JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Because the apps essentially make the platform. As a platform, I despise iOS and loved ICS. From widgets to everything being in the cloud; but using apps designed for a 4" screen on a 10" tablet just doesn't work very well. Most apps aren't optimized for tablets on the Play Store. And when it comes down to it, apps make or break the device for me. I've used both, and I'm goog set all day, but I gotta give props where props is due, and the iPad got the app game on smash.

Android is only a year younger than iOS, so let's not act like Apple gotta 15 year head start or some shyt. The hardware without good software is irrelevant. Samsung and Asus isn't the problem. The problem is that developers aren't creating tablet optimized applications for the platform. That's what's hurting Android in the long run. If there was parity between the two, ain't no way in HELL I woulda copped an iPad.

There are enough tablet apps to justify an android purchase, and every month apps are updated to support larger screens. What kind of apps are you looking for?

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Because the apps essentially make the platform. As a platform, I despise iOS and loved ICS. From widgets to everything being in the cloud; but using apps designed for a 4" screen on a 10" tablet just doesn't work very well. Most apps aren't optimized for tablets on the Play Store. And when it comes down to it, apps make or break the device for me. I've used both, and I'm goog set all day, but I gotta give props where props is due, and the iPad got the app game on smash.

Android is only a year younger than iOS, so let's not act like Apple gotta 15 year head start or some shyt. The hardware without good software is irrelevant. Samsung and Asus isn't the problem. The problem is that developers aren't creating tablet optimized applications for the platform. That's what's hurting Android in the long run. If there was parity between the two, ain't no way in HELL I woulda copped an iPad.

The main issue is making android run smoothly on a 10 inch device. The note 10.1 suffer at 10 inches hardware wise. Yeah the apps are important but to me the issue is the tablets suck. I wouldnt buy one because i dont trust any of the OEM. If google makes a 10 inch device then devs will update their apps. The devs prolly dont own an android tab :beli:

Google will give the devs a free tab at google I/0 or at this modays event so they can ahve a good tablet to work with

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
There are enough tablet apps to justify an android purchase, and every month apps are updated to support larger screens. What kind of apps are you looking for?

This....a lot of people always say shyt about apps on android tabs, but i never see examples

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
are tablets apps so important that dudes dont want to go to the mobile site. Mobile site>>>some apps

some apps dont need to be made into an app....If the app dont bring nothing to the table then its a waste. Yeah apple have 275k ipad apps but who uses more than a 100 apps?? I only use like 20 apps. If we are talking about Games, books, media content then it makes more sense

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
The main issue is making android run smoothly on a 10 inch device. The note 10.1 suffer at 10 inches hardware wise. Yeah the apps are important but to me the issue is the tablets suck. I wouldnt buy one because i dont trust any of the OEM. If google makes a 10 inch device then devs will update their apps. The devs prolly dont own an android tab :beli:

Google made a 10" device essentially. It was called the Xoom. I don't think the Nexus tablet will make much of a device unless Google is able to entice developers to put resources into the tablet development market.

I read an article a while back complaining that the way apple handles updates and infrastructure is miles ahead of what Google does, and it's why he's chosen not to release on Android.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I pay $99 for 2 lines with unlimited talk, text, and 2 GB of data at T-Mobile. My job pays for my line, so I only pay $50 for my girl's line. I'm thinking about upgrading my data to unlimited, but I usually only use 1 GB a month. I'm thinking about canceling my XM subscription and rolling with internet radio through Bluetooth on my phone for the car though.

If you already got the 2 gig plan it's only a extra $10 for unlimited 4G

It's well worth it if you use apps like Netflix,hbogo,espn radio,spotify etc

I can't even imagine not having unlimited anymore

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
The xoom didnt carry the Nexus brand. Google is in a different space right now. Devs will make tablet apps after the nexus 10 is release. Look how the nexus 7 spark the holo theme apps. The nexus is forcing devs to step their game up :mindblown:

Holo theme apps+ apps following the new guidelines+ Nexus devices= :whew:

Nexus 7 is the first true android tab to sell. Google about sell a bunch more on monday. Google have a developer program where they help devs update their apps.

Camera Zoom FX was apart of the program now look at the improvement :whew:

Watch this video where android employees were discussing the tablet apps
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwXkVaLvadk"]The Developers Strike Back: Tablet Apps - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YcfOL4cd5U"]The App Clinic: Video Players - YouTube[/ame]

Android Developers - YouTube

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
The Galaxy Note 10.1 flopped and failed on the software side. The note 2 is :whoo:

In a year samsung will get their act together. It took them 3 years to get the phones right :shaq2:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
can anyone teach a noob how to read ebooks/comics on a droid?

Could someone point me in the direction of a free ebook reader App/Comic book reader?

I usually use adobe reader whenever I occasionally read summin on the PC but I'm assuming that's unacceptable these days? :ld:

I already know where to get free books, just looking for a tool to read them on via a Droid

and Yes I'm a noob.......

yet no one seems to help a nikka or care

:smugfavre:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The Galaxy Note 10.1 flopped and failed on the software side. The note 2 is :whoo:

In a year samsung will get their act together. It took them 3 years to get the phones right :shaq2:
you wonder why nobody takes you seriously :snoop:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Could someone point me in the direction of a free ebook reader App/Comic book reader?

I usually use adobe reader whenever I occasionally read summin on the PC but I'm assuming that's unacceptable these days? :ld:

I already know where to get free books, just looking for a tool to read them on via a Droid

and Yes I'm a noob.......

yet no one seems to help a nikka or care

:smugfavre:

try out a app called EZpdf reader

• Dap
Reactions: Tom