I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
Well that sucks. The fingerprint scanner is a key feature to me.

Might as well keep my 3a. What's the face ID update?
A rumor came out a few days ago that there may be an update with face scan unlock.

I've gotten a little used to it now but it's still inaccurate.

Google Pixel 6 series might get face unlock smarts after all
It's potentially great news for those who hate the Pixel 6's fingerprint sensor.
NEWS
By Andy Walker

November 11, 2021

pixel 6 fingerprint

1Password: Get a FREE 14-Day Trial
Promoted

Mint Mobile: Buy 3 Months, Get 3 Free
Promoted

TL;DR
Evidence suggests that the Pixel 6 series may get face unlock in a future update.
A commit highlights the feature may require more power draw refinements.
Face unlock would be a welcome companion to the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro’s in-display fingerprint sensor.
The Pixel 6 series is Google’s most feature-packed smartphone line to date, but there was one glaring feature omission at launch. Despite several rumors highlighting the possible return of face unlock support to the flagships, neither Pixel 6 device featured it. However, this seemingly doesn’t mean Google isn’t still working on the feature.

According to developer Freak07 (h/t XDA-Developers), there’s still evidence that face unlock is in the works lurking within a commit published back in July. Specifically mentioning “face unlock” and the Tensor SoC’s “gs101” internal name, the commit stresses that there’s currently a power usage issue with the feature. Although it’s seemingly functional, the commit suggests face unlock is overutilizing CPU resources when not required, potentially impacting battery life. This could be one of the reasons Google decided to forego face unlock on the Pixel 6 series on launch day.

Nevertheless, Google may still be working on refining face unlock, but whether it will activate it in a future update remains unknown for now.

Do you still want face unlock on the Pixel 6 series?
908 votes

Yes
90%

No
10%
Google’s face unlock and fingerprint scanners
Google has flipped between fingerprint scanners and face unlock in recent Pixel releases. The Pixel 4 lacked fingerprint recognition, only utilizing facial unlock smarts for authentication. The Pixel 5 flipped this, dropping facial unlock for a rear fingerprint scanner.

While the Pixel 6 series now uses an in-display fingerprint sensor, it’s not without its problems. Completely draining the Pixel 6’s battery could apparently leave the sensor inoperable. Users have also lamented the sensor’s delay in recognizing a fingerprint, but Google claims this is a security measure rather than a bug.

Either way, having more than one reliable authentication method is always preferable. Here’s to hoping Google enables facial unlock smarts on the Pixel 6 series soon.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Alright..here's my latest update..
Had the Fold 3..got stolen...OK. I can deal with that..tried to find the pixel 6 pro in 512gb..still not in. Definitely not paying $2k on Swappa. Was gonna get the Xiaomi 11T pro but nobody has it..not Amazon, Walmart, Giztop...nobody. So I bought a A52 from Tmobile yesterday to hold me over till the s22 Ultra. I also ordered a Spigen tough armor for that and I bought a TB micro SD card since they got a SD card slot in those. I'll use that for my S7 tab plus too...

I sent in my s20 ultra to Samsung because the motherboard got wet somehow. So that's been my last few weeks..

Oh yeah..the Android 12 update arrived for my s21 ultra but I haven't installed it. I want to see about 15 videos on it before I allow an installation.

Last edited:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Anyone use vlc on their phone? Im about to throw the default samsung player in the bushes. Evwry 10 secs an icon flashes wanting me to share it on a tv.:hhh:
Late AF, but just want to cosign VLC even more. I've been using it for years to watch videos that I downloaded to my tablet's SD card.

Recently, I've started downloading videos to my external hard drive, and then dragging them to Google Drive (where they are automatically downloaded to my tablet's SD card & deleted from the cloud thanks to AutoSync) to watch on my tablet.

It was starting to get a bit tedious, especially w/ my slow upload speeds but then I remembered hearing about the ability to stream content on VLC over the LAN.

This weekend I download more videos to my external hard drive, but instead of uploading them to Google Drive, I just connected my VLC app to my desktop and streamed directly from the external hard drive to my tablet. No downloading/uploading and no internet usage either:banderas:

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Somehow apple convince not just their sheeps, but Android users too, that face unlock is better than a fingerprint scanner. And that it's worth adding a notch on your screen to have face unlock. :ohhh:

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
got a few questions

1) I switched to note 20 ultra and used smartswitch but all my pictures are showing as new/today/etc in the gallery now. Basically nothing in order. Can i fix this?

2) all my logins/passwords that are saved to google didnt come over. and now google save password thing isnt even showing, only samsung pass. Kind of annoying cause i use burner accounts on all the points apps (restaurants and shyt). I'd have to reset most of these PWs because i usually just used google's generator. Not the end of the world but annoying for sure. How can i import all my logins/pws?

3) Seems that app data/settings didnt transfer either. I dont have time to tweak settings for every app; any way to move that over?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
image.png