BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I got a brand new droid still in the box, i been to lazy to activate it. Brehs, let me know how much my life is going to change once I get home today and activate it :wow:

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
:ehhh:

You're right, but JellyBean's the standard now. Why you wanna go back to Honeycomb fer?

Its not about going back to honeycomb or ICS. Its just that it was a better layout and far more practical and they should have improved on it instead of switching to this garbage ui. The N7s homscreen in landscape mode looks like cm7 gingerbread with adw launcher installed. Its a mess. Now you're gonna have 2 bars on your homescreen instead of one, doing less with more real estate... wasted space. Navigation buttons to the left, notifications, time, battery bar etc. to the right... it works.

Sent from the future

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Flipboard/google currents tablet app--check. This is my used apps on the tablet. I use chrome a lot on the tab because it syncs all of my tabs and bookmarks.

youtube-check

Google playbook-check

Google movies/youtube/netflick- check

other drawing apps-checkk

What else are dudes doing on the tablet to want 100 apps smh. Games are the important part and other media content. Amazon have it right. Apps are just idiots who is using their app store as an advantage. 275k apps and bet 200k of those apps are trash. I dont need a ny post app or cnn or espn or mlb with gogole now :shaq:

I forgot games too

XBMC when it drops :whoo:

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
tHIS KID :why:

THIS is much better than the old layout. Ipad is used in the potrait mode.
VeyTw9iFoCPKkmcivSku68C34U-UYCKgjdRUVWO8w2CnpDRIiwdF_rqqPtohTLLHbzg=w705

you rather this
bg_main_visual.png

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Its not about going back to honeycomb or ICS. Its just that it was a better layout and far more practical and they should have improved on it instead of switching to this garbage ui. The N7s homscreen in landscape mode looks like cm7 gingerbread with adw launcher installed. Its a mess. Now you're gonna have 2 bars on your homescreen instead of one, doing less with more real estate... wasted space. Navigation buttons to the left, notifications, time, battery bar etc. to the right... it works.

Sent from the future

They're tryna streamline the OS breh. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who the fukk are buying tablets just to play games? Nikkas don't have a Xbox or ps3? Phones?

If I'm paying 500+ that shyt better do more than just play back media and play games I'm sorry. Especially a 10 incher...highly doubt folks are whipping out 10 inch tablets to view movies in random public places unless you're on a long ride or something.

If all you gonna do is look at Google currents and browse..get a cheap 100-200 dollar 7 inch tab and call it a day.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
@Demonic Jenkins same reason 100 million people bought the ipad lol

Its serious to manage than the lap top. Life is easier bro. I dont egt the apps shyt. I install maybe 10 extra apps like Espn scoreboard, MLB at bat, Ebay, Evernote, flipboard (top5 app of all-time), plume, and all the google apps. I dont need anythin else

Like i said before I use it as a browsing device. I had the ipad and didnt install that many apps outside of apps to do shyt android do out the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its so funny you see the same folks drooling over crazy azz specs...then they turn around and say all their doing is watching movies...comics..magazines....and a bunch of games that use 25% of the processing power lol. The cheap azz nexus 7 and 10 transformer primes can do the shyt y'all talking about.

If I'm paying 500+...I want a full working PC that I can get more done than what I can on a phone or a cheap 7inch tablet. A lot folks in here seem like they just want to get the latest specs to stunt....you ain't even using all that power you're clamoring for smh

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
@Demonic Jenkins We dont know the price of the nexus 10. The nexus 7 screen is too small for some. Lap top are cool but they are being replaced because people dont do shyt beside go on social sites and web browse. why buy a 500$ worthless lap top when you can grab a 4th ipad or Nexus 10. You cant do a lot with the tablet but nobody use the lap top for anything outside of web browsing. So yes the tablet is a better buy. Especially when you have kids. U can control their viewing experience much better. So basically tablet= a lean and slim lap top experience. MS basically gave up on the desktop. We are a content society. Easier to transport my places to places. Have you ever travel with a lap top vs a tablet lol. Its make a big difference. Plus the battery last longer

Last edited by a moderator:

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Every time Google releases a new version of Android, the platform’s monetization rates improve

Screen-Shot-2012-10-24-at-1.47.jpg

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
samsung is striving while htc sink. Samsung reports over $7B in profits, thanks to strong Samsung Galaxy S3 sales.

while

If you think that HTC has hit rock bottom with their disastrous Q3 financial results, the phone maker has more bad news to share. In a recent statement, the company said that its Q4 revenue is set to drop 14% compared to the previous quarter, signaling that it has yet to succeed in weathering the Samsung storm.

The projected $2.05 billion revenue for the busy holiday season is well below analysts’ forecasts, which expect HTC’s offerings in the smartphone market can pull in $2.5 billion in revenue in the final quarter of the year.

HTC also said that it expects its gross margin in Q4 to fall to 23% from 25% in the previous quarter, and operating margin to dip to 1% from 7%.

While it’s hard to imagine for a company of its magnitude to end up becoming a shadow of its former self in just a few short years, HTC is now living up to its “quietly brilliant” slogan, albeit with the last word omitted. HTC has admitted as much that it’s facing difficulties in rebuilding itself amidst the increasingly competitive landscape.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Google will help them by giving them another nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah in 2 years. LG will make the next nexus after this one also ahha. HTC problem is their damn software. Make sense attractive. Update the icons looks the same from the evo days. Only thing they do right is havin a good camera and good Screen. Outside of the one x their design is garbage to me. The phones almost come out the box with issues smh. They always break google apps.

HTC would win if they do the follwoing:

Use top of the line hardware....they suffer from mid range hardware. :why:. \
software keys
get rid of the losy animations and get close to stock android
Use bigger batteries
Promote your products
Release the same phone on all the major networks (variants suck)
Use more google apps as default..chrome>>
jelly bean keyboard>>
get rid of the carosell launcher crap
get rid of the big clock, wallpaper, ugly dock, and ugly folders

do all this and you have a :salute: :ohlawd: