SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
HSPA + VS LTE BRUH BRUH. Its closer than people think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia5iBxqsjW8
Would've liked to see Verizon's LTE in that match-up as well
Stop crying about LTE :rudy:

First, you have to pay the piper (eg, Qualcomm) for an LTE baseband chip, which involves lots of patents and licensing arrangements that probably make it fairly expensive. Second, you have to then make sure that LTE chip doesn't decimate the battery life, or in some other way make the user experience worse (connectivity issues, for example). Making sure that stuff works (on multiple networks) takes time. If you want a Sprint or Verizon version, you need a CDMA radio. Qualcomm does make "all-in-one" radio chips that work on pretty much every network out there, but as I said, these are probably significantly more expensive than the 3G-only models. You'd then need different software versions for each carrier's radio configuration, too. That means more work to support the hardware post-sale.
You don't know how heartbroken I am for buying my girl the White GSM Galaxy Nexus. My VZW Nexus barely lasts 4-5 hours if I mess around with it while she's been bragging about her battery being alive for 24 hours
:bryan:
Not to mention she gets the latest Android updates while I'm flashing Codename Android just to keep up with the latest version
:huhldup:
That white Nexus is so sexy too :sadbron:
The more im reading about the Nexus 4 the more Im absolutely gutted about no 32GB variant.
The more I think about how I use my 32GB Nexus, the less stressed about space for my next phone. I'm a heavy user and after realizing how stupid it was to keep 14GB's of music on my phone was, I now keep the majority of my music on Google Music. Outside of music, I honestly can't think of what I would need 32GB's of space on my phone for. The only reason my phone is breaching 16GB's now is cause of backup files for rooting (which I wouldn't need if I always got the newest updates)

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
People are upset that the nexus 4 dont have LTE....They still can buy the G.NEX on verizon and sprint :what: If the Gnex was a success in googles eye they would of continued selling LTE phones. Android latest software>> Speed. I'm always on WI-FI

The G.nex have been a disaster. Im stuck on 4.1.1

Nexus 4 = the future :myman:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I disagree..

I use the cloud but not for everything...I don't want to have to stream just to listen to my own music when I want too. When I'm at work I have no WiFi access. I have .98gigs left on my 16gig gs3...I just ordered a 32gig micro SD card cuz I need it...if I had this nexus I'd be fukked and HAVE to use the cloud...fukk that.

I know in the future we'll all probably be forced to get smaller onboard space and no SD card slots but as long as theyre here...I want them.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

Google Music allows you to pin your tracks. If you're not using Google Music :comeon:

Use 5GB's for your favorite/new tracks/albums to play (on PowerAmp :whoo:) and you still have a grip of space

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Google, AT&T, and Starbucks join Powermat-backed wireless charging alliance
Starbucks to pilot Duracell Powermat chargers in Boston stores

Starbucks, Google, and AT&T have decided to support the Power Matters Alliance: a wireless power standards group formed by Powermat and Procter & Gamble (parent company of Duracell). The Alliance intends to create wireless power standards for phones and devices under the IEEE association's guidelines, and competes with other wireless standards groups like the Alliance for Wireless Power (of which Powermat is also a supporter), and the Wireless Power Consortium (which pushes for the Qi standard). The alliance's biggest rival, Qi, is backed by a number of hardware vendors including Samsung, Motorola, LG, and HTC.

As part of its support for the PMA, Starbucks plans to pilot Duracell Powermat charging stations in 17 of its Boston-area stores, which could lead to a broader rollout — something that would give the PMA, and by extension, Duracell Powermat, an important foothold in the US. As Boston.com reports, Starbucks says that the company plans to test the charging stations through the holidays, survey its customers and stores early next year, and then "regroup with Powermat to figure out the next steps."

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
People are upset that the nexus 4 dont have LTE....They still can buy the G.NEX on verizon and sprint :what: If the Gnex was a success in googles eye they would of continued selling LTE phones. Android latest software>> Speed. I'm always on WI-FI

The G.nex have been a disaster. Im stuck on 4.1.1

Nexus 4 = the future :myman:

As another brother stuck on the Verizon Nexus, I have to agree with you :wtf:

Not only is 16GB of space surprisingly enough for a phone but I'm almost certain that LTE has been gimped (possibly a side effect of everyone having LTE phones) to the point where HSPA+ is a comparable/preferable alternative. I remember when on a good night you could get 20mbps of data via Verizon 4G. Now the shyt won't even break 5 mbps (all numbers are using NYC servers).

In addition...LTE is a goddamn battery killer. :sadbron: if HSPA+ can give me similar 4G data speeds then I don't mind making the switch. Especially if it guarantees me to not get dikked around by Verizon when it comes to my updates

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
As another brother stuck on the Verizon Nexus, I have to agree with you :wtf:

Not only is 16GB of space surprisingly enough for a phone but I'm almost certain that LTE has been gimped (possibly a side effect of everyone having LTE phones) to the point where HSPA+ is a comparable/preferable alternative. I remember when on a good night you could get 20mbps of data via Verizon 4G. Now the shyt won't even break 5 mbps (all numbers are using NYC servers).

In addition...LTE is a goddamn battery killer. :sadbron: if HSPA+ can give me similar 4G data speeds then I don't mind making the switch. Especially if it guarantees me to not get dikked around by Verizon when it comes to my updates
and i spend 300$ for a 2 yr contract. Nexus on carrier suck.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Google Music allows you to pin your tracks. If you're not using Google Music :comeon:

Use 5GB's for your favorite/new tracks/albums to play (on PowerAmp :whoo:) and you still have a grip of space

What if I don't want to use Google Music. If I wanted to be told what to use or what I need I would just buy an iphone.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Im glad devs are updating their apps

Pandora hits version 4.0 with completely new UI

pandora-new-ui.png

Pandora has actually undergone quite a bit of change lately. After making notable changes to the app's UI just over two months ago, Pandora has gone back to the drawing board yet again. The new version 4.0 UI is coming to both Android and iOS with a whole host of changes, although curiously the Android update will be here "in the coming weeks". We've just got the official press shots of the UI to work with here, but it looks really nice. Pandora has gone to a completely "holo" looking design with tabs at the top, and an action bar with an overflow settings key and other action buttons. Extra functionality has been added in the form of new artist pages and improvements in your ability to make a personal music profile for better discovery.

As we noted, the update isn't live quite yet. You can hit up the Play Store link above and hopefully we'll be able to download version 4.0 soon. We've also got the press release for the latest update after the break.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
What if I don't want to use Google Music. If I wanted to be told what to use or what I need I would just buy an iphone.

Google Music isn't your only option to listen to your music via the cloud. Your issue is that you just don't wanna use the cloud but I haven't really heard any logical reason why that is. It's an unlocked phone which means you can take it to a carrier that allows for unlimited data usage (to do away with your fears about streaming outside of wifi). There are multiple cloud options if you don't like Google Music or don't want to only use Google Music. And there's absolutely no possible way that you need to have 16GB's worth of music on any given day.

Trust me as a dude who loves to store his music collection and wants to have all of his music available when he wants it. Cloud storage is the only option for me since I have about 100GB's of music on my external hard drive alone

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
why are you arguing with dudes. No LTE and storage space is a deal breaker however the gsm g.nex didnt have either :laff:. Now google dont have to make 3 phones Instead they put all the money into hardware and other areas. Google job IMO :pachaha:

The sprint G.Nex is not even 100% supported by google AOSP. Verizon G.Nex just became a true nexus. Instead of making 3 Nexus devices they make one instead.