely, any developer in charge of a test bed with 37 existing Android phones on it probably prays every night the next one is as cheap and dirty as possible, just to keep costs down and their business in business.

If you're walking into an Apple Store, carrier store, or electronics retailer with your eyes set on an iPhone 5, the Nexus 4 isn't meant to be on your radar. The Nexus 4 isn't aimed at the masses and isn't intended to sell in the tens of millions. It isn't allowed to be, not in scope or in strategy, much as Google might wish it. The Nexus 4, in the current incarnation of the Google Play Store, is aimed at geeks and developers as a non-flagship phone that does its best to meet both their diverging needs, while leaving plenty of room at the top for their carrier and manufacturing partners that do intend to compete with the iPhone 5.

If anyone is looking for an alternative to Apple, for an Android flagship phone with LTE and all sorts of other amenities, Samsung, HTC, LG, and their ilk will more than happily sell them, and everyone else one, by the millions, or tens of millions.

That's what the Samsung Galaxy S 3 and HTC One X and other, carrier flagships are for.

It's not, nor was it ever intended to be, what the Nexus 4 is for.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Well that's defeating the purpose...its using my space on my phone. I want access too all my shyt without having to use data. I don't mind when I'm on WiFi but like I said...at work I don't have WiFi...I literally play atleast 4 hours of music a day at work. My hard drive space is down to under a gig right now.

:beli: 1 GB is more or less 16 hours worth of music. Like I said, you don't need 16 GB's worth of music on your phone. There's no possibility of you actually listening to all of that within a month (especially if you're the type to run shyt back). That's why cloud storage works best for you because in the rare event that you didn't sync a song/album you can just take a quick walk to a wifi/4g spot and sync it to listen. Not to mention that any songs that you stream off of the cloud is temporarily pinned instantly.

don't knock it til you try it

Nobody wants to download whole albums using 4g when they don't have to.
I do it all the time with no issues. You barely even notice it.

I have 6gig data cap...which is well over enough for my normal stream needs with good hard drive space...if I have to use the cloud all the time then I can that shyt getting shaky.
Like someone said earlier, just pin your faves over wifi. Or do like I do...create a quick playlist with albums that you're listening to and pin that. 6 gig data cap should be more than enough. You'll never listen to 6gigs of music in a month.

Wiirdo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, definitely buying a Nexus 4 for Christmas. shyt looks :ahh:

When is it coming to Europe and how much do you think it'll cost?

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Jmurder you are making too much sense lol :whew:

pin is a key feature

I'm only explaining it to the homey cause I know how it feels. We're both music hoarders, and need to have all our music on us at any given moment. It wasn't until Google Music dropped that I realized having all that music on my phone was really just a waste of space. Honestly, half of the music in my Google Music is shyt that I'll probably never listen to again. I really gotta spend some time one day just cleaning my shyt out. Too much music...way too much

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
I redid my shyt also...google music have to get better st grabbing album art over though. Its still in beta in some areas

The potential is there

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
how much free space you get with the cloud?

which cloud you looking into breh?

If you cop a ChromeBook you get 100GB from Google Drive free (otherwise 5GB)
Dropbox will spot you about 3 free (but you can earn more)
Box.com will spot you 5GB off top
Microsoft Skydrive will give you 7GB (used to be 25GB tho :noah:)

If you looking for music storage, Google Music will let you drop 20,000 songs (although I was able to put up a few more than that) on the cloud with no backtalk

I used to use another app but I can't think of the name. It used to let me use basically all of my music, but it wasn't as polished as Google Music imo. Soon as I remember I'll link it

Edit: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.audiogalaxy&hl=en

From what I remember, this app was basically useless without wifi or data of some kind. Looks like the pay version allows you to pin/download music to your device

I also forgot Amazon Cloud Music Player. It's not worth it imo though

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
which cloud you looking into breh?

If you cop a ChromeBook you get 100GB from Google Drive free (otherwise 5GB)
Dropbox will spot you about 3 free (but you can earn more)
Box.com will spot you 5GB off top
Microsoft Skydrive will give you 7GB (used to be 25GB tho :noah:)

If you looking for music storage, Google Music will let you drop 20,000 songs (although I was able to put up a few more than that) on the cloud with no backtalk

I used to use another app but I can't think of the name. It used to let me use basically all of my music, but it wasn't as polished as Google Music imo. Soon as I remember I'll link it
i got 50 free gigs from dropbox with the Note 2

im trying to see how much if any you will get from google for copping the nexus

im guessing if they do give you free space it would be with google drive

edit: good looking on the Google Music info tho,i been sleeping but im bout to start using that shyt too

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
i got 50 free gigs from dropbox with the Note 2

im trying to see how much if any you will get from google for copping the nexus

im guessing if they do give you free space it would be with google drive

yeah pretty much...it would be dope if they give free space with any of the Nexus devices. I don't think they've announced that though. Like I said, purchasing a Chromebook will net you 100GB's for 2 years