Daps
Reppin
NULL
Google Music allows you to pin your tracks. If you're not using Google Music :comeon:

Use 5GB's for your favorite/new tracks/albums to play (on PowerAmp :whoo:) and you still have a grip of space

Correct me if I'm wrong...but if I "pin" a song using the cloud...I'm using data..correct? I want to use my music without using my data up.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Correct me if I'm wrong...but if I "pin" a song using the cloud...I'm using data..correct? I want to use my music without using my data up.

but you can add plenty of songs bruh. U want to add your whole HD :snoop: PIN is offline

simple solution get an ipod classic for the car. I use tune in radio, songza, pandora and music i put on my device its around 4GB

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

you're using data the one time you pin it. After that every time you listen to the music you pinned, it's playing straight from your phone. WiFi/3G/4G be damned

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think Nexus 4 8GB makes sense if you use android/google ecosystem. If you dont use the google services then it seems dumb. Google is doing a test on the users. Google music-20k songs, google drive- 5gb, Gmail, Google + (instant upload) and google now. Duarte alluded to the ecosystem being the main propriety right now. Of course the 32Gb version is coming lol. They are pushing the ecosystem system and the cloud. Ill wait for the 32 GB version and when the time is right ill switch over. Why would they get rid of the nexus 7 8GB if it wasnt a test

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven

Just pin your music while at home on wifi.

You also have the option to only display music that is pinned to your phone.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
you're using data the one time you pin it. After that every time you listen to the music you pinned, it's playing straight from your phone. WiFi/3G/4G be damned

Seems like everybody have unlimited data with LTE :ehh:

I was capped so it forced me to use data wisely. I stream only on wifi :thumbsup:

My wifi usage is 100GB so how the hell dudes use LTE all day long

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
I dont get the verge staff lol. They went over why the g.nex was a failure with LTE but want the nexus 4 on LTE. Then they basically said how come google dont have the power than APPLE has lol. Why eevrybody forgets that google owns motorola. Motorola phones are almost stock android. You will never have the perfect device with android. Stock android is not in demand. Dude said HTC dont want to use stock android lol

[ame=http://youtu.be/OFeIBoszKag]Apple's Exodus, Google's Nexus, and Windows Phone 8: The Vergecast hangout - YouTube[/ame]

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
T-Mobile | "4G Data Showdown" :30 commercial

[ame=http://youtu.be/OFeIBoszKag]Apple's Exodus, Google's Nexus, and Windows Phone 8: The Vergecast hangout - YouTube[/ame]

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I dont get the verge staff lol. They went over why the g.nex was a failure with LTE but want the nexus 4 on LTE. Then they basically said how come google dont have the power than APPLE has lol. Why eevrybody forgets that google owns motorola. Motorola phones are almost stock android. You will never have the perfect device with android. Stock android is not in demand. Dude said HTC dont want to use stock android lol

Apple's Exodus, Google's Nexus, and Windows Phone 8: The Vergecast hangout - YouTube

They should be smarter than this though. It's clear why Android doesn't have apple power. Apple is already proven to be a seller on it's own merits. Nexus devices haven't shown that kind of dominance. Google would have an easier time convincing carriers to do what they want in regards to the Galaxy S series than a Nexus

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I don't get this concept. How can it use it without using data if its not using internal memory? If you pin it...that means its on the phone correct? If you pin a bunch of songs..does that mean you basically downloaded it to your phone?

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I don't get this concept. How can it use it without using data if its not using internal memory? If you pin it...that means its on the phone correct? If you pin a bunch of songs..does that mean you basically downloaded it to your phone?

You're basically downloading it to your phone yes. Just don't try to look for it physically without getting a headache

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York

pin = offline mode whats so hard to understand lol :stopitslime:

You still have space to add your music just not your entire library. why you think apple head buy ipod touch lol and ipod classic etc nano...thats where google is heading

Google Play announcements today, the company revealed that it will finally bring scan and match functionality — already available from both Apple and Amazon — to its service starting November 13th. Matching will debut alongside Google Music in Europe for those in the U.K, France, Germany, Italy and Spain. The rollout will extend to the US "soon after" according to Google.

Google's solution works virtually identically to those offered by the competition: Google Music will scan your library for content that is available in the Google Play store, with any matches becoming instantly available for streaming (and download) without the need for uploading anything. There is one key difference however: unlike Apple, which charges an annual fee for iTunes Match, Google is providing the functionality at no cost. That means you can maintain a library of up to 20,000 songs through Google Music for absolutely free — a distinct advantage over Amazon's Cloud Player which maxes out at a measly 250 songs unless you decide to pay for more storage.

It remains to be seen whether Google's implementation will prove more reliable than existing options: results of matching through both Apple and Amazon have been utterly inconsistent. Nor do we know if users will be able to disable matching and upload files in the old manner to avoid those headaches — something Apple and Amazon simply won't let you do.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
quote explaining what happened with the LTE Nexus between Google & Verizon regarding updates
Ironically, Verizon's LTE network runs on 700MHz "C Block" spectrum which has FCC "open access" rules attached to it, which require that any compatible device be allowed to connect. Google fought vociferously to put these rules in place, even participating in the FCC's spectrum auction to ensure Verizon paid the minimum bid price that triggered the rules. But the rules have turned out to be virtually meaningless in practice, as Verizon uses 700MHz in conjunction with CDMA spectrum that doesn’t have similar open access rules — so while Verizon might be legally required to support an unlocked LTE device, the legacy CDMA network still effectively keeps all of Verizon’s phones locked.

The shyt is disgusting

pin = offline mode whats so hard to understand lol :stopitslime:

You still have space to add your music just not your entire library. why you think apple head buy ipod touch lol and ipod classic etc nano...thats where google is heading

Google Play announcements today, the company revealed that it will finally bring scan and match functionality — already available from both Apple and Amazon — to its service starting November 13th. Matching will debut alongside Google Music in Europe for those in the U.K, France, Germany, Italy and Spain. The rollout will extend to the US "soon after" according to Google.

Google's solution works virtually identically to those offered by the competition: Google Music will scan your library for content that is available in the Google Play store, with any matches becoming instantly available for streaming (and download) without the need for uploading anything. There is one key difference however: unlike Apple, which charges an annual fee for iTunes Match, Google is providing the functionality at no cost. That means you can maintain a library of up to 20,000 songs through Google Music for absolutely free — a distinct advantage over Amazon's Cloud Player which maxes out at a measly 250 songs unless you decide to pay for more storage.

It remains to be seen whether Google's implementation will prove more reliable than existing options: results of matching through both Apple and Amazon have been utterly inconsistent. Nor do we know if users will be able to disable matching and upload files in the old manner to avoid those headaches — something Apple and Amazon simply won't let you do.

Does this include music in your library with non-compatible file types like .mp4? :whoo:

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Verizon dikked google over. I posted this same article earlier. I guess dudes think they would get timely update if the nexus 4 was a LTE device. Biggest shyt they delayed the G. nexus launch 2 months

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Google answer to why they switched to the phone UI for the nexus 10

Matias Duarte cited "consistency and usability" as some of the biggest factors driving his team's design decisions, going on to explain:

This new configuration is based on usability research we did on all of the different form factors and screen sizes that Android runs on. What mattered most of all was muscle memory -- keeping the buttons where you expect them, no matter how you hold the device.

Phones are almost always used in portrait mode, flip sideways occasionally, and never go upside down. As screen sizes get larger, though, any which way goes. Imagine the frustration you’d feel if every time you picked up a tablet off the table "the wrong way up" you found yourself reaching for a home button that wasn’t where you expect it to be? That irritation adds up and over time like a tiny grain of sand in your shoe and undermines the rest of your experience.

The Jelly Bean system bar always keeps the same three buttons where you expect them. This happens dynamically for every screen size, up until you get to small handheld screens where stacking the bars in landscape mode would leave too little vertical space.

Duarte also pointed out that the new interface is designed to work equally well for left-handers and right-handers rather than favoring one positioning over the other.

So there you have it: the official explanation for Android's revised approach to tablet UI. And hey, if you aren't thrilled with the change, don't fret: There'll undoubtedly be plenty of third-party launchers and ROMs that'll let you opt to stick with the Honeycomb-style UI if you want.

That's the real beauty of this platform: Ultimately, you can decide what works for you. You're practically never stuck with something just because that's the way it ships -- and that's what we call Android power.